US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

6 minutes ago, kilgore said:

And Fox News will run with it.  Expanding the explanation further, not explaining like this article, but expanding the scandal.  Emphasize the revision to the numbers as meaning Biden lied and was caught fudging the numbers.  And concluding for their viewers that it means that Biden's whole recovery was a lie. And Trump's bad performance must also then be a big lie. 

That's the danger of Fox News. They will create a days long 'scandal' narrative from one tiny perception of a faux pas, especially if they have actual numbers like this to show on the screen. That's all their viewers need and want.  And that's one  reason why this election is far from over.  Look what they did with HIllary's email server mistake.  All they need is one past, or present, mistake by Harris or even Walz that is just big enough that it can be magically expanded from a mole hill to a mountain. And pounded daily on all RW media.

The flip side of that is anyone watching Fox News is definitely not an undecided voter.  

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

And Fox News will run with it.  Expanding the explanation further, not explaining like this article, but expanding the scandal.  Emphasize the revision to the numbers as meaning Biden lied and was caught fudging the numbers.  And concluding for their viewers that it means that Biden's whole recovery was a lie. And Trump's bad performance must also then be a big lie. 

That's the danger of Fox News. They will create a days long 'scandal' narrative from one tiny perception of a faux pas, especially if they have actual numbers like this to show on the screen. That's all their viewers need and want.  And that's one  reason why this election is far from over.  Look what they did with HIllary's email server mistake.  All they need is one past, or present, mistake by Harris or even Walz that is just big enough that it can be magically expanded from a mole hill to a mountain. And pounded daily on all RW media.

I mentioned earlier that the stock market seemed to ignore it. Had a good day but that also had to do with a positive possible future fed rate cut.

From what i understand, the jobs report is a indicator that usually influences the market but not today. Maybe it knows this is ....what do they say? ' a nothingburger'

• ThereItIs 1

34 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I hear you. 

You don't mean this video post, but others.  I can't stand the click bait titles like that.  "It's Over for Trump!" and the like. So annoying.  I'll still watch it but I don't watch a video depending on how dramatic the title, only what I gather is the main content of it. Especially dumb to put out there because Tromp could very well still win this.  And we have learned, if anything, after the "grab em by the pussy" that there is little that can shock any of his cult out of their stupor.

Any Republican, even moderates, will probably be turned off by it, and probably only harden their support.

Yeah, those Youtube videos and articles really tend to make the Dems look bad more than they look good and they don't even realise it. They want to think the other side thinks like they do or something, but they don't, and it gets tiring when I just want to hear how things are going. lol

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Warm brain goes to Trump.  

Good for Harris.  A strong third party challenge is bad for incumbent party. And those that were supporting RFK were double haters who didn't want Biden or Trump. The reason RFK is toast now is becusee Harris came in.

Besides, those who are for RFK since he said he's an independent, just got spit in the face.  

i don't know how good this will be for Harris.  Just thinking about all the anti-vaxers that make up a lot of, probably the majority, of his followers. He probably lost most of his Democratic supporters when Biden dropped out.  The MAGA party is the only party left who will entertain the crazy conspiracies he and his leftover followers believe in.  I think this will drive his remaining anti-vax supporters to the big orange bleach injector.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, kilgore said:

i don't know how good this will be for Harris.  Just thinking about all the anti-vaxers that make up a lot of, probably the majority, of his followers. He probably lost most of his Democratic supporters when Biden dropped out.  The MAGA party is the only party left who will entertain the crazy conspiracies he and his leftover followers believe in.  I think this will drive his remaining anti-vax supporters to the big orange bleach injector.

As I said before, I'm betting just a fraction of his supporters actually get out and vote

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I'm sorry, but not surprised, to hear this will likely help Trump, at least a bit.

How RFK Jr.'s exit would help Trump, according to the polls

Surveys show that most of Trump's third-party defectors have been picking Robert F. Kennedy Jr. on test ballots with more choices.

