US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

I get where you’re coming from, and I respect that everyone has to choose the side that aligns most closely with their values. But I think it’s important to address some of the assumptions you’re making about conservatives.

First, it’s a misconception to label all conservatives as racist or religious nationalists. The conservative movement is diverse, encompassing a wide range of people with different beliefs and backgrounds. The core of conservatism is about limited government, personal responsibility, economic freedom, and respect for the Constitution. It’s not about exclusion or discrimination but about ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to succeed, regardless of race or religion.

Regarding the issue of abortion, many conservatives believe in the sanctity of life, which is why they support restrictions on abortion. This belief is deeply rooted in the value of protecting the most vulnerable among us. That said, there is ongoing debate within the conservative movement about the best ways to address this issue while respecting women’s rights and health.

As for the idea that being childless makes someone 'worth less,' that’s not a mainstream conservative belief. People’s worth isn’t determined by whether they have children, but by their character, actions, and contributions to society. Conservatives value strong families because they believe that family is the foundation of society, but that doesn’t mean they devalue those who don’t have children.

Finally, while the woke movement may appeal to some for its emphasis on social justice, many conservatives see it as going too far in promoting division and identity politics. They argue that focusing too much on differences can create more conflict rather than bringing people together. Conservatives believe in judging people by their character and abilities, not just by their identity.

In a two-horse race, it’s important to consider the broader impact of each movement’s policies on the country’s future. For many conservatives, the focus is on preserving the principles that have made America successful—freedom, opportunity, and individual rights—while ensuring that everyone, regardless of their background, can pursue their own version of the American Dream.

In a 2 horse race you dont have many options.

Just cause not all conservatives are are certain way....they walk with those that are....they allow church and state to blend. They allow the government to interfere with a woman's reproductive rights.

No choice but to work with the woke folk. At least they are looking to the future not the classic 2.3 family white picket 50's dream, the world is moving on. 

1 minute ago, Spiked Alia said:

Sorry, my bad. In order to respond to individual points, I'm posting all responses onto Google Docs and then responding in kind. 

I wasn't deleting the quotation marks when repasting on here. I'll try and rectify this in future postings. 

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

At least you're getting rid of the ** and the ####

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Absolutely right, I was going to say the exact same thing

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Hes not taking the time to edit what he's getting from whatever ai platform he's using.

These guys are all about disingenuous conversation and distraction now.

Is that why the quotations are in some posts?

2 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

Sorry, my bad. In order to respond to individual points, I'm posting all responses onto Google Docs and then responding in kind. 

I wasn't deleting the quotation marks when repasting on here. I'll try and rectify this in future postings. 

Is it voice to text?

39 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

1. Judicial Appointments: Under the MAGA agenda, a significant number of conservative judges were appointed to the federal judiciary, including three Supreme Court justices. These appointments are seen as vital for upholding the Constitution and ensuring that the judiciary interprets the law as written, rather than creating new laws from the bench. Project 2025 aims to continue this focus on appointing judges who are committed to constitutional principles and limited government.

Thanks for your earlier reply to me. while I don't agree with everything you have to say, you at least have some reasoned thoughts and I appreciate that.

I have to point out the above, however: This is the same Supreme Court that decided a President can be above the law by deciding that any act done while in any official capacity cannot be prosecuted. This is not what the Constitution stands for; the USA is not in the habit of crowning kings.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spiked Alia said:

I get what you’re saying about the limited options in a two-horse race, but I think it’s important to recognize that the conservative movement is more diverse than it might seem. While some conservatives may hold more traditional views, others are focused on modernizing the party and addressing contemporary issues in ways that respect individual freedoms and adapt to changing societal norms.

When it comes to the separation of church and state, many conservatives believe in maintaining this distinction while also protecting religious freedoms. The idea is not to impose religious beliefs on everyone, but to ensure that people can live out their faith without government interference.

On the issue of reproductive rights, it’s true that many conservatives support restrictions on abortion because they believe in the sanctity of life. However, this doesn’t mean they want the government to interfere in all aspects of personal life. It’s a matter of balancing the rights of the unborn with the rights of women, which is a complex and deeply personal issue.

As for the '1950s dream,' I think you’d find that many conservatives are focused on the future, too—just with a different vision. They’re advocating for policies that they believe will lead to a stronger economy, safer communities, and greater individual freedom. The world is indeed moving on, and conservatives are looking for ways to ensure that America continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world.

At the end of the day, it’s about finding a balance that works for everyone, and that’s why these debates are so important. We may not always agree, but understanding each other’s perspectives helps us move forward together.

it is.

Trump and JD are showing that they are too radical to sow that balance. They are very divisive and hateful, sling a lot of fear.

It's important to remember that not all people are against conservatism, they are against this MAGA madness. 

No, just copy-pasting from a Google Doc. A few people have accused me of using AI but I can assure you that this is not the case.

I'm extremely passionate about politics and can type quite fast.  I sincerely apologize if I have given a different impression.

