US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

This popped up on my You tube feed.

Happened a few weeks ago, i didnt hear anything about it.

Posting because a few days ago we were talking about racism in the USA.... this is Nashville.

The twist? A Canadian 'Nazi' was arrested.

Edited by bishopshodan

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

This popped up on my You tube feed.

Happened a few weeks ago, i didnt hear anything about it.

Posting because a few days ago we were talking about racism in the USA.... this is Nashville.

The twist? A Canadian 'Nazi' was arrested.

CSIS has been trying to warn us about these people up here.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

CSIS has been trying to warn us about these people up here.

They are emboldened these days.

Its what I was mentioning to Sabrefan, there might be problems with the border but this stuff is festering to a new level and gaining support. 

It's why I posted that Elon retweet of propaganda about detainment camps for right-wingers in England. It wasn't true obviously but Elon and his sick friends want to drive the divide and give voice to these types. Constantly going on about civil war and how migrants are coming for your homes...

This is a very important election for that country.  

Trump will send them into real turmoil. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

"Must be tough complaining about rising prices while fishing on a private yacht" 🤣

Don't worry about Alina though.  Even if she gets disbarred, she can always make income from an 'onlyfans' page.😜

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Nothing is really changing with these two. Harris and Trump throw out their voodoo economic theories in hopes that voters can be bought. It usually works. Both Harris and Trump will continue to spend money they don't have. Funding for their Medicare and OAS are in the toilet. The debt is crushing the USA. 

It's funny you say that.  I just watched a CNN clip that said nearly the same exact thing.  They were hammering into Kamala for making promises for giveaways that she has not revealed how she would pay for.  They put Trump in there as well but were hammering into her. 

Debt is what will destroy this country.  Sooner or later we're going to default on it.  That should put the world's economy into the toilet for a time.

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Ruh-Roh...  Now even the very liberal Washington Post editorials are slamming Kamala on her economic proposals/promises.

https://thehill.com/homenews/4832358-washington-post-kamala-harris-economic-plan/

These anti-Kamala media you keep pointing out, not saying they're wrong, but they really seem to be going with 2 sets of standards.

Kamala at worst seems to be politicking "populist gimmicks".

Has Trump trained the liberal media? are they so numb to his maddess and lies that they give him a pass?

Just step back and take a look. It's not even close.

Kamala provides some hope and unity. Trump, the exact opposite. 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

"Must be tough complaining about rising prices while fishing on a private yacht" 🤣

Don't worry about Alina though.  Even if she gets disbarred, she can always make income from an 'onlyfans' page.😜

It's adorable that the Trump side is desperately trying to find a catchy phrase or nickname to fit with Kamala's name. Laughing Kamala? Nah workshop that. Crooked Kamala? Nah..done before. It's like they feel if they find it the election is theirs.

Personally? I go Kamala Llama for flow. Perfection.

Edited by DSVII

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

These anti-Kamala media you keep pointing out, not saying they're wrong, but they really seem to be going with 2 sets of standards.

Kamala at worst seems to be politicking "populist gimmicks".

Has Trump trained the liberal media? are they so numb to his maddess and lies that they give him a pass?

Just step back and take a look. It's not even close.

Kamala provides some hope and unity. Trump, the exact opposite. 

They try to hit Trump, but it doesn't land on him like it lands on Kamala.  I can only guess as to why.

I'm just pointing out that the media is annoyed with her campaign's handling of them and is starting to hit her pretty hard.

If you take away media's access and deny them press conferences they seem to be getting ornery.

Right now it's mostly CNN, but on this economics thing, others are jumping on board.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

She's both his lawyer and an advisor? 

16 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They try to hit Trump, but it doesn't land on him like it lands on Kamala.  I can only guess as to why.

I'm just pointing out that the media is annoyed with her campaign's handling of them and is starting to hit her pretty hard.

If you take away media's access and deny them press conferences they seem to be getting ornery.

Right now it's mostly CNN, but on this economics thing, others are jumping on board.

The profit incentive of a trump win definitely plays a part. More clicks more ad revenue.

The double standard of the treatment of the Hillary email leaks and the Trump Iran hack really dispels the liberal media myth. CNN has been trying to brand themselves for the Fox audience for years now.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DSVII said:

The profit incentive of a trump win definitely plays a part. More clicks more ad revenue.

The double standard of the treatment of the Hillary email leaks and the Trump Iran hack really dispels the liberal media myth. CNN has been trying to brand themselves for the Fox audience for years now.

Ever since corporations took over networks there's a liberal leaning bias for sure, but I think the journalists on CNN are not happy with Kamala and by the looks of it, Jim Acosta was just the first there to voice it.  I openly wondered the other day if it was going to be just him.

There are websites and apps that show how left or right leaning a news outfit is.  On the internet, it's split fairly evenly numbers wise.  But on the largest sites, the liberal leaning bias is towards the left.  Not much of a surprise though since the large tech companies own them and they lean hard progressive.  Except for X/Twitter of course.  I'd argue that because of the nature of X, conservatives have less of a leg to stand on when they talk about going after the tech companies for playing favourites.

