US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Again... Why so focused on the drums?

What they were chanting is the focus here and by listening to the video it's pretty clear it's more than a "couple" people chanting.

You never really said it but began by at least implying 'All of them'.  Then 'No less than half'.  Now 'more than a couple'.

I agree that some chanted.  My call is about a dozen out of the scores of people visible in that tweet.   By my count or yours it's certainly not everyone.   Yet let's call them all pro-Hamas and be done with it.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Again...why did you bring them up?

....and how many more? Half of the crowd?

30 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

People use drums during march's for chants all the time? I don't think it's that deep...

See the bolded as I have already answered this.

I don't know? Nobody knows how many exactly are chanting. But it's pretty easy to tell that it's more than a "couple" 

To argue otherwise is just being willfully ignorant at this point 

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

You never really said it but began by at least implying 'All of them'.  Then 'No less than half'.  Now 'more than a couple'.

I agree that some chanted.  My call is about a dozen out of the scores of people visible in that tweet.   By my count or yours it's certainly not everyone.   Yet let's call them all pro-Hamas and be done with it.

Let's just put numbers aside for now. If these people don't agree with what's being chanted why is nobody stopping the ones who are? 

Whether you agree with me or not regardless of intent, chanting those specific words doesn't look good.

8 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Let's just put numbers aside for now. If these people don't agree with what's being chanted why is nobody stopping the ones who are? 

Whether you agree with me or not regardless of intent, chanting those specific words doesn't look good.

Yes, I can agree the chant was unacceptable and It's time to stop arguing how many people were chanting or what we should call them.   Let's now chastise the marchers who did not put up a fight once it started.

Edited by Satchmo
typo

25 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Again... Why so focused on the drums?

What they were chanting is the focus here and by listening to the video it's pretty clear it's more than a "couple" people chanting.

Well, I didn't say there was a couple, but you certainly did say that it was half.....

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Yes, I can agree the chant was unacceptable and It's time to stop arguing how many people were chanting or what we should call them.   Let's now chastise the marchers who did not put up a fight once it started.

Chastise? I'm simply asking a question. One that I think is pretty fair as well if they want to be taken seriously 

1 minute ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Chastise? I'm simply asking a question. One that I think is pretty fair as well if they want to be taken seriously 

Oh pardon me.  I thought you were deflecting and did not spot the seriousness of your question.  My answer is I don't know and I don't care.

I'm going to go back to the original reason I became involved in this - I don't think these people should ALL be describes as pro-Hamas.  You do.  The universe is unfolding as expected and not many people in it apart from you and I care about what you and I think.  

I'm done until next time Ricky...

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

People use drums during march's for chants all the time? I don't think it's that deep...

Ricky, Lets say that I agree that there are at least a few in the march that absolutely HATE Israelis, or just hate Jews.  They may even rightly hate them because they actually know of friends or relatives that  have been killed  in Gaza. So much that they think that October 7th was not only justified, but that Israel does not even have a right to exist.  Especially now after the Gaza atrocities by Netanyahoo  

Then there are those there who do not support the October massacre, and actually do not agree that rape, kidnap and murder of innocent concert goers is fine. But they also do not agree that two wrongs make a right. And that Israel has gone way overboard and into the ethnic cleansing MO. And they feel deep empathy for the average Palestinian people, regarded by both sides as cannon fodder. And who's protest is mainly to demand a cease fire, and negotiations to stop the slaughter of innocents.

What percent are you saying is the former? or the latter?

What about the possibility that in a protest march, and I've been to a few, that people (even drummers) just pick up on chants going on and simply join in, and just assume its, say, NOT pro-terrorism, but defined through their own filter about what they believe about supporting Palestinians.  And interpret even a chant like “DNC go home! Or we're gonna bring the war home!” into their own self interpretation.  As in, "war" meaning confrontation in the form of protests, civil disobedience, fund raising, social media channels, and challenging politicians directly. Can you see this possibility?

Admittedly there is a degree of weakness to be exploited in a mass gathering and the mob mentality. People  assume eveyone there thinks just like they do. So when they hear a chant, they join in, without thinking too too deeply about it. At least  those directly in the vicinity. Heck, "The People, United, shall never be Defeated!" could be seen as a war cry too.

Trump uses the "Fight Fight Fight" slogan. And Harris uses the "When we Fight, we Win" slogan. I wouldn't put it past some op ed to jump to their keyboard and write how  •insert the political party• is fomenting violence!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

And “Swiftly”,

Empire Strikes Back … 

The best way to respond tbh, let her legion of lawyers take care of it. Making any sort of statement personally just gives him the attention he so desperately craves. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

20 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

According to Twitter, they are expecting over 20,000 protestors in Chicago. It’s Bigly. It’s so big it might be the biggest protest ever. 

And let me guess. You believe everything you read on Twitter?

You need to learn to question things my dude. Stop being a sheep being herded by the wolves.

And then there's the lack of context in that video. I don't fully know what's going on, but at least I'm not pretending to know. The post is basically one group trying to instill hate in towards the other. Just more crap you're eating up as if it were chocolate cake. Yum yum.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Is Joe getting evicted from the White House?   🧐

IMG_1072.jpeg

Well it's certainly not Trump given Trump would be kicking and screaming and inciting another coup. lol

• Cheers 1

Sentencing will take place Feb. 7th.  Will likely get prison time.

https://apnews.com/article/george-santos-plea-court-new-york-90741d068fd94090419fc0fd79be30cc

George Santos pleads guilty, acknowledging lies and blaming ambition for conning his way to Congress

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

According to Twitter, they are expecting over 20,000 protestors in Chicago. It’s Bigly. It’s so big it might be the biggest protest ever. 

Oh. Well, then, it's got to be true. Then again:

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

https://youtu.be/S-94S08nEI0?si=yHQgWZhe9oYB-0UD

Definitely some "fun" as you would say going on right now...

Thanks for the link.

4 arrested.

Saying its a 'rouge group' that just showed up.

Looks pretty tame. More people standing around with cell phones and cameras than anything else. Police at the fence breach, geared up. 

I think things are going to be mild but we'll see. 

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Thanks for the link.

4 arrested.

Saying its a 'rouge group' that just showed up.

Looks pretty tame. More people standing around with cell phones and cameras than anything else. Police at the fence breach, geared up. 

I think things are going to be mild but we'll see. 

I imagine if things pick up it won't be until it gets dark out there 

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Meanwhile, James Comer and Gym Jordan release a "report" that asserts Joe Biden engaged in influence peddling, grift, lying and defrauding the US to enrich his family....without a shred of evidence.....:classic_dry:

I don't know how the American legal system works, but I hope there's an avenue to JB to sue the pants off these two lying sacks of shit, once his term is over.

if the Republican Party hopes to survive in the US , they themselves need to clean their own house .

Lies , should hold people accountable for their careers in Politics ..

just as George Santos is being sentenced for fraud ,. So should any politician who speaks false narratives, and is vocal with lies , should stand for fraud.

They waste millions of taxpayers dollars every year with bullshit .. the time ($) and money they use in “investigation” should be added restitutions.

• Cheers 2