US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

I don't really care what context you are using this analogy in, it's just a fucked up thing to say full stop.

I don't know what school you went to, but while there were bullies around back in my school days, no one, but no one, picked on the classmate of ours who was intellectually challenged.

People are animals. Kids develop empathy as they mature. Kids who are different (intellectually and otherwise) sometimes get picked on.  

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

People are animals. Kids develop empathy as they mature. Kids who are different (intellectually and otherwise) sometimes get picked on.  

I am the same person empathy wise, as I was when I was a kid. 

I hung out with guys that are covered in tattoos and society looked down on, and we never hassled or picked on people that had any sort of disability.

Quite the opposite, we made sure they knew we respected them. 

One of us, Johnny D, had an intellectual disability.

He was one of the kindest people you would ever meet.

While I am aware that certain people bully others, that statement was fucked up.

I don't like it when someone calls people animals.

That's an insult to animals.

Animals don't choose to abuse, denigrate or treat each other despicably.

• Like 1

Make no mistake Harris is not a strong candidate for POTUS. Her strength is that she is not Donald Trump. Can she ride his weak personality to POTUS? If there is a serious hit on the economy prior to the November vote then who knows. Intellectually both these candidates are challenged. 

If I was an American I would vote for Harris because of the Biden/Harris support for Ukraine. A defeat of Russia in Ukraine would be the most significant geopolitical event in my life time. It would likely cause the collapse of the Putin dictatorship and possibly create democracy in what remains of that country.   

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’m sure Kamala would get 2 billion views…

He's lying that he would be happy. For the richest man, he seems very frustrated. My theory is, like Trump, he's just never been cool. With out money he is a sniveling dork. 

His only happiness would be if Kamala flopped. He would lie and say she flopped either way. He's picked a team. As the richest man, he didnt need to, but here we are.

He is intent on divide. Cause I cant believe he ever thought this was real....from a week ago...

Elon Musk Boosted Fake Headline About UK ‘Detainment Camps’ Amid Criticism Of UK Handling Of Riots

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maryroeloffs/2024/08/08/elon-musk-boosted-fake-headline-about-uk-detainment-camps-amid-criticism-of-uk-handling-of-riots/

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Make no mistake Harris is not a strong candidate for POTUS. Her strength is that she is not Donald Trump. Can she ride his weak personality to POTUS? If there is a serious hit on the economy prior to the November vote then who knows. Intellectually both these candidates are challenged. 

If I was an American I would vote for Harris because of the Biden/Harris support for Ukraine. A defeat of Russia in Ukraine would be the most significant geopolitical event in my life time. It would likely cause the collapse of the Putin dictatorship and possibly create democracy in what remains of that country.   

No member of Mensa to be sure but a houseplant compared to Donnie would be intellectually comparable.  Cunning/crafty he may be but he probably got his dad to pay some kid to take his exams in college.  One was a former DA (Prosecutor) & the other is a multiple convicted felon.  GOP lost their chance by not having Nikki Haley run against her (though she too in the end sucked it up and & kissed the GOP's kings ass).

But back to US politics:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Animals don't choose to abuse, denigrate or treat each other despicably.

Well, actually some of the more intelligent can be real dicks.

It's like advanced brains start to bring out devious actions in creatures. Us humans being the worst.

On topic...some of JD Vance's friends..

https://panamajack.com/blogs/under-the-sea/7-reasons-dolphins-are-kind-of-jerks

And, I have some of these rapists living under my garage ...

https://www.iflscience.com/otters-are-not-cute-they-are-sick-depraved-jerks-47995

I'm only half serious here bud, but some of these animals get up to some nasty nonsense. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Very wrong.

She is far more intelligent than Trump. Not close.

Why would you call her challenged?  could you achieve the jobs she has had?

I also think she is looking like a strong candidate now, so I will make that mistake because you dont know what the F' you're babbling about. 

So far she's been light on policy ideas, but that's kind of politics now. I mean look at Skippy up here, it's all pissy memes and snark.

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

So far she's been light on policy ideas, but that's kind of politics now. I mean look at Skippy up here, it's all pissy memes and snark.

Do you think she is "intellectually challenged"?

My comment is on B's daft rhetoric.

He's trying to reduce Kamala as a an equal to the 'person, woman, man, camera, covfefe, Hannibal Lecter...' guy.

Just keeping it real, Jim.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Do you think she is "intellectually challenged"?

My comment is on B's daft rhetoric.

He's trying to reduce Kamala as a an equal to the 'person, woman, man, camera, covfefe, Hannibal Lecter...' guy.

Just keeping it real, Jim.

No, not in the least.

The right loves to use "dei" to reduce people as well. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

No, not in the least.

