US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

13 hours ago, Satchmo said:

What's up with your feeds?   Everyone else would say pro-Palestinian protesters but these guys say pro-Hamas?

I'm not supporting the protestors or their dumb marching song, just questioning the spin.

I mean they are literally chanting about "bringing the war home"... I'd say that's pretty pro Hamas...

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Putting aside for the moment all the gloating about the protesters at the DNC from the local "centrists", once again, Gym Jordan and James Comer have decided to resurrect their "greatest hit"....the Joe Biden impeachment probe.

Of course, anyone with a brain knows the entire process was a GQP scam, designed to provide cover for Donald Trump's myriad criminal charges.....but this time, even Repugs aren't buying it....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/what-a-joke-even-maga-influencers-aren-t-buying-gop-s-biden-impeachment-report/ar-AA1p3ENc?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=92f2d1f07e4a4f48a3830830f315cde3&ei=17

House Republicans released a long-awaited report hours before the Democratic National Convention is set to begin accusing president Joe Biden of impeachable conduct, but conservatives were disappointed.

The House Oversight, Judiciary and Ways and Means committees issued a nearly 300-age report summarizing the findings of their year-and-a-half long investigation alleging that Biden enriched himself through his family’s business dealings and concealed his mishandling of classified information while in office but deferred to the full House on whether to formally pursue impeachment.

“The totality of the corrupt conduct uncovered by the Committees is egregious," the report states. "President Joe Biden conspired to commit influence peddling and grift. In doing so, he abused his office and, by repeatedly lying about his abuse of office, has defrauded the United States to enrich his family."

However, the findings landed with a thud, as many questioned whether the evidence actually supported the GOP's conclusions and others questioned the timing of the report, which came out the day that Biden will symbolically pass the torch to Kamala Harris in his convention address.

"Republicans releasing a report on impeachable offenses by Biden a month after Democrats kicked him to the curb, and WHILE THEY ARE STILL ON VACATION, is the most Republican thing that ever Republicaned," said conservative commentator Steve Deace.

"And? They are on vacation till September 9th," agreed right-wing influencer Laura Loomer. "When they return, there will only be 13 working days left till the 2024 election. @GOPoversight @RepJamesComer won’t be doing anything to impeach Joe Biden. This is all for show. Congressional Republicans are professional gaslighters."

"LOL - 3 years too late. What a joke," grumbled fellow right-wing influencer Catturd.

"Wow, what an amazing coincidence that this obvious BS GOP report accusing Joe Biden of 'impeachable conduct' drops in an exclusive to Fox News on the first day of the DNC," said Matthew Gertz, senior fellow at the left-leaning Media Matters for American. "It happened to be completed just in time!"

Even Fox News didn't seem especially enthusiastic about the report's findings, Gertz added.

"The 'breaking news' ran in the back half of Fox & Friends' 6 a.m. hour and basically vanished the rest of the show," Gertz said. "Even Fox hosts can't pretend to care about this nonsense anymore."

"No Biden hasn’t committed impeachable offenses," said CNN legal analyst Norm Eisen, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institute. "Quite the opposite: the GOP found zilch. This whole inquiry was nothing more than a Trump vendetta."

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), who led the House Judiciary Committee's investigation, drew heated criticism from Donald Trump fans who want Biden thrown in prison.

"We’re so tired of hearing impeachment impeachment," said Trump supporter and self-described "cruise fanatic" Darlene Hale. "We want their asses arrested and thrown in prison do your damn job."

"Jesus Jim, a day late and a dollar short," said self-identified "America First patriot" Drew Middleton. "We’ve been telling you this since 2016. It very apparent you take your time to protect yourself. This is no longer acceptable. These people committed Treason at the highest level. GITMO or bust."

Rep. James Comer (R-KY), who led the House Oversight Committee investigation, also caught flak from conservatives.

"We needed this a year ago Mr. Comer," said Jason Goodman, founder of Crowdsource the Truth. "I appreciate you, but this is a fail. If you want to change anything of substance, make congress a mandatory 9 to 5 with two weeks off. Failure to meet performance criteria triggers a new election in the failed district. Action not words."

"A little late since you’ve had this evidence for years," sniffed "MAGA patriot" Deborah Anderson. "Thanks for nothing."

