US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

6 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

The same people that get all of their information from twitter, complaining that the MSM are not covering this story. 

Indeed... so why aren't these xitheads not doing the major exposé themselves on all these topics that are fading into the background?  Isn't "social media" supposed to be superior to "mainstream media"/"legacy media" (whatever those terms are supposed to mean) when it comes to coverage of topics?  :hurhur:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

😂

In the US, people don't.  It was actually this board that informed me a few moths ago that the main traffic to CNN/CNNi and their respective websites was the rest of the world.  Good thing for the Harris campaign, the rest of the world doesn't vote for the US presidency.

Seriously? :classic_huh:

I hate to break it to you, but "the rest of the world" (with the exception of Russia and maybe Israel) thinks you yanks are insane for even considering Bone Spurs a viable candidate.

If we could all vote, Harris would completely obliterate Trump. The Dems would have large majorities in the House and Senate too....

49 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

The same people that get all of their information from twitter, complaining that the MSM are not covering this story. 

whenever I see tweets like that it makes me wonder how easy it is to relieve some people from their money. 

Why is no one talking about it :frantic:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

If we could all vote, Harris would completely obliterate Trump. The Dems would have large majorities in the House and Senate too....

I dunno... if the ccp could direct its citizens to vote, I think the shitstain would win.  They do, after all, possess about a sixth of the population of the world.  Even though his political posturing has made things difficult for the prc at times, it's clear he and his offspring can be bought.  That would make things easier for them to deal with than having to figure out who this new person is and how to get her to go their way.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/cover-the-news-writer-for-outlet-that-got-trump-leaks-rips-baffling-decision-to-not-publish/ar-AA1oREmA?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=e090e88195174b2d9924640d8481607e&ei=34

"Earlier this week, at least three news outlets — the New York Times, the Washington Post and Politico — all received leaked internal documents from former President Donald Trump's campaign. But so far, no outlet has published anything from those leaks, and one Politico journalist is calling out his employer for its decision.

In a recent essay for anti-Trump conservative news site the Bulwark, Politico senior writer Marc A. Caputo laid out his case for why the documents are newsworthy and deserving of coverage. He acknowledged that while he isn't privy to conversations among his editors about whether his outlet will eventually publish some of that leaked information, and that while he hasn't personally seen the leaks, there is still tremendous news value in the documents themselves.

Caputo noted that the leaked information appears to involve vetting documents for Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio) the Trump campaign assembled when considering whether to make the Hillbilly Elegy author the GOP's 2024 vice presidential nominee. He suggested that there is inherent news value in exploring whether Vance's controversial "childless cat ladies" comment was regarded as potentially damaging to Trump's chances of winning back the White House. He added that it was "baffling" to not report on the leaks, arguing that "what a campaign thought about its own vice presidential candidate is inherently newsworthy."

----------------------------

7 more paragraphs at link

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/cover-the-news-writer-for-outlet-that-got-trump-leaks-rips-baffling-decision-to-not-publish/ar-AA1oREmA?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=e090e88195174b2d9924640d8481607e&ei=34

"Earlier this week, at least three news outlets — the New York Times, the Washington Post and Politico — all received leaked internal documents from former President Donald Trump's campaign. But so far, no outlet has published anything from those leaks, and one Politico journalist is calling out his employer for its decision.

In a recent essay for anti-Trump conservative news site the Bulwark, Politico senior writer Marc A. Caputo laid out his case for why the documents are newsworthy and deserving of coverage. He acknowledged that while he isn't privy to conversations among his editors about whether his outlet will eventually publish some of that leaked information, and that while he hasn't personally seen the leaks, there is still tremendous news value in the documents themselves.

Caputo noted that the leaked information appears to involve vetting documents for Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio) the Trump campaign assembled when considering whether to make the Hillbilly Elegy author the GOP's 2024 vice presidential nominee. He suggested that there is inherent news value in exploring whether Vance's controversial "childless cat ladies" comment was regarded as potentially damaging to Trump's chances of winning back the White House. He added that it was "baffling" to not report on the leaks, arguing that "what a campaign thought about its own vice presidential candidate is inherently newsworthy."

----------------------------

7 more paragraphs at link

But...their emails?

• ThereItIs 2

17 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I dunno... if the ccp could direct its citizens to vote, I think the shitstain would win.  They do, after all, possess about a sixth of the population of the world.  Even though his political posturing has made things difficult for the prc at times, it's clear he and his offspring can be bought.  That would make things easier for them to deal with than having to figure out who this new person is and how to get her to go their way.

