US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

What holes?  There was zero inflation in 2020.  The government than printed $3.3 trillion dollars.  Inflation then started right after.  Where is the hole?

That you have proven to us all that the government is 100% responsible for both current inflation levels and the 08 financial crisis and that you have given us valid reasons to believe why they are. 

47 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There was zero inflation in 2020. That’s when the pandemic hit right?  When did inflation occur?  2021. When did the US government start printing money?  2020. Coincidence?  

The US inflation rate in 2020 was 1.23%. The US government printed over $3.3 trillion in 2020 alone and put it into the US economy. That accounted for 20% of all US dollars in circulation.  In 2021 the inflation rate rose to 3.2%. In 2022 it hit 8.3%. 

Supply versus demand. All that money in circulation allowed consumers to buy up all the goods and services which created a shortage in supply. Which caused prices to go up. 

Same thing happened with house prices in the US between 2005-2008. Cheap borrowing money from government policies that controlled Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae allowed pretty much anyone to buy a home. Remember the NINJA mortgages?  No income, no job, no assets, no problem?  The government literally created a housing crisis by allowing cheap money into the system. 

you can lead a horse to water... 

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

That you have proven to us all that the government is 100% responsible for both current inflation levels and the 08 financial crisis and that you have given us valid reasons to believe why they are. 

Why don't you counter the claim that printing $3.3 trillion caused inflation?

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Nice metaphor, zero substance to counter my claims...

I don't need to counter your misunderstanding. It's all in the bank of Canada link I posted for you, but you refuse to read it and/or accept it. 

• Cheers 1

JD, the man with fresh new ideas…

“Giving Kamala Harris control over inflation policy, Shannon, it’s like giving Jeffrey Epstein control over human trafficking policy,” Vance said. “The American people are much smarter than that. They don’t buy the idea that Kamala Harris represents a fresh start.”

Probably doesn’t remember that the man his boss appointed Labor Secretary, Alexander Acosta, was the US attorney in Florida that gave Epstein the sweetheart deal in 2007 and declined to prosecute and set aside a 60 count indictment that allowed him to avoid all federal charges, all without notifying the girls and young women who allege they were sexually abused by the multi-millionaire; allowing the sexual assaults to continue for another decade. Acosta had to resign less than a week after prosecutors in New York unsealed new indictments in 2019.

The old guy isn’t going to like the comparison, specially when he’s flying around in Epstein’s former ride. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why don't you counter the claim that printing $3.3 trillion caused inflation?

Do I see a common trend here?

- Make a statement

- Double down

- Triple down

- Ask a tenuously related question.  Repeat as necessary.

What I am doing is asking you for proof of the claims you have made.  I have seen none so far.

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Do I see a common trend here?

- Make a statement

- Double down

- Triple down

- Ask a tenuously related question.  Repeat as necessary.

What I am doing is asking you for proof of the claims you have made.  I have seen none so far.

I gave you proof.  You refuse to believe it.  Zero inflation in 2020.  The government prints $3.3 trillion.  Inflation spikes to 8.3% a year later.  What other proof do you need?  Why don't you counter my claim and prove that the printing of $3.3 trillion didn't cause inflation?

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I gave you proof.  You refuse to believe it.  Zero inflation in 2020.  The government prints $3.3 trillion.  Inflation spikes to 8.3% a year later.  What other proof do you need?  Why don't you counter my claim and prove that the printing of $3.3 trillion didn't cause inflation?

Proof that one is the only cause of the other.   I'm not denying both events occurred. 

I have made no claims and have nothing to prove.

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

100 years of the government causing inflation, and all you got is a Bank of Canada link?

You actually expect people to believe that you have more expertise than the bank of Canada?

Damn Petey, you missed your calling.

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Did all of the money that the government printed end up in the hands of the poors?   

OR

Did a good chunk of it end up in investment accounts of rich bastards who don't need it.  PPP "loans" and such????

