US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

37 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm not sure I follow....are you saying that "Yes", you're a die hard MAGA Trump supporter?

Kudos for actually admitting that, if so. None your compadres seem have the courage to admit it.

Basically what I was saying is people already do label me just because I push back on certain things.

As far as Maga goes, it's far too culty for my liking.

26 minutes ago, kilgore said:

clutch is back!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure I follow? I'm assuming this is the username of a former poster...? I was aftermath35 on the older site and was mostly a lurker and didn't post as much as now

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Basically what I was saying is people already do label me just because I push back on certain things.

So then you agree that not everyone should be tarred with the same brush, if they happen to be say, marching in the same group with a few extremists?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I'm not sure how you are labelled.  I'm just amazed at some of the things you will defend and the lengths you will go to do so.  What label should I use for that?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

So then you agree that not everyone should be tarred with the same brush, if they happen to be say, marching in the same group with a few extremists?

In theory yes. I have a hard time applying it to this situation as there is far too many chanting along for that to be the case here...

I just don't agree that standard has been applied evenly amongst various groups

1 minute ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

In theory yes. I have a hard time applying it to this situation as there is far too many chanting along for that to be the case here...

I just don't agree that standard has been applied evenly amongst various groups

Out of all the people shown in that tweet what percentage would you say had joined in the chant?

BTW - I can't believe we have spent so much time on this today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Posts AI Photos of ‘Swifties for Trump’ — One Week After Falsely Blasting Kamala Harris for Faking Crowds

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-posts-ai-photos-of-swifties-for-trump-one-week-after-falsely-blasting-kamala-harris-for-faking-crowds/

This has got to be one of the most weak, embarrassing things a presidential candidate has ever done. Posting fake ai to pretend you have a celebrity's support, just yikes. 

This is so sad lol

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I'm not sure how you are labelled.  I'm just amazed at some of the things you will defend and the lengths you will go to do so.  What label should I use for that?

I've been called far-right, right wing, conservative this or that. Have had the conservative party labeled as "your guys" plenty times... All because I push back on certain topics. Never once said my political affiliation, but some posters here certainly have no problem assuming 🤷

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Out of all the people shown in that tweet what percentage would you say had joined in the chant?

BTW - I can't believe we have spent so much time on this today.

Uhhhh listen to it... There's quite a few. No less than half are chanting and banging drums in that video. More than enough that its definitely unacceptable and the fact people are defending this is mind boggling to me

Edited by Ricky Ravioli

I've been called far-right, right wing, conservative this or that. Have had the conservative party labeled as "your guys" plenty times... All because I push back on certain topics. Never once said my political affiliation, but some posters here certainly have no problem assuming 🤷

I've never cared how someone votes. That's up to them.  I only care about what they say/promote/defend/apologize for.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Goes both ways though. If I immediately defend something the left does, people immediately think I'm for Trudeau.

So don't think this is something exclusively happens to one side. It's both sides doing it.

Uhhhh listen to it... There's quite a few. No less than half are chanting and banging drums in that video. More than enough that its definitely unacceptable and the fact people are defending this is mind boggling to me

I've listened twice.  I'd say your count of 'no less than' half is well off the mark.

And I am equally boggled by your assertion that ALL OF these fools are best described as pro-Hamas.   If you remember that's how this whole thing started.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

This has got to be one of the most weak, embarrassing things a presidential candidate has ever done. Posting fake ai to pretend you have a celebrity's support, just yikes. 

This is so sad lol

It just makes no sense....

He's already got Kid Rock and Scott Baio.....what else does he need? :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

And in your mind, is this commensurate with labeling someone "pro terrorist"? Seems like a bit of a stretch to me, Ricky....

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I've never cared how someone votes. That's up to them.  I only care about what they say/promote/defend/apologize for.

It's almost like you can still do that without obsessing over someone's political affiliation...