You think? I doubt that they'd have that kind of control, but even if they did, why would they want the Tariff King in charge?

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

You think? I doubt that they'd have that kind of control, but even if they did, why would they want the Tariff King in charge?

Tariffs only make their product more expensive to sell in the country that they sell them in for the consumers of those goods.  It doesn't represent a direct financial cost to the country exporting the goods, and if costs are low enough, the tariff might not even form a significant barrier to entry.

The ability to buy his influence would be the key motivator to push him into the driver's seat.  Plus erratic as he is, he's a known quantity.  But at the end of the day, he can be bought - and that makes problem-solving for the ccp so much easier.

• Cheers 2

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Tariffs only make their product more expensive to sell in the country that they sell them in for the consumers of those goods.  It doesn't represent a direct financial cost to the country exporting the goods, and if costs are low enough, the tariff might not even form a significant barrier to entry.

The ability to buy his influence would be the key motivator to push him into the driver's seat.  Plus erratic as he is, he's a known quantity.  But at the end of the day, he can be bought - and that makes problem-solving for the ccp so much easier.

It does if it makes them too expensive to import.

We can agree to disagree on whether the CCP wants Trump back in office.

10 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

It does if it makes them too expensive to import.

We can agree to disagree on whether the CCP wants Trump back in office.

It doesn't matter if everything is tarrifed at 10% like Trump wants.

Here is the difference though, Trump can be bought off and rather easily with some real estate deals or favors that simply would not he possible under Harris. That is a major coup for any authoritarian when it comes to dealing with the US. 

Edited by 24K

1 minute ago, 24K said:

It doesn't matter if everything is tarrifed at 10% like Trump wants.

Here is the difference though, Trump can be bought off and rather easily with some real estate deals or favors that simply would not he possible under Harris. That is a major coup for any authoritarian when it comes to dealing with the US. 

Maybe. I just don't believe it would make a big enough difference for them to try and wrangle close to a billion voters into Trump's camp....

This should be hammered home.  TRUMP/Vance do not care about workers.  There are receipts.  

https://newrepublic.com/post/184824/report-jd-vance-startup-horrific-nightmare-work-conditions?utm_campaign=SF_TNR&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter

Damning Report Links J.D. Vance to Horrific Work Conditions

A prominent J.D. Vance startup was a total “nightmare” for workers, a new report says.

• Upvote 3

Meanwhile, the Trump campaign has decided that the thing that will push them over the top, is re-hiring the guy they fired for sexual harassment last time around....:classic_rolleyes:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/what-could-possibly-go-wrong-critics-pile-on-desperate-trump-rehiring-lewandowski/ar-AA1oS46P?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d60f5f6bb2b8499d8d4951d603343e22&ei=14

Noem sayin'?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Meanwhile, the Trump campaign has decided that the thing that will push them over the top, is re-hiring the guy they fired for sexual harassment last time around....:classic_rolleyes:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/what-could-possibly-go-wrong-critics-pile-on-desperate-trump-rehiring-lewandowski/ar-AA1oS46P?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d60f5f6bb2b8499d8d4951d603343e22&ei=14

Noem sayin'?

Birds of a feather flock together.  Or something

32 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Oct 1st agreed to.  Possible that they debate on Sept. 18th.  

https://www.newsweek.com/vp-debate-vance-walz-cbs-1939802

Vance and Walz Agree to VP Debate

I'm sure everyone is going to talk about how walz will destroy him, but Vance went to Yale Law, he's not going to be a pushover 

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm sure everyone is going to talk about how walz will destroy him, but Vance went to Yale Law, he's not going to be a pushover 

Bush Jr somehow got an MBA from Harvard.  Vance has shown no sign that he's capable of acting like a reasonable facsimile of a human being and he'll get exposed easily enough.

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree.  I have no respect for the guy but from what I've seen he has a well-rehearsed slippery and lawyerly answer for everything.

I also read that one of the first things Walz said to the Harris team that vetted him was that he is not a great debater.

7 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I agree.  I have no respect for the guy but from what I've seen he has a well-rehearsed slippery and lawyerly answer for everything.

I also read that one of the first things Walz said to the Harris team that vetted him was that he is not a great debater.

Thats an interesting thing to say/publicize where did you read that?