US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

21 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Considering how quickly you were upvoting the Chinese bot's posts. I'd take a moment to reflect about what your feed is showing you to confirm your biases.

Chinese bot? You guys don't seriously think you guys are that special do you?

Like that was obviously someone who had been banned in the past using ai... Like really...?

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Or, or.... hear me out..

They were saying they were going to bring the 'war' home because in their view Israel is taking the 'war' to their people, the Palestinian people. Supplied with weapon/fund support from the American gov. 

See, some are claiming that Israel isn't being careful enough when weeding out the Hamas terrorists in Gaza. Some are even claiming war crimes as too many innocents are dying. It's not just a bunch of protesters too, many countries and orgs around the world are chiming in.  

Show me where that's proof of that being what they mean and I'll agree. But that's not what I'm seeing when they are chanting that...

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

It was definitely more than a couple of them chanting, so yea...

Was it all of them?   Can we paint them all with the same brush?   Before you reply consider what happens around here when all convoy protestors are painted with the same brush.

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Show me where that's proof of that being what they mean and I'll agree. But that's not what I'm seeing when they are chanting that...

You show me proof that its not. I dont think that crowd actually means... " lets be terrorist !!! let`s go terror! "

That said, its a dumb thing to chant and what they are doing is dumb.

They need Kamala to win. Trump is worse for their cause. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Like that was obviously someone who had been banned in the past using ai... Like really...?

Who knows who it was or whether or not they have been here before?  They were here. They were obviously using AI.  They posted from an IP in China.

What is the being special comment supposed to mean?   

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Who knows who it was or whether or not they have been here before?  They were here. They were obviously using AI.  They posted from an IP in China.

What is the being special comment supposed to mean?   

I don't. Just an educated guess as this is a pretty obscure place to be talking politics.

Also i.ps are easy to spoof, so that means nothing really 

12 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Was it all of them?   Can we paint them all with the same brush?   Before you reply consider what happens around here when all convoy protestors are painted with the same brush.

Which is exactly why I'm laughing at the defense towards these chants. Not even remotely the same benefit of the doubt was given to other groups, so it's interesting to see it here.

Biases and such...

I don't. Just an educated guess as this is a pretty obscure place to be talking politics.

Also i.ps are easy to spoof, so that means nothing really 

This place, like any place where political discussions take place, is easily found if you choose to look.

And you are right.  It could have been a <name a nationality> with a VPN.  Whoever they were all they wanted was to get us riled up.

3 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Which is exactly why I'm laughing at the defense towards these chants. Not even remotely the same benefit of the doubt was given to other groups, so it's interesting to see it here.

Biases and such...

Having a bias is something you will never never be accused of Ricky.   BTW - Who here has defended these chants?   

12 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

This place, like any place where political discussions take place, is easily found if you choose to look.

And you are right.  It could have been a <name a nationality> with a VPN.  Whoever they were all they wanted was to get us riled up.

How many of these "bots" do you think are seeking out Canadians on a Canadian hockey forum talking about American politics (mostly, I do know he posted in a couple others as well)?

Like show of hands how many people in this thread can even vote in the American election? I'm assuming that number is small...

How many of these "bots" do you think are seeking out Canadians on a Canadian hockey forum talking about American politics (mostly, I do know he posted in a couple others as well)?

At least one 

1 minute ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Like show of hands how many people in this thread can even vote in the American election? I'm assuming that number is small...

Our friend seemed to also be a great fan of Stephen Harper and mentioned him many times.  He did not seem to like Justin or Jagmeet all that much.

These bots are out there Ricky.   They have lots of time and energy and end up in  lot of places.  You probably know by now I'm not much of  conspiracy theorist but I firmly believe there are large and organized groups out there taking to the internet just to sow havoc and division wherever they can find a place to do so. 

• Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Biases and such...

Holy fook Ricky hell just froze over, I’m with you on this one.

If skunks show up at your party you have to kick them out or at least call them out otherwise everyone winds up stinking. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Something something... "If there's a Nazi at the table and there are ten other people sitting there talking to him, you got a table with eleven Nazi's" 🤷

2 hours ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Marching in a group is usually in show of support for something...

So....by this metric, can we all assume that you're a die-hard MAGA Trump supporter?

Because you say some of the same things they do.....:classic_unsure:

15 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Our friend seemed to also be a great fan of Stephen Harper and mentioned him many times.  He did not seem to like Justin or Jagmeet all that much.

These bots are out there Ricky.   They have lots of time and energy and end up in  lot of places.  You probably know by now I'm not much of  conspiracy theorist but I firmly believe there are large and organized groups out there taking to the internet just to sow havoc and division wherever they can find a place to do so. 

Which only lends to my thoughts of it being a former poster.

I don't disagree about bots, I just don't believe this specific poster was anything more than a formerly banned poster trying to rile people up

57 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

We're not special, bots cost literally nothing to flood everywhere with.

And this was confirmed by the mods to be the first chinese AI bot on our site. 

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

So....by this metric, can we all assume that you're a die-hard MAGA Trump supporter?

Because you say some of the same things they do.....:classic_unsure:

LITERALLY posters on this site regularly do... So yes because that already happens over in the Canadian thread 🤷

2 minutes ago, DSVII said:

We're not special, bots cost literally nothing to flood everywhere with.

And this was confirmed by the mods to be the first chinese AI bot on our site. 

Again, IP addresses are very easy to spoof...

Edited by Ricky Ravioli

LITERALLY posters on this site regularly do... So yes because that already happens over in the Canadian thread 🤷

I'm not sure I follow....are you saying that "Yes", you're a die hard MAGA Trump supporter?

Kudos for actually admitting that, if so. None your compadres seem have the courage to admit it.

16 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Which only lends to my thoughts of it being a former poster.

I don't disagree about bots, I just don't believe this specific poster was anything more than a formerly banned poster trying to rile people up

clutch is back!!!!!!!!