US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There are many independent journalists on X who produce their own content. You can follow them and you can also follow CNN and Reuters too. It gives you an option. The more options the better IMO. 

the more transparent options the better. X is manipulated by Elon, you can't trust any numbers he puts out. Plus he's paying for it, that thing has never made money. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, DSVII said:

Mark Cuban said it best: X has more impact globally than domestically, 20% of US adults are on twitter, 80% aren't. 

saw that too, thought it was an interesting comment. Elon is buying influence, thats pretty much what "x" is. Cuban made some good points about how Elon manipulates it to his benefit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They had 1 billion views last night.  That's alot of people.  Don't care what anyone says.  X is more powerful than all the legacy media combined...

Legacy media doesn't use bots and farm accounts to push their agenda or fake the numbers 

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

This is what I was trying to figure out....could I have listened to that interview without logging into Xitter? If not, I can't see how they'd possibly get a billion listeners....:classic_unsure:

There wasnt a billion listeners.

Was there a billion clicks? ... 'views'? ....maaaaaybe.

But, for example I might click on CFF 20x a day, probably more...

I'm just one fella but that's 20+ 'views'

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Legacy media doesn't use bots and farm accounts to push their agenda or fake the numbers 

Wasn't bots the thing Elon was using to get out of buying Twitter, saying it wasn't worth the offer he made?

(Yet like an arrogant ass he still made the offer....)

28 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Stable Genius Trump Tanks His Own Media Company After Posting on X

Trump Media and Truth Social are cratering in value after Donald Trump posted several times on X.

https://newrepublic.com/post/184782/trump-tanks-media-company-truth-social-posts-x

23.98 USD −0.90 (3.62%)

I love it. 

The orange idiot invests in his own social media company so he can control the message.  Because he's been kicked off of Twitter for lying constantly.  Specifically dangerously lying about covid and vaccine effectiveness, thereby endangering lives.

Then right after he sets up his ironically named "Truth Social" where they post "truths",  Musk splurges on Twitter vowing to save it from censorship of ideas. And re-instates Trump and every other wild hair brained conspiracy nut, woman hater, and nazi. 

Doh!

Now he's between a rock and a bigger rock.  His dream was to out-Twitter Twitter.  Even after his fellow nutjob and pal Musk bought this rival company. He held out and didn't even accept the red carpet that Musk rolled out for him. Dammit! he had invested too much....mostly other peoples money....into his Truth Social!

He's now finally realizing that its a choice between tanking his own miserable shit show in Truth Social by posting on Twitter again. Which is the only real platform to get out any message......or......stubbornly still ignoring Twitter but hanging onto the millions of members that only join Truth Social  be able to their cult leaders daily screeds before the rest of the world does.

And I can only HOPE that a billion individual viewers saw that mumbling anti-worker daffy duck impression he made on that idiotic "intervew" with the dumbest billionaire on the planet. I wish it was 2 billion.

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Biden should start challenging DT to physical competitions.

Not a chance Don can ride a bike. 

If they did, they'd need an engineer to reinforce the bike.

Edited by Chickenspear
  • Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, Satchmo said:

You know it's not 1 billion people who watched it right?   If you count all the viewers and all the comments (favourable or not) it gets close to 1 billion.

The number of comments here - and I have seen none favourable - indicate that people showed some interest in this reboot of 'Grumpy Old Men' .

Ever since Kamala had such a large turnout in Michigan, the poor Dotard has been in a foul mood. If he needs to hear that 1 billion people tuned in to his bed shitting extravaganza, I’m fine with it.

He can spend the rest of the presidential campaign boasting about his biggest ever audience for all I care. Keep stoking his ego and he’ll stay off message all the way to his ignominious defeat at the polls. 

6 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They had no choice and I'm pretty sure it was pre-planned.  Putting Biden in a debate so early was almost unheard of.  After the debate, it was fairly obvious why they made one so early.  Biden's team made a mistake in agreeing to that debate before he was officially the party nominee.

I've actually been thinking about this...I think Bidens team played this scenario quite well and on purpose... they fully knew of his declining health.

Maybe it was their goal to hide Bidens health until they were sure Trumps campaign had their sights dead set on him? Let them debate and let Trump think he's got the election in the bag. Let Trump name a shitty tag along partner as his running mate...THEN lay the hammer down and bring out Kamala to replace Biden in the race and flip Trumps game plan on it's ass.

The more you think about it the more it makes sense why they hid Bidens health for so long...they needed to ensure it was Trump they were running against first before letting the cat out of the bag.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Elon isn't stupid.  He definitely wants Trump back on Twitter.  Problem is Trump has billions invested in Truth Social.  So, I highly doubt he wants to tank his stock.  Mind you, if he loses the election Truth Social will go to zero regardless, so he's pretty fooked at this point.  He really has no choice but to go all in and start using Twitter daily to try and win the election...

F5742570-3398-4661-B6E4-A5C21ED0E1DD.thumb.png.b2875a6b7ad4a076b6aebdd1b1bbb6e9.png

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

F5742570-3398-4661-B6E4-A5C21ED0E1DD.thumb.png.b2875a6b7ad4a076b6aebdd1b1bbb6e9.png

"I mean, I look at what you do,” Trump told Musk during their lengthy conversation. “You walk in, you say, You want to quit? They go on strike, I won’t mention the name of the company, but they go on strike and you say, That’s OK, you’re all gone. You’re all gone. So, every one of you is gone!”

The maniacal laughing by these two privileged elites while he is saying it is the icing on the cake.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I've actually been thinking about this...I think Bidens team played this scenario quite well and on purpose... they fully knew of his declining health.

Maybe it was their goal to hide Bidens health until they were sure Trumps campaign had their sights dead set on him? Let them debate and let Trump think he's got the election in the bag. Let Trump name a shitty tag along partner as his running mate...THEN lay the hammer down and bring out Kamala to replace Biden in the race and flip Trumps game plan on it's ass.

The more you think about it the more it makes sense why they hid Bidens health for so long...they needed to ensure it was Trump they were running against first before letting the cat out of the bag.

I've thought that all along.  

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

"I mean, I look at what you do,” Trump told Musk during their lengthy conversation. “You walk in, you say, You want to quit? They go on strike, I won’t mention the name of the company, but they go on strike and you say, That’s OK, you’re all gone. You’re all gone. So, every one of you is gone!”

The maniacal laughing by these two privileged elites while he is saying it is the icing on the cake.

I just can't understand how he can be this dumb.  Hrs not going to win without 2 of the 3 swing states in the rust belt........states built on the backs of unions.  Why the f*** would you go on a rant like that?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

There wasnt a billion listeners.

Was there a billion clicks? ... 'views'? ....maaaaaybe.

But, for example I might click on CFF 20x a day, probably more...

I'm just one fella but that's 20+ 'views'

Got it.

I guess it was the snarky "Does CNN have a billion viewers?" remark that had me wondering if the claim was Xitter had a billion listeners....:classic_rolleyes:

• Cheers 1