You can type fast.

If you are extremely passionate thats cool. Lots of words though, maybe could be a bit more concise

Are you religious?

9 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

I completely understand where you’re coming from. The rhetoric and actions of some figures in the MAGA movement, like Trump and JD Vance, can certainly come across as divisive and fear-driven, which is off-putting to many people, including some conservatives. It’s important to remember that conservatism as a whole isn’t defined by any one person or faction, even within a movement as prominent as MAGA.

There’s a broad spectrum within the conservative movement, and many conservatives prioritize policies over personalities. They’re focused on principles like limited government, economic freedom, and individual rights—values that resonate beyond the MAGA brand. In fact, there are plenty of conservatives who are also concerned about the tone and direction of certain elements within the movement and are advocating for a more unifying approach.

It’s fair to be critical of the aspects of MAGA that seem too extreme or divisive, but it’s also worth noting that the conservative movement is much bigger than that. There’s room for debate and disagreement within conservatism, and many are working to find a balance that stays true to core values while also appealing to a broader range of Americans.

Ultimately, I think it’s important to keep the conversation going, to challenge the aspects we disagree with, and to work toward a vision of conservatism that can address the needs and concerns of a diverse society

I tried to subtly point out you say 'its important to remember' etc a lot.

We're dealing in opinions here. What is important to you may not be to others, you could cut down your word count right there...

To your post.

You are not getting it.

Just because some cons arn't as I point out...they are voting in step with MAGA, so they walk with them. They are in the same basket...its a binary choice

7 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

Thanks for the feedback—I’ll try to keep it more concise! As for your question, I’m not overly religious, but I do respect the values that come from various faiths and how they can inform a person’s worldview. For me, it’s more about principles like personal responsibility, freedom, and respect for others, which align with many religious teachings.

If any religious beliefs influnece your opinions. No religion should be anywhere near gov. 

Edited by bishopshodan

3 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

my responses are so polished they seem AI-generated

This part smells like one of my buds on here, as bob menitoned.

hi Petey

• ThereItIs 1

12 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

No.  How about you not make bridges where they do not exist. 

I never said that my opinion on immigration had to do with my limited experience of a handful of years in one city in the Southwest.  Even my opinion on that city and it's inhabitants as a whole is outdated these days.  Two or three years after I left, it ended up in an upheaval and had a larger than normal turnover in population over 2 or 3 years.

My opinion on immigration as a whole has nothing to do with my personal experiences.  It has to do with how it affects the United States as a whole, not just one place where I lived in my younger years.

I have never once said I was against immigration/migration.  I just don't want mass immigration that involves tens of millions of people and I don't want the border to be as porous as a spaghetti strainer. 

I've said this before, but I'll say it again.  If it were up to me, the US would build cities and infrastructure in Mexico near the border and let people who still choose to migrate here come in an orderly fashion.  Hell, we could hire Mexicans to build it a lot cheaper than it would be to send Americans across to do it.

As for the farm jobs and other jobs nobody else wants to do, I would like to see temporary work permits given out with the understanding that after the season is over, the migrants are to leave the country and take their accrued pay back to their family in whichever country they arrived from, or stay and live in the border cities that I would build.

Putting up easily defeated walls and fences is just stupid, ineffective, and costly.  It has never worked and yet we've been doing it for decades.

That all sounds quite reasonable and I would be in general agreement.

I guess my confusion stemmed from this comment below:

17 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Thank God national votes are kept inside the borders since they're national votes.  It's one of the reasons why I'm concerned about South Americans coming over the border en masse and being pandered to, then refusing to melt into current society.  I'd rather we didn't have millions of people trying to turn us into the same sh*thole they just escaped from.

Anyway, I think we've beaten this topic to death....moving on...

11 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Worked with dozens and live in a building where they are 33% of the place. Lovely people...a few of them cook some nasty shit that stinks up the whole building with what smells like deep fried unwashed buttholes...the former next door neighbor cooked it once a week...would close the patio door the moment it hit and turn on all fans or my place would reek of it.

So I asked a Filipino coworker what it could be. The literal translation was 'stinky fish' and she said it a very foul smelling fish from a region of the country. So I guess my few complaints were that one specific dish and the very few dinner parties I attended being forced to talk to the local priest. Everyone there throughout the night: 'Have you met the priest yet?' The Spanish beat the Catholicism into them something fierce 😄

Luckily enough, my coworkers don't cook their lunch on campus, so I don't have to worry about that part....:classic_wink:

If I'm being honest my own house is just as bad every time the wife decides to make a batch of Kimchi....🤢

Fair point about the phrasing—I’ll keep that in mind and try to be more concise. I get what you’re saying about the binary choice and how voting alongside MAGA can be seen as supporting the whole movement. It’s true that when it comes down to a vote, it can feel like there’s no middle ground.

