US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

56 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Guess the "Money Honey" gained all that weight from swallowing all the protein from Donnie.🥸

This is the kind of thing that makes me SMH every time I hear someone try and claim that CNN is "just as bad as Faux"....

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Guess the "Money Honey" gained all that weight from swallowing all the protein from Donnie.🥸

BTW: Brady Gray looks almost as bad as Maria, after this pitiful scam......because he bought into the lie, hook, line and sinker....

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

So....8 ish hours from the DNC convention last night.  Apparently some amazing speeches.  Biden was evidently on fire after being on stage and on point for 10-15 minutes without having someone unplug his controller.

But, where is the same level of press coverage?  Even on here we don't see nearly the level of coverage about it.  Some memes a few jabs at Trump but by and large nothing.

After the RNC it was full days of almost wall to wall coverage by all media outlets regarding their convention.

Something doesn't jive here

Profit motive. Trump is more clicks. Keeping the race close is more clicks.

And Trump tax credits for the networks' billionaire owners

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

^^ Dumb bitch Bartiromo should be charged with mischief for wasting police resources on wild goose chases. No wonder the Dotard thinks that crime is higher than it’s ever been in “our history”. 

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

So....the latest stupid Repug gambit seems to be to try and paint 2nd Gentleman Doug Emhoff as something more than a loving parent, because he was hugging his daughter at the DNC....of course, such a lack of self awareness was quickly called out by the internet:

However, one of the most repugnant of the Repug comments belonged to some cow named Kylie Jane Kremer:

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

So....the latest stupid Repug gambit seems to be to try and paint 2nd Gentleman Doug Emhoff as something more than a loving parent, because he was hugging his daughter at the DNC....of course, such a lack of self awareness was quickly called out by the internet:

However, one of the most repugnant of the Repug comments belonged to some cow named Kylie Jane Kremer:

There was that one guy a few weeks back that was just posting "Biden hugging kids" Pics inferring him being a pedo, and staunchly saying he doesn't believe in the SA allegations against Trump from Jane Doe or the testimonies of the teenagers at Ms America pageants because they weren't proven in a court of law so he had to keep to his principles there of not jumping to conclusions. 

Wonder where he went 🙂

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DSVII said:

There was that one guy a few weeks back that was just posting "Biden hugging kids" Pics inferring him being a pedo, and staunchly saying he doesn't believe in the SA allegations against Trump from Jane Doe or the testimonies of the teenagers at Ms America pageants because they weren't proven in a court of law so he had to keep to his principles there of not jumping to conclusions. 

Wonder where he went 🙂

image.jpeg.b049eb107edda2540a2b5a26e192efb6.jpeg

:classic_unsure:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, DSVII said:

Wonder where he went 🙂

54 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

image.jpeg.b049eb107edda2540a2b5a26e192efb6.jpeg

:classic_unsure:

Was it one of the ones that got "shown the door"?  :classic_ninja:

The data may narrow, but the DNC could have easily smashed the RNC if there wasn't the late Biden speech. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/dnc-chicago-biden-ratings-rnc-b2599149.html

DNC night one ratings beat RNC by 21 percent despite late Biden speech

Early data comes as Trump reportedly concerned Kamala Harris nomination speech will outshine his from RNC

3 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

The data may narrow, but the DNC could have easily smashed the RNC if there wasn't the late Biden speech. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/dnc-chicago-biden-ratings-rnc-b2599149.html

DNC night one ratings beat RNC by 21 percent despite late Biden speech

Early data comes as Trump reportedly concerned Kamala Harris nomination speech will outshine his from RNC

Well considering Harris has command of the English language and isn't mentally handicapped, I'd say Trump has reason to be concerned.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

27 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

He reportedly made the same offer to the Harris campaign. They did not return his call. RFK is seeking a Cabinet position.

Do it RFK wormbrain.

Any former Democrat leaning supporters he had will go back to their old party.  And the never Trumper libertarians will slink back to their old party. He'll be seen as an opportunist sellout by most.  It would be a win for the Democrats.

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Well considering Harris has command of the English language and isn't mentally handicapped, I'd say Trump has reason to be concerned.

Lol there would be something catastrophic that happened if Harris can't outshine Trump's speech. 

34 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

He reportedly made the same offer to the Harris campaign. They did not return his call. RFK is seeking a Cabinet position.

Why does everyone that failed in their field all become right wing grifters?

49 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

And this is what Donald says about it.   Hard to say if there is any truth in it except that he'd like the endorsement.