"You will have NO PARTY left when Trump is gone," snarled X user VK. "Just look at the polling for Senate seats you complicit corrupt frauds. Trump is the ONLY reason we barely put up with you."

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I mean they are literally chanting about "bringing the war home"... I'd say that's pretty pro Hamas...

Whatever.  I do not condone their actions or their words. My comment was more on the feed and the terms used.   There's so much hyperbole out there that is dangerous to impressionable young minds.  That's why we have marchers.   Hyperbole can also be impressionable middle aged minds.   That's why we are have...  oh never mind.

And Bone Spurs is getting desperate. He's posting AI generated images of Taylor Swift fans wearing "Swifties for Trump" shirts on Bullshit Social.....

I'm sure some of the local social media enthusiasts (who aren't Trump enthusiasts :classic_rolleyes:) will be along shortly to post some of them....

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Whatever.  I do not condone their actions or their words. My comment was more on the feed and the terms used.   There's so much hyperbole out there that is dangerous to impressionable young minds.  That's why we have marchers.   Hyperbole can also be impressionable middle aged minds.   That's why we are have...  oh never mind.

Just click on the post itself to see what other content they feature. That will tell you all you need to know about the source....

Looked to be quite pro-Israel to me....

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I can't speak to the feed it self, but I have no issue with the wording in that specific post. People chanting that garbage deserve to be called out for what they are 🤷

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

And Bone Spurs is getting desperate. He's posting AI generated images of Taylor Swift fans wearing "Swifties for Trump" shirts on Bullshit Social.....

I'm sure some of the local social media enthusiasts (who aren't Trump enthusiasts :classic_rolleyes:) will be along shortly to post some of them....

I hope Swift absolutely ignores him.

He just wants to be in the same sentence as her. Even if she condemns him, he will know he has her attention. That she see's him.

He wants the 'us vs them' as he gets more desperate.

Shake it off, Taylor. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Just click on the post itself to see what other content they feature. That will tell you all you need to know about the source....

Looked to be quite pro-Israel to me....

I did have a look yesterday and saw the same. (He seems to love that Trump fella too.)

We have seen this argument before.   To some, if you question Israel military actions you are antisemetic.   To others, if you support civilians in Gaza you are pro-Hamas.  None of that helps.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Have another listen.  Many people marching.  A few chanting.

In any large group of people statistics show that some of them are going to be fools and are likely to chant just about anything if some other fool with a megaphone leads them on. 

It's the leading on aspect of the whole thing that I have been discussing in these recent posts.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I hope Swift absolutely ignores him.

He just wants to be in the same sentence as her. Even if she condemns him, he will know he has her attention. That she see's him.

He wants the 'us vs them' as he gets more desperate.

Shake it off, Taylor. 

Well, she is certainly smarter and an actual billionaire by now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Reading that opinion piece was a waste of minutes.  I wonder if the guy can tell us what will happen if the Martians arrive or some other equally likely scenario.

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Have another listen.  Many people marching.  A few chanting.

In any large group of people statistics show that some of them are going to be fools and are likely to chant just about anything if some other fool with a megaphone leads them on. 

It's the leading on aspect of the whole thing that I have been discussing in these recent posts.

Something something... "If there's a Nazi at the table and there are ten other people sitting there talking to him, you got a table with eleven Nazi's" 🤷

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Something something... "If there's a Nazi at the table and there are ten other people sitting there talking to him, you got a table with eleven Nazi's" 🤷

If they are agreeing with or deferring to the Nazi, then yes.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Marching in a group is usually in show of support for something...

For what though?  Auschwitz?  Hamas?  Gaza?  The answer is not clear and should not be labelled as such.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Well, she is certainly smarter and an actual billionaire by now.

Her tours effect economies.

She is on another level from DT. 

Dorks dont get to talk to real stars. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Marching in a group is usually in show of support for something...

Or, or.... hear me out..

They were saying they were going to bring the 'war' home because in their view Israel is taking the 'war' to their people, the Palestinian people. Supplied with weapon/fund support from the American gov. 

See, some are claiming that Israel isn't being careful enough when weeding out the Hamas terrorists in Gaza. Some are even claiming war crimes as too many innocents are dying. It's not just a bunch of protesters too, many countries and orgs around the world are chiming in.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1