The right loves to use "dei" to reduce people as well. 

I left B alone on Trump's 'weak personality'

I would almost argue that his personality is all he has... It's polarising but the people that like him , love the attitude.

Some would even call it a 'Cult of personality'

So, yeah. That post i took issue with was like Bambi on ice. 

6 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I don't really care what context you are using this analogy in, it's just a fucked up thing to say full stop.

I don't know what school you went to, but while there were bullies around back in my school days, no one, but no one, picked on the classmate of ours who was intellectually challenged.

I'm not saying it was a good thing or that I participated, just that I personally saw it happen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I left B alone on Trump's 'weak personality'

I would almost argue that his personality is all he has... It's polarising but the people that like him , love the attitude.

Some would even call it a 'Cult of personality'

So, yeah. That post i took issue with was like Bambi on ice. 

My point was with the light policy ideas so far, she's open to that kind of statement.

I hope she actually releases a solid economic framework on Friday. It doesn't have to be rocket surgery, just something the markets like or at least don't freak out about.

It's been funny watching the GOP throw shit and having none of it really stick. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

My point was with the light policy ideas so far, she's open to that kind of statement.

I hope she actually releases a solid economic framework on Friday. It doesn't have to be rocket surgery, just something the markets like or at least don't freak out about.

Someone posted her accomplishments while in office in this thread somewhere.

It was very long.

So...the 'make no mistake' part stuck out to me...she doesn't seem weak, she's surprisingly strong. 

Yes, I hope she puts out a few good policies for you, while she saves US democracy 

( yeah, I'm being a bit dramatic  😉)

Just now, bishopshodan said:

It was very long.

So...the 'make no mistake' part stuck out to me...she doesn't seem weak, she's surprisingly strong. 

Yes, I hope she puts out a few good policies for you, while she saves US democracy 

I don't understand the weak argument, but then again it is coming from the side that would be afraid of a brown woman with real power.

• Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It was very long.

So many are moving towards her from the “right”   ,.  It is a separate vote for POTUS after all .

Lets not forget ,

this is the month of August,

it’s early in the campaigns.

Word is spreading rapidly.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Well, actually some of the more intelligent can be real dicks.

It's like advanced brains start to bring out devious actions in creatures. Us humans being the worst.

On topic...some of JD Vance's friends..

https://panamajack.com/blogs/under-the-sea/7-reasons-dolphins-are-kind-of-jerks

And, I have some of these rapists living under my garage ...

https://www.iflscience.com/otters-are-not-cute-they-are-sick-depraved-jerks-47995

I'm only half serious here bud, but some of these animals get up to some nasty nonsense.

I remember a comedian doing a bit back when the anti-fur wearing thing was gaining steam. Can't remember the guy's name, but his style was reminiscent of Bill Burr....

"Don't wear fur? Lemme tell you something....I don't feel the least bit sorry for a fucking Mink! Minks are the biggest pricks in the forest!"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Very wrong.

She is far more intelligent than Trump. Not close.

Why would you call her challenged?  could you achieve the jobs she has had?

I also think she is looking like a strong candidate now, so I will make that mistake because you dont know what the F' you're babbling about.

Gonna go right ahead and agree with this.....(and also smh at Boud's attempt at equivalency)

I'm pretty sure Kamala knows that if your boat is sinking, a shark is going to be the bigger problem than the battery....

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

She's not even the official candidate yet. That being said my understanding is that she has women's health choice, minimum wage increase and a billionaire tax surcharge (probably why Elon is such a big Trump fan) high on her priority list.

She's also backed Biden's plan to reform the Supreme Court. (which doesn't necessarily mean increasing the number of Justices)

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

She's not even the official candidate yet. That being said my understanding is that she has women's health choice, minimum wage increase and a billionaire tax surcharge (probably why Elon is such a big Trump fan) high on her priority list.

She's also backed Biden's plan to reform the Supreme Court. (which doesn't necessarily mean increasing the number of Justices)

She actually is the official candidate as of now. Dem did their virtual roll call for official nomination already to get ahead of GOP shannigans. 

That said, detailed policy plan usually get hashed out during the convention so we should give her a pass on that until after next week. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Lets put the shoe on the other foot. Conservatives have to hold themselves accountable to their own standards then and have some self reflection. Because even if Harris is a weak candidate (it's still early, need to see more) the Republicans have signaled it doesn't matter to them as a value because this is the third consecutive time they've nominated an unfit candidate like Trump to the head of the ticket.

We are in serious need of adult Republicans in the room because Dems can not be the only sane option here.

Edited by DSVII
  • Cheers 4

59 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The detailed policy plan you look for don't come out till after the convention. 

Give her and the Dems the two weeks to hash things out. 

• Vintage 1