US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

7 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Goes both ways though. If I immediately defend something the left does, people immediately think I'm for Trudeau.

So don't think this is something exclusively happens to one side. It's both sides doing it.

For sure. Typically though people defending Trudeau make it pretty clear which way they lean.

It definitely isn't. Don't disagree there

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

For sure. Typically though people defending Trudeau make it pretty clear which way they lean.

Well, you can defend something someone does while also not liking them. To not like someone does not mean you have to disagree with every single thing they do.

I think maybe that's where people get caught up.

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I've listened twice.  I'd say your count of 'no less than' half is well off the mark.

And I am equally boggled by your assertion that ALL OF these fools are best described as pro-Hamas.   If you remember that's how this whole thing started.

I have as well. It isn't 3 people chanting... There's drums too. Like this isn't a couple randoms trying to sabatoge the march. There's clearly people there that believe what they are chanting and it's unacceptable 

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

You're not making assumptions on people's political leanings are you?   I thought that was something you were strongly opposed to.

Edited by Satchmo
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I have as well. It isn't 3 people chanting... There's drums too. Like this isn't a couple randoms trying to sabatoge the march. There's clearly people there that believe what they are chanting and it's unacceptable 

What are those drums saying?   Is there a Morse code message being sent?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

You're not making assumptions on people's political leanings are you?   I thought that was something you were strongly opposed to.

Huh? First of all I said typically... I'm not making assumptions. That's generally what happens as the PP hate fest is quite strong on this website... 

But this is American politics and I don't want to derail this thread 

Is this you feigning ignorance now...? Honestly thought you were better than that...

Satch might have thrown a bit of a dig in there, Ricky, but it's a valid question: What is the significance of the drums? How does it support the theory that the people are "pro-Hamas"?

Edited by RupertKBD

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Satch might have thrown a bit of a dig in there, Ricky, but it's a valid question: What is the significance of the drums? How does it support the theory that the people are
pro-Hamas"?

People use drums during march's for chants all the time? I don't think it's that deep...

Edited by Ricky Ravioli

Is this you feigning ignorance now...? Honestly thought you were better than that...

No, that's me laughing at you.  My apologies, but at this point I'm afraid I just can't help it even though I know it's just more proof that I am no better than anyone.

• Cheers 1

People use drums during march's for chants all the time? I don't think it's that deep...

Sure they do. What I'm asking is how does the fact that there were drums in the crowd support the conclusion that the ones carrying them are "Pro-Hamas"?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

No, that's me laughing at you.  My apologies, but at this point I'm afraid I just can't help it even though I know it's just more proof that I am no better than anyone.

Believe me, you surely aren't...

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Sure they do. What I'm asking is how does the fact that there were drums in the crowd support the conclusion that the ones carrying them are "Pro-Hamas"?

Why are you sooo focused on the drums? Shouldn't the content of the chant be the focus here?

Why are you sooo focused on the drums? Shouldn't the content of the chant be the focus here?

:classic_huh: You were the one who brought them up..... while you were trying to make the case that a significant percentage of the crowd were pro-Hamas, rather than just pro-Palestine.

If the drums are not significant, why did you mention them?

• Cheers 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

:classic_huh: You were the one who brought them up..... while you were trying to make the case that a significant percentage of the crowd were pro-Hamas, rather than just pro-Palestine.

If the drums are not significant, why did you mention them?

The drums were just to highlight that the chant wasn't random and was clearly something agreed upon by some of the marchers or else I can only assume the person would stop banging the drums if they didn't agree with what was being chanted...

• Confused 1

The drums were just to highlight that the chant wasn't random and was clearly something agreed upon by some of the marchers or else I can only assume the person would stop banging the drums if they didn't agree with what was being chanted...

I see.....so the drummers were also chanters. Does that somehow lead to a conclusion that half of the marchers were chanting?

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I see.....so the drummers were also chanters. Does that somehow lead to a conclusion that half of the marchers were chanting?

Again... Why so focused on the drums?

What they were chanting is the focus here and by listening to the video it's pretty clear it's more than a "couple" people chanting.

Edited by Ricky Ravioli

Were there any Hamas flags flying in that protest group?

Cause thats the parallel that's trying to be drawn, right? to walking with Nazi flags...

Bringing up the Chris Rock ...'10 guys ( sit at a table) hang out with 1 Nazi, you've got 11 nazi's'.

They were chanting about war. Not about supporting terrorism. In their minds Israel is making it a war and the Palestinian people are trapped.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Some claiming it’s defamatory to call Trump a Convicted Felon … lol

Meanwhile, James Comer and Gym Jordan release a "report" that asserts Joe Biden engaged in influence peddling, grift, lying and defrauding the US to enrich his family....without a shred of evidence.....:classic_dry:

I don't know how the American legal system works, but I hope there's an avenue to JB to sue the pants off these two lying sacks of shit, once his term is over.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Again... Why so focused on the drums?

What they were chanting is the focus here and by listening to the video it's pretty clear it's more than a "couple" people chanting.

Again...why did you bring them up?

....and how many more? Half of the crowd?

• Vintage 1