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Fox’s Brit Hume Lays Out BRUTAL Reason Trump Is Struggling Against Harris: Most Americans Don’t Like Him

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-brit-hume-lays-out-brutal-reason-trump-is-struggling-against-harris-most-americans-dont-like-him/

Its scary to think that if he was just a teeny bit smarter, and knew that all he had to do was ACT nicer.  Pretend to care about all Americans, not just his radicalized base. Stop the juvenile name calling, and lies (at least the more obvious ones like AI crowds). Just pretend he isn't a racist, sexist POS.  Like publicly condemn white supremacists instead of meeting with them. Or say his sexual abuse behaviour is in the past and he's grown since then.  Be civil in his criticism of Harris/Walz. 

...then he'd probably run away with the election just based on his TV star cred and built up portrait of himself as a great businessman, earned or not. 

Then he could initiate Project 2025 before half the country even knew what hit them

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Its scary to think that if he was just a teeny bit smarter, and knew that all he had to do was ACT nicer.  Pretend to care about all Americans, not just his radicalized base. Stop the juvenile name calling, and lies (at least the more obvious ones like AI crowds). Just pretend he isn't a racist, sexist POS.  Like publicly condemn white supremacists instead of meeting with them. Or say his sexual abuse behaviour is in the past and he's grown since then.  Be civil in his criticism of Harris/Walz. 

...then he'd probably run away with the election just based on his TV star cred and built up portrait of himself as a great businessman, earned or not. 

Then he could initiate Project 2025 before half the country even knew what hit them

So pretty much a carbon copy of Regan. 

45 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Essentially people cannot conceive how the economy is doing fine after covid and all the lock downs and high inflation without actually going into a recession. 

The threading of the needle by the Feds of a soft landing broke people's brains. 

I get it, doesn't help when you see layoff headlines all the time with big tech these days trying to market correct from their indiscriminate hiring spree during low interest rate.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, 4petesake said:

JD, the man with fresh new ideas…

“Giving Kamala Harris control over inflation policy, Shannon, it’s like giving Jeffrey Epstein control over human trafficking policy,” Vance said. “The American people are much smarter than that. They don’t buy the idea that Kamala Harris represents a fresh start.”

Probably doesn’t remember that the man his boss appointed Labor Secretary, Alexander Acosta, was the US attorney in Florida that gave Epstein the sweetheart deal in 2007 and declined to prosecute and set aside a 60 count indictment that allowed him to avoid all federal charges, all without notifying the girls and young women who allege they were sexually abused by the multi-millionaire; allowing the sexual assaults to continue for another decade. Acosta had to resign less than a week after prosecutors in New York unsealed new indictments in 2019.

The old guy isn’t going to like the comparison, specially when he’s flying around in Epstein’s former ride. 

Please tell me he’s just high and not really that stupid to make that comparison. 

• ThereItIs 1

46 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Inflation is bad and Biden caused inflation by printing money in 2020!

Biden wasn't the president until Jan 6th 2021?

Biden is the reason inflation is bad still because he printed all that money!

Except of course, facts

Screenshot 2024-08-18 at 3.26.04 PM.png

46 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Who printed more money and when did they print it?

Trump or BIden.

Uh oh. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Uh oh. 

I just get a chuckle because people think Biden printed all this $.  And he did print a bunch, but the bulk of all that inflation via monetary printing is literally because of trump.

But ya, sure let's blame Biden instead 😉 

• ThereItIs 1

50 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Inflation is bad and Biden caused inflation by printing money in 2020!

Biden wasn't the president until Jan 6th 2021?

Biden is the reason inflation is bad still because he printed all that money!

Except of course, facts

Screenshot 2024-08-18 at 3.26.04 PM.png

Trump also stripped the independent PPP loan oversight for $2 Trillion so he could divert them to his friends, who later had the loans forgiven.

Seriously, aside from the MAGA and dictatorship stuff, he's a parasitic drain on the country. Let's not forget that he also hoarded PPE equipment for his own stockpile under the management of Kusher.

He is the swamp.

Edited by DSVII
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1