US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Had?

is it back? lol do use the report feature: mods dont read every thread or post, so we only know something if someone says something. 

For now though I think it has been swatted away.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

WOw, our little hockey forum had its first AI bot from china, at least the first one i noticed. 

Dammit, I missed my chance to tell it to convey my message of "lick my sweaty balls" to 雜種 😭

(edit, for those wondering what the chinese text refers to - it's Cantonese slang for mongrel or bastard offspring, very fitting label that us Cantonese use to describe the person in the reference its linked to)

Edited by 6of1_halfdozenofother
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

WOw, our little hockey forum had its first AI bot from china, at least the first one i noticed. 

A human was feeding it though right? 

I dont know how this stuff works but it seemed to be being edited (poorly) by someone, and they had a bit of humour.

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Roasted For Saying Medal Of Honor Recipients Inferior to GOP Mega-Donor: ‘The Disrespect Is Legit Dumbfounding’

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-roasted-for-saying-medal-of-honor-recipients-inferior-to-gop-mega-donor-the-disrespect-is-legit-dumbfounding/

During his speech, Trump recalled giving Adelson the Presidential Medal of Freedom. “That’s the highest award you can get as a civilian,” Trump said adding:

It’s the equivalent of the Congressional Medal of Honor. But civilian version.

It’s actually much better because everyone gets the Congressional Medal of Honor, that’s soldiers, they’re either in very bad shape because they’ve been hit so many times by bullets, or they’re dead.

She gets it, and she’s [laughs] a healthy, beautiful woman.

Trump later said the medal he gave Adelson for being one of his biggest campaign donors in 2016 was “rated equal” to the Congressional Medal of Honor, which is the highest military award for valor in the U.S. and reserved for those soldiers “who distinguish themselves through conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of life above and beyond the call of duty.”

The only conclusion I can make is that Trump despises soldiers and veterans. There was no point in making this comparison other than to take a shot against people who fight, get hurt, and die for their country. 

Embarassing for a "leader" to bash his own country's soldiers.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

59 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

If this doesn't reinforce the fact that Chinese Russian and Middle Eastern bot farms are trying to sway the election in the US and Canada towards the Conservatives I dunno what does

• Vintage 1

Trump Roasted For Saying Medal Of Honor Recipients Inferior to GOP Mega-Donor: ‘The Disrespect Is Legit Dumbfounding’

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-roasted-for-saying-medal-of-honor-recipients-inferior-to-gop-mega-donor-the-disrespect-is-legit-dumbfounding/

During his speech, Trump recalled giving Adelson the Presidential Medal of Freedom. “That’s the highest award you can get as a civilian,” Trump said adding:

It’s actually much better because everyone gets the Congressional Medal of Honor, that’s soldiers, they’re either in very bad shape because they’ve been hit so many times by bullets, or they’re dead.

Trump later said the medal he gave Adelson for being one of his biggest campaign donors in 2016 was “rated equal” to the Congressional Medal of Honor, which is the highest military award for valor in the U.S. and reserved for those soldiers “who distinguish themselves through conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of life above and beyond the call of duty.”

Pretty soon they'll have a catalog. Join Trumps inner circle and we'll send you this genuine medal of freedom, free of charge, just pay shipping and handling. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

The only conclusion I can make is that Trump despises soldiers and veterans. There was no point in making this comparison other than to take a shot against people who fight, get hurt, and die for their country. 

Embarassing for a "leader" to bash his own country's soldiers.

Doesn't surprise me that real men (and women) make him angry.

It's one thing that this rich grifting dork cant be, a real man.

So in essence.  The Congressional medal of honor, normally reserved for serving politicians who go WAY above and beyond, service members who have distinguished themselves in combat by saving lives and for valour 

Is now just a bought and paid for trinket.

I personally would reject a nomination for it as it holds literally no value at all anymore.The moment an award for distinguished service to ones country can be bought and paid for it's fucking worthless 

• Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If this doesn't reinforce the fact that Chinese Russian and Middle Eastern bot farms are trying to sway the election in the US and Canada towards the Conservatives I dunno what does

I know this is more Canadian politics, but I can't help but mention this:

Imagine if this happened at the national inquiry on foreign interference - "Exhibit 1405: Chinese AI bots posting on a public forum called... *ahem*... 'Canucks Fan Forum dot com'... uhhh.  Yeah.  It, uh... well, the site is a... uhh... fan forum for a National Hockey League team in Vancouver.  Unsanctioned by the league, privately managed."

:hurhur:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

So in essence.  The Congressional medal of honor, normally reserved for serving politicians who go WAY above and beyond, service members who have distinguished themselves in combat by saving lives and for valour 

I personally would reject a nomination for it as it holds literally no value at all anymore.The moment an award for distinguished service to ones country can be bought and paid for it's fucking worthless 

I'm with you hip but only heroic service members get the Medal of Honor while grifting MAGA mega supporters can get the Medal of Freedom depending upon whom is President.   Some former Presidents seem to think the latter medal is more prestigious because it does not involve death or injury.

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Trump has forever tarnished the Medal of Freedom, by awarding it to a POS like Rush Limbaugh. The fact that donors can now "buy" one just adds another layer to the tarnish....

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

They literally liked spices so much they went around the world colonizing people at the end of a rifle. Looting, murdering and subjugating as they went. Not exactly the flex this guy thinks it is.

Ben Shapiro is one of those guys I just could not be around.

He's like a squirrel on cocaine.

Needs the hose turned on him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I know this is more Canadian politics, but I can't help but mention this:

Imagine if this happened at the national inquiry on foreign interference - "Exhibit 1405: Chinese AI bots posting on a public forum called... *ahem*... 'Canucks Fan Forum dot com'... uhhh.  Yeah.  It, uh... well, the site is a... uhh... fan forum for a National Hockey League team in Vancouver.  Unsanctioned by the league, privately managed."

:hurhur:

If arguments on here cannot be refuted then the name calling starts. 

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Ever seen a video where a dog or animal out of nowhere goes still, then just attacks a person.

I feel like that would be me if I was stuck next to Ben Shapiro or Charlie Kirk.  They'd be droning on; and then out of nowhere something in me would snap and i'd come to with security pulling me off of them

• ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I was surprised he didn't mention 4/5 of the Spice Girls are white as part of his defence.

• Haha 2

Just now, the destroyer of worlds said:

The uproar is funny when for a lot of people this is the extent their experience with tacos.  And for some, the seasoning contained in the pack is too spicy that they have a mild version.  Nope, just Walz being "reverse racist" or something.

r/PoliticalHumor - Who wants tacos!

As a Caucasian who likes spice, I have a lot of experience asking restaurants to make my food actually spicy and not "white people spicy".  Never been a problem.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1