As far as legacy media, they tend to lean to the left.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It's funny you say that.  I just watched a CNN clip that said nearly the same exact thing.  They were hammering into Kamala for making promises for giveaways that she has not revealed how she would pay for.  They put Trump in there as well but were hammering into her. 

Debt is what will destroy this country.  Sooner or later we're going to default on it.  That should put the world's economy into the toilet for a time.

Fffttt.....she'll get Mexico to pay for it....:classic_dry:

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I wonder why there is push back against Kamala's economic ideas.

Could it be the rich assholes are reading the tea leaves and can sense that progressive economic ideas means that the rich are going to see tax increases????????

Those same rich assholes know that they gonna get some more cheddar when TRUMP cuts their taxes.

I WONDER.

EDIT:  Who owns the Washington Post?  A rich asshole

Fair assessment.  I don't think that's the reason for CNN, but since the Washington Post is owned by one of the wealthiest people in the world, it's possible.  I need to see more of their upcoming reporting before I join in on that opinion though.

Like I said yesterday, if Kamala wins, they'll all fall into line anyways to kiss the ring and brown booty so they can get their precious access to the White House.

12 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Could it be the rich assholes are reading the tea leaves and can sense that progressive economic ideas means that the rich are going to see tax increases????????

Those same rich assholes know that they gonna get some more cheddar when TRUMP cuts their taxes.

I WONDER.

Quelle surprise.

More than $3.4 trillion in individual income and estate tax cuts – heralded by Republicans for spurring economic growth and largely decried by Democrats for disproportionately benefitting the rich – are set to expire at the end of 2025. Add in some corporate tax changes and interest, and the impact on the deficit swells to $4.6 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I'm guessing (haven't looked) that Herr VonnSh*tzHisPants dishonoring Congressional Medal Of Honor individuals was buried on page xx of various newspapers with Kambala's Voodoo economics making the front page headlines.

I only follow the digital versions but both stories have been page top everywhere I go.  I also keep an eye on Fox.  They are the ones burying the Trump story and gloating over the hated CNN's take on Kamala's plan.

• Cheers 1

Just now, 4petesake said:

Quelle surprise.

More than $3.4 trillion in individual income and estate tax cuts – heralded by Republicans for spurring economic growth and largely decried by Democrats for disproportionately benefitting the rich – are set to expire at the end of 2025. Add in some corporate tax changes and interest, and the impact on the deficit swells to $4.6 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

If I remember correctly, the cuts that benefited regular people are set to expire soon/already have expired.  Yet the rich political donor tax cut gravy train just keeps moving along for the foreseeable future.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I WONDER.

Don't take this as a endorsement of anything Trump has proposed but I think CNN and the WP have made a few valid points against Kamala's approach to combat price gouging.  They have supported other parts of her plan but not that.

I'm not convinced there is anything more to it than the fact those papers just don't think it's a viable plan, or at least a plan with a danger of failure.   If that's what they think it's their job to say so.

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

If I remember correctly, the cuts that benefited regular people are set to expire soon/already have expired.  Yet the rich political donor tax cut gravy train just keeps moving along for the foreseeable future.

I think most of the provisions of Trump’s 2017 Tax Cuts and Job Provisions Act expire in 2025. Biden had already laid out most of his plan so I imagine Harris’ would be fairly similar. On the mark with your political tax cut gravy train remark as it doesn’t seem to be talked about by either party.

Biden’s proposed alternatives include several programs to lower taxes for those making under $400,000 a year while also raising taxes on corporations and wealthier Americans. Efforts to target corporations include raising the corporate tax rate to 28%, increasing enforcement of tax avoidance by multinationals, and quadrupling the stock buyback tax.

His plan would also affect the highest-earning Americans, including a 25% minimum income tax on billionaires. All together, Biden’s policies would raise about $5 trillion in revenue by 2034.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/what-will-happen-to-the-trump-tax-cuts-in-2025-and-how-will-they-affect-the-national-debt/

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I think most of the provisions of Trump’s 2017 Tax Cuts and Job Provisions Act expire in 2025. Biden had already laid out most of his plan so I imagine Harris’ would be fairly similar. On the mark with your political tax cut gravy train remark as it doesn’t seem to be talked about by either party.

Biden’s proposed alternatives include several programs to lower taxes for those making under $400,000 a year while also raising taxes on corporations and wealthier Americans. Efforts to target corporations include raising the corporate tax rate to 28%, increasing enforcement of tax avoidance by multinationals, and quadrupling the stock buyback tax.

His plan would also affect the highest-earning Americans, including a 25% minimum income tax on billionaires. All together, Biden’s policies would raise about $5 trillion in revenue by 2034.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/what-will-happen-to-the-trump-tax-cuts-in-2025-and-how-will-they-affect-the-national-debt/

Thanks for the link.

• Cheers 1