US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

but didn't this wiener start the whole thing 🤣

I'm not sure what the democrats have to gain in all this, probably nothing. Unless a handful of moderate republicans are so sick of all this crap they side with the democrats on some key votes. But then thats political suicide in the US. 

The Dems look like the sober option. Like I said in the past, Dems say stupid things. Republicans DO stupid things. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I guess lets revisit this if some poor bugger gets shot because Trump makes a tweet. And its not emotional to point out the guy is a threat to some peoples physical safety, that seems to be a real thing.

The only people in recent political memory that got shot because of rhetoric was a baseball diamond full of Republican congressman playing softball.  Several years or so ago, a hyper-partisan Democrat walk up to them and started plugging away at them with a rifle.

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The only people in recent political memory that got shot because of rhetoric was a baseball diamond full of Republican congressman playing softball.  Several years or so ago, a hyper-partisan Democrat walk up to them and started plugging away at them with a rifle.

OK, and what does that have to do with Trump?

• Cheers 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/05/us/politics/jan-6-capitol-deaths.html

These are all directly caused by Trump's domestic terrorism.

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

but didn't this wiener start the whole thing 🤣

I'm not sure what the democrats have to gain in all this, probably nothing. Unless a handful of moderate republicans are so sick of all this crap they side with the democrats on some key votes. But then thats political suicide in the US.

He's having a temper tantrum.

Democrats will rightfully use this as a speaking point against Republicans when making their point to swing voters.  The line with a fair amount of truth will be,  "If they can't decide on a speaker, how can they decide on what's best for the country."

• Vintage 1

He's having a temper tantrum.

Democrats will rightfully use this as a speaking point against Republicans when making their point to swing voters.  The line with a fair amount of truth will be,  "If they can't decide on a speaker, how can they decide on what's best for the country."

it is pretty funny.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I think that TRUMP wouldn't refuse his Secret Service detail like Nixon did, so the detail would go with him.  They wouldn't be in the cell, but would likely be outside his cell and at the entrance to to block.  I've seen reports that he currently has 10 - 12 agents on duty at any one time.   TRUMP obviously wouldn't serve in Gen Pop, something the prison system already deals with somewhat with certain inmates.  

It's going to be a problem regardless whether he gets prison time, or gets house arrest.  I think for him, the conviction will be the bigger story.  At this point, prison time will just be the cherry on top.

I've always said he'd look fabulous in orange. He wouldn't have to dye his hair either.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Funny but with a side of scary truth.  I'm as amused as most with this, but it definitely highlights how broken the politics and the people running this country are.

"This Country" is NOT great at all. Trump proved all that in the last 8 years.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

You're forgetting Nancy Pelosi's husband getting whacked on the head with a hammer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Johngould21 said:

"This Country" is NOT great at all. Trump proved all that in the last 8 years.

Certain aspects of the country are not great.  However if this country sucked so much, we wouldn't have the rush of people illegally entering it that we do.

I have my issues with the US, but I'm not sure which country I would live in other than it if I had my choice.

25 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Giffords?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tucson_shooting

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

No, fining him large amounts of money is more effective than sticking him in a kennel with a protective detail that wouldn't even allow the front of the cage to be shut or locked.

In the meantime he'll grift how much money to do so? You yourself has said he's ca$h poor. That's the real harm that's going on. 

• Cheers 1

Certain aspects of the country are not great.  However if this country sucked so much, we wouldn't have the rush of people illegally entering it that we do.

I have my issues with the US, but I'm not sure which country I would live in other than it if I had my choice.

How about looking at the foreign aid that tRump and his band of gypsies cut to those Central American countries. That's the only reason they're coming to 'merica.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

In the meantime he'll grift how much money to do so? You yourself has said he's ca$h poor. That's the real harm that's going on. 

He'll keep grifting millions of dollars, but unless he's stiffing these lawyers (which would be in character) they are costing him thew lion's share of the money he is taking in.

5 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

However if this country sucked so much, we wouldn't have the rush of people illegally entering it that we do.

A country can have opportunities that others want to take up and can still suck so hard that paint can be stripped from a vehicle. :classic_ninja:

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

He'll keep grifting millions of dollars, but unless he's stiffing these lawyers (which would be in character) they are costing him thew lion's share of the money he is taking in.

All while he's saying these funds are for his election campaign. What a scammer.

• Cheers 1