US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

22 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's absolutely no shock you'd be pushing a deep fake AI video from this account and in support of trump.

It' kind of sad and to be honest.  Weird

At 1:13 though, it would be funny when she becomes president if she does open up a bribery investigation.

On how trump was given $ from egypt.  trumps daughter was given clearance fromg tariffs.  His daughter and sons were given high level clearance for no reason at all.  his daughters "emails" and private white house server use.  his son in laws billions from the saudis.  His grifting of high ranking officials and air force being forced to use his resorts for housing.

yes, drain the swamp open an investigation.  right Bolt?

That AI video had over 1 billion views. It’s called comedy. You sure get triggered easily though. 

• Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That AI video had over 1 billion views. It’s called comedy. You sure get triggered easily though. 

I may just be an easily triggered woke leftist usual suspect but it was rude, dumb, not done well enough to merit the term comedy, and says more about MAGA than Kama.

I really don't care about its' Nielsen ratings and don't see that as an indication of its' merit.  Lot's of people watch really bad sit coms.  Doesn't make them good.

Edited by Satchmo
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Trump is going to prison on September 18. My predictions always come true. 

What’s going to happen afterwards? 

You bat .500

So, Sept 9th?

22 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I may just be and easily triggered woke leftist usual suspect but it was rude, dumb, not done well enough to merit the term comedy, and says more about MAGA than Kama.

I really don't care about its' Nielsen ratings and don't see that as an indication of its' merit.  Lot's of people watch really bad sit coms.  Doesn't make them good.

Wow, you’re a tough crowd. What about Trump going to the doctor?

It hurts Bigly…

This guy is such  flake.

RFK Jr. reached out to Harris campaign about administration role in exchange for endorsement

The approach from Kennedy’s team occurred last week, and no meeting between the two candidates materialized, the Kennedy campaign official told CNN.

The effort to meet comes weeks after Kennedy and former President Donald Trump met in person during the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee, where the two discussed a possible role for Kennedy in a potential Trump administration in exchange for an endorsement.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/14/politics/rfk-jr-harris-administration-role/index.html

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The press is starting to turn against your girl folks...  Jim Acosta just fired a warning shot.  DRAMA!!

I'm guessing 2 reasons:

The DNC Convention starts Monday.  Much of the medias questions they have will be answered then.  Why take away from that event when they have been riding a rocket ship.

Also, why would you open your mouth when your opponent is doing great work for you.  She barely has to say anything and TRUMP/Vance trip all over themselves providing all kinds of ammunition for her campaign. 

I'll give a tinfoil hat extra reason.  The media had no problem reporting on Hillarys emails and Hunters laptop, but for some reason isn't really reporting on the TRUMP hack besides just admitting it was hacked in general terms.  Why should she run to the fake news media that has shown no problems reporting hacked Democrats but refuses to go the other way?    Interesting. 

Edited by the destroyer of worlds
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I'm guessing 2 reasons:

The DNC Convention starts Monday.  Much of the medias questions they have will be answered then.  Why take away from that event when they have been riding a rocket ship.

Also, why would you open your mouth when your opponent is doing great work for you.  She barely has to say anything and TRUMP/Vance trip all over themselves providing all kinds of ammunition for her campaign. 

I'll give a tinfoil hat extra reason.  The media had no problem reporting on Hillarys emails and Hunters laptop, but for some reason isn't really reporting on the TRUMP hack besides just admitting it was hacked in general terms.  Why should she run to the fake news media that has shown no problems reporting hacked Democrats but refuses to go the other way?    Interesting. 

First reason.  I don't think that's it.

Second reason.  Solid and quite salient point.  Trump has been fairly impotent with his campaigning so she needs to keep riding the momentum Trump still hasn't figured out how to slow down.

Third reason.  The media is in love with her and her campaign and has been sucking up to her to try and get her on their airwaves and website.

She isn't throwing them a bone and they're starting to get desperate and pi*sy about it. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

I may just be an easily triggered woke leftist usual suspect but it was rude, dumb, not done well enough to merit the term comedy, and says more about MAGA than Kama.