Polls show that a Kennedy withdrawal would probably help Trump more than it hurts him. But if it does, it’s at the margins — though small margins have ended up deciding recent presidential elections.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/rfk-jrs-exit-help-trump-according-polls-rcna167539

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Speaking of polls.  The most unbiased scientific poll has just been completed.  The results are in!!!

This poll is big.  It's Bigly.  It's probably the biggest poll ever done.  Almost 6 million people voted!!!  It's Yuuugggeeee....

Not even 6 million votes?

Oh how limp.

17 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Yeah, those Youtube videos and articles really tend to make the Dems look bad more than they look good and they don't even realise it. They want to think the other side thinks like they do or something, but they don't, and it gets tiring when I just want to hear how things are going. lol

It is online meme culture. You just have to get used to it unfortunately. Both side does it. 

16 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Oh this definitely benefit Trump more. Why else would Trump promise him a cabinet position if he endorse him. 

The calculation here is does his supporters go vote for Trump or just stay home cause they supported RFK because they dislike Trump to begin with. 

2 hours ago, Satchmo said:

That settles it then.  I predict Harris and Walz will be out within a week and Michelle Obama and Tom Hanks will be in.  They will win but the stock market will crash.  As a result, Donald Trump Jr and Marjorie Taylor Greene win the next election and appoint Elon Musk to Chief of Staff.  Book it.

I knew you would come around. Took awhile but eventually everyone gets there. Congratulations on making it to the dark side!! 😇

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I knew you would come around. Took awhile but eventually everyone gets there. Congratulations on making it to the dark side!! 😇

Nah, I'm staying put. We have better cake.  I'm just trying to shine a light on the dark side.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Satchmo said:

That settles it then.  I predict Harris and Walz will be out within a week and Michelle Obama and Tom Hanks will be in.  They will win but the stock market will crash.  As a result, Donald Trump Jr and Marjorie Taylor Greene win the next election and appoint Elon Musk to Chief of Staff.  Book it.

Wrong.

The Globalist are saving these two to run the planet. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Anyone remember what I said about how media picks and chooses how they present polls and polling in general?

A Democratic operative recently said that their polls were showing that the counts were closer than what was being generally reported.

So, that makes me wonder if Newsweek's article from today is just another cherry picked poll looking for clicks or if the Democratic operative was accurate in his polling.

This kind of media stumping with chosen polls lately is starting to mirror what they did with the Clinton polls, all but promising that she was crushing Trump.  We know how that race turned out.  Are they doing the same thing with/to Harris? 

I dunno...

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-kamala-harris-polls-swing-states-1942205

30 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Wrong.

The Globalist are saving these two to run the planet. 

Scanning for sarcasm...

Okay all clear.

I identify as a globalist and don't see it as an insult to be called one.

• Haha 1

Just now, Optimist Prime said:

Scanning for sarcasm...

Okay all clear.

Oh it's a dirty word around some parts.

But you do you brother.

I'm just here for the ride.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Scanning for sarcasm...

Okay all clear.

We're all made of the same stardust, sharing the same rock that's flying through space, relying on the same global economy and resources...

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I got a sneak preview of the menu. Yep, bear sliders. 

Bunch of food trucks and venders on the road, you know....street meat. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Anyone remember what I said about how media picks and chooses how they present polls and polling in general?

A Democratic operative recently said that their polls were showing that the counts were closer than what was being generally reported.

So, that makes me wonder if Newsweek's article from today is just another cherry picked poll looking for clicks or if the Democratic operative was accurate in his polling.

This kind of media stumping with chosen polls lately is starting to mirror what they did with the Clinton polls, all but promising that she was crushing Trump.  We know how that race turned out.  Are they doing the same thing with/to Harris? 

I dunno...

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-kamala-harris-polls-swing-states-1942205

That is a 1.3 rated pollster by 538 so not the best pollster out there so that newsweek article is really cherry picking there.l not to mention this was a 3 week old poll back in Aug 8th. 

Anyways I give more leeway to articles quoting quality polls like ipsos. 

Either way you want to look at poll aggregate rather than individual polls. Looking at that, other than Wisconsin, it is pretty much a statistical tie in the battleground states. 

Edited by 24K