Donald Trump said Tuesday he would “certainly” be open to Robert F. Kennedy Jr. playing a role in his administration if the independent candidate drops out of the 2024 race and endorses the former president.

“I like him, and I respect him,” Trump told CNN’s Kristen Holmes in an interview after a campaign stop in Michigan.

“He’s a brilliant guy. He’s a very smart guy. I’ve known him for a very long time,” the Republican presidential nominee said. “I didn’t know he was thinking about getting out, but if he is thinking about getting out, certainly I’d be open to it.”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/20/politics/trump-consider-appointing-rfk-jr-administration-role/index.html

I'm aware why they've done it, but it's still amusing that the Democrats have "built a wall" around their convention and are requiring credentials (ID's) or admission tickets to enter.  They also have "the border" of the convention center being guarded by both the police and federal agents (USSS). 

All that's missing is the Mexican drug lords making plans to tunnel under the barriers.  🤣

Apparently they're concerned that they may be picketed by tens of thousands of their own party members.

https://www.newsweek.com/dnc-builds-wall-around-convention-center-amid-chicago-protests-1941137

• Haha 3
  • Desmenko 1

I watched a bunch of the DNC last night.

It looked like a nightmare ripped right out of Donalds head.

Packed to the rafters with people chanting 'we love joe'.

Lots of powerful speeches. Really looked strong.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

That's the state of the media in the US.  They blatantly take sides. 

Unfortunately for that reporter, someone anticipated that being asked, and prepared Trump for that question.  She knew the answer right away which means she knew exactly what she was doing.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm aware why they've done it, but it's still amusing that the Democrats have "built a wall" around their convention and are requiring credentials (ID's) or admission tickets to enter.  They also have "the border" of the convention center being guarded by both the police and federal agents (USSS). 

All that's missing is the Mexican drug lords making plans to tunnel under the barriers.  🤣

Apparently they're concerned that they may be picketed by tens of thousands of their own party members.

https://www.newsweek.com/dnc-builds-wall-around-convention-center-amid-chicago-protests-1941137

That's an interesting article, and I can see why some would through shade on them for building walls, but where does it say they may be picketed by tens of thousands of their own party members?

I notice it did say this:

The security measures follow the threat of mass pro-Palestinian protests at the convention and come a month after the attempt to assassinate Donald Trump at a political rally. In July, Trump-appointed District Judge Brett Ludwig ruled that demonstrators could not cross a "hard" security perimeter while protesting at the Republican convention in Milwaukee.

9 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

..and they were chanting 'Lock him up!' inside.

But really ...built a 'wall' and a 'border'...? 

They dont do that any other time? put up barriers?....oh wait, part of Joes speech was on the state of the capitol when he took over, national guard and fences all because a few weeks earlier Don's mob almost ended the US system.

'In front of me was a city surrounded by the National Guard. Behind me, a Capitol just two weeks before had been overrun by a violent mob.' -JB

But what party members are you talking about? the protesters?...i thought they were threatening to not vote? that tells me they dont have a party...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

That's an interesting article, and I can see why some would through shade on them for building walls, but where does it say they may be picketed by tens of thousands of their own party members?

I notice it did say this:

The security measures follow the threat of mass pro-Palestinian protests at the convention and come a month after the attempt to assassinate Donald Trump at a political rally. In July, Trump-appointed District Judge Brett Ludwig ruled that demonstrators could not cross a "hard" security perimeter while protesting at the Republican convention in Milwaukee.

Tens of thousands of demonstrators are expected at the DNC, which takes place from August 19 to 22, many of them angry over the Biden administration's response to the ongoing Israel-Hamas war. Campaign group March on the DNC has organized two major demonstrations targeting the event on August 19 and 22, both of which start at Union Park.

The Republican voters couldn't give a wet fart about the Palestinians.  It's the progressive Democrats they are concerned about demonstrating.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

..and they were chanting 'Lock him up!' inside.

But really ...built a 'wall' and a 'border'...? 

They dont do that any other time? put up barriers?....oh wait, part of Joes speech was on the state of the capitol when he took over, national guard and fences all because a few weeks earlier Don's mob almost ended the US system.

'In front of me was a city surrounded by the National Guard. Behind me, a Capitol just two weeks before had been overrun by a violent mob.' -JB

But what party members are you talking about? the protesters?...i thought they were threatening to not vote? that tells me they dont have a party...

I was amused by the imagery and worded it the way I did on purpose.  I thought I made that plain.  Apparently not, since I've lightly triggered two people so far.