I seem to remember Trump getting pretty butthurt over SNL making fun of him.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Second reason.  Solid and quite salient point.  Trump has been fairly impotent with his campaigning so she needs to keep riding the momentum Trump still hasn't figured out how to slow down.

Third reason.  The media is in love with her and her campaign and has been sucking up to her to try and get her on their airwaves and website.

She isn't throwing them a bone and they're starting to get desperate and pi*sy about it. 

The 3rd one I've seen some counters to it that the "hack" was a scheme for the TRUMP campaign to play victim.  Apparently Roger Stone was involved.  Not hard to see this tinfoil being reality with that guy involved. 

I do thing that the DNC being next week does play somewhat.  You know the media are going to ask questions that the campaign wants to release then.  Questions that the party wants to present at their big event that actually kicks off the General Election.  

The media got all kinds of content with the assassination attempt, Biden dropping out, Walz announced.  Those greedy bastards want it all and they want it now.  Harris is right to make them wait.  If I was in charge of the campaign, those that bitch too loudly, should be put at the back of the line.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

The 3rd one I've seen some counters to it that the "hack" was a scheme for the TRUMP campaign to play victim.  Apparently Roger Stone was involved.  Not hard to see this tinfoil being reality with that guy involved. 

I do thing that the DNC being next week does play somewhat.  You know the media are going to ask questions that the campaign wants to release then.  Questions that the party wants to present at their big event that actually kicks off the General Election.  

The media got all kinds of content with the assassination attempt, Biden dropping out, Walz announced.  Those greedy bastards want it all and they want it now.  Harris is right to make them wait.  If I was in charge of the campaign, those that bitch too loudly, should be put at the back of the line.

There's also the fact that if she makes an unintentional flub or has a bad moment or two, her momentum could come to a screeching halt.

She's also starting to cut bait on Biden's unpopular economic record since that's one of the few Trump shots that have been landing and corporations are beginning another round of layoffs.  I would imagine that her team would like to see how that all lands before they expose her to the media who will parse that whole situation out with her front and center.

So basically, I think it comes down to that she doesn't really need the media for now.  The election is in 3 months and she could conceivably not do a press conference all the way to election day.  If she loses, they'll ignore her anyway.  If she wins, they'll start kissing her ass no matter what anyways so they can get their precious access.

Edited by Sabrefan1
changed interview to press conference
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

28 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It's smart of her not to talk tbh, speaking off script is a big weakness for her and I think the media will keep carrying her campaign regardless. The whole narrative over Trump not accepting the debate for example, then he accepts it plus 2 more & the whole thing gets memory holed.

It's kinda funny though. Time magazine did a total propaganda puff piece & they couldn't even get an interview for the piece.

But it's not the worst strategy. Let the machine carry you & try to avoid shooting yourself in the foot like Trump does. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’m old enough to remember when CNN turned on Joe.  It was ugly.  Joe is gone now.  Are they now turning on Kamala too?

They're getting pis*y because she isn't feeding them.  Their parent companies want Harris to win so I doubt anyone in the MSM will turn against her.  They're more likely to just complain like Acosta did.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Oje billion views.  That's a consistent number for you isn't it

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

As far as interview goes for Harris. Maybe she is just busy? Sometimes the most mudane answer is the right answer.

Look at what she had to do in the last 4 weeks.

Consolidate Dem support. Wrangle all the delegates to nominate her. Choose a running mate. Launch a campaign that included a whole week of events. Heck she is likely still working to hash out a policy platform to run on. Figure out what to do at the DNC coming up next week. 

Would be pretty idiotic to do an interview or press conference before policies and messages are set. Don't want to say something that would trap her before all boxes are checked. 

Not to mention she doesn't need the media yet as her momentum continues to grow. You don't see Trump doing all these pressers and interviews, not to mention only on fox, when he was leading in the polls before Biden dropped out. 

Expect Harris to sit down with ABC, CBS, or the like post DNC before end of the month or very early in September. She will do the late night tours as well per usual with the Dems. 

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’m old enough to remember when CNN turned on Joe.  It was ugly.  Joe is gone now.  Are they now turning on Kamala too?

Harris has a smart group advising her. They know she only needs to keep quiet because little hands and his running mate are falling like rocks. No need to say anything at all. Let those other two do all the talking. They are true morans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1