But I think it’s also important to recognize that many conservatives vote the way they do because of specific policies they support, even if they don’t agree with everything MAGA stands for. Politics is often about choosing the best option available, even if it’s not perfect. That’s why ongoing dialogue and debate are crucial, so we can push for a political landscape that reflects a wider range of perspectives.

It’s a tough situation, and I respect where you’re coming from. My hope is that over time, the movement can evolve in a way that addresses these concerns while still holding onto the values that many conservatives care about.

My personal beliefs, including any religious ones, definitely influence how I see the world, just like anyone else’s beliefs shape their perspectives. However, I agree that in a government context, policy decisions should be made based on principles that are inclusive and applicable to everyone, regardless of their faith or lack thereof.

The separation of church and state is a cornerstone of our democracy, ensuring that no single religion dictates government policy. At the same time, values like compassion, justice, and respect for others—which many religions promote—can inform the way we approach issues without crossing the line into theocracy.

In the end, it’s about finding common ground and ensuring that policies are fair and just for all citizens, no matter their background or beliefs."

This response balances the recognition of personal influences with a strong affirmation of the need for a secular government

Cant help yourself.

I love the last line. is that the Ai summary of its response?

...and there's stilll (")

Anyway, 

We're talking about votes...I think you just confirmed that a lot of logical people have no choice but to vote dem down in the states. MAGA is tainting the con movement. 

I get that the current political climate makes it tough for many voters, especially those who are turned off by some of the more extreme elements within MAGA. It’s true that this has had a significant impact on the conservative movement as a whole.

That said, there are still many conservatives who are trying to steer the movement in a direction that focuses on the core principles of limited government, personal responsibility, and economic freedom—without the divisiveness. The challenge is finding a way to balance those values with a broader appeal.

In the end, every voter has to make the choice that aligns with their values and vision for the country. It’s a tough decision, and I respect that people are grappling with it. My hope is that the conservative movement can evolve to better reflect the needs and concerns of all Americans, while staying true to its foundational principles

Cool,

They just need to drop this MAGA stuff and get a decent leader. Should be easy.

Otherwise it seems to be a cult of personality at best.

48 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Which ai program are you using?

Not gonna lie, I didn't catch it but omfg look at eveyr single response and how it is worded as an introduction, then the prevailing bullet points.

This reads almost frame by frame like a Chat GOT generated series of responses

Look at the beginning of every single response.  The first two lines.

That is 100% an AI generated response

Edited by Warhippy
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I get what you’re saying, and I know a lot of people feel the same way about the influence of MAGA on the Republican Party. The challenge is that MAGA has tapped into some real concerns that a lot of voters have—things like economic insecurity, cultural changes, and distrust in the political establishment. That’s why it’s had such staying power, even if not everyone agrees with all of its aspects.

But I agree that for the conservative movement to thrive in the long term, it needs to focus on policies and leadership that appeal to a broader base, beyond just the MAGA crowd. There’s a lot of potential for the party to evolve and find new leadership that can unite conservatives around common goals without the divisiveness that comes with a cult of personality.

The key will be finding leaders who can carry forward the positive aspects of what MAGA energized while moving past the more polarizing elements. It’s not going to be easy, but it’s definitely possible with the right vision and approach

Happy that we agree.

MAGA has made it's point, even the deplorables want to have a say, they do now. Time to move on and get that country less hatefilled and fearful.

Just grab a new leader. Unless its a cult...?

• Cheers 1

I'm not sure whether to be incredibly flattered or incredibly insulted. 😛

But you are using Ai right?

What was that summary sentence doing in the post i asked you about?

2 hours ago, Spiked Alia said:

Let's clarify what Project 2025 is about.

2 hours ago, Spiked Alia said:

My apologies in advance folks.

This one might be real

57 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

I understand that the

1 hour ago, Spiked Alia said:

I get that the term

54 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

That's a very serious claim, and it’s important to clarify the facts.

52 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

"I understand that the

49 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

It's crucial to distinguish

45 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

I get where you’re coming from

43 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

I understand that

35 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

I get what you’re saying

29 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate the dialogue

27 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

I completely understand where you’re coming from.

26 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

Thanks for the feedback—I’ll try to keep it more concise! 

18 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

Fair point about the phrasing—I’ll keep that in mind and try to be more concise.

11 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

I get that

8 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

It’s easy to criticize

5 minutes ago, Spiked Alia said:

I get what you’re saying

These are all 100% AI generated response openers.  All of them.

Like calling a help line from the phillippines or india and getting someone who responds to your every statement from a script starting with "I understand"

I'm not even sorry, the hallmark of today's conservative rhetoric has always been disingenuous laziness and finger pointing.  If anything I am just resigned to the fact this is who you all are.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

This one might be real

These are all 100% AI generated response openers.  All of them.

Like calling a help line from the phillippines or india and getting someone who responds to your every statement from a script starting with "I understand"

I'm not even sorry, the hallmark of today's conservative rhetoric has always been disingenuous laziness and finger pointing.  If anything I am just resigned to the fact this is who you all are.

• Haha 3