US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Fox News’ Brit Hume Lavishes Biden With Praise: ‘One of the Best, If Not the Best, Speeches of His Presidency’

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-brit-hume-lavishes-biden-with-praise-one-of-the-best-if-not-the-best-speeches-of-his-presidency/

Wow, just wow.  Time to start looking for evidence of flying pigs and frozen brimstone.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

First transformer I ever got was soundwave. Still my favorite and I still have them all tucked away in a box somewhere. Laserbeak came in the box iirc

I know about 7 or 8 years ago those old Gen 1 diecast toys were worth hundreds of dollars each.  If I remember right they went down in price after another company got a license to remake them.

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

I know about 7 or 8 years ago those old Gen 1 diecast toys were worth hundreds of dollars each.  If I remember right they went down in price after another company got a license to remake them.

There's definitely some value for the G1 transformers but mine are all well played with so I gave most of them to my kids. Got to raise them right you know. Go bots are for losers though. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I had a Perceptor, but it couldn't magnify worth shit.  :picard:

I only learned of its "tank mode" when googling trying to figure out what the transformer's name was just now.  That would've been more fun a transition (had I known about it then) than the stupid non-magnifying microscope.  :classic_rolleyes:

Glad I never got him.  I'm sure I would have been annoyed and disappointed that they didn't at least make him slightly magnify stuff.

• Vintage 1

Just now, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

There's definitely some value for the G1 transformers but mine are all well played with so I gave most of them to my kids. Got to raise them right you know. Go bots are for losers though. 

Didn't that end up in a lawsuit?  I forget.  I know back then everybody ripped everybody off.   That's how Microsoft became as big as they did in the computer world.

Well I know I'm just no fun at parties, but I didn't mean to shut things down.   Here's more fun:

'The House plunged further into chaos after Republicans voted to drop Representative Jim Jordan as their nominee for the speakership. Mr. Jordan on Friday was unable once again to win over opponents who have denied him this week.'

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Well I know I'm just no fun at parties, but I didn't mean to shut things down.   Here's more fun:

'The House plunged further into chaos after Republicans voted to drop Representative Jim Jordan as their nominee for the speakership. Mr. Jordan on Friday was unable once again to win over opponents who have denied him this week.'

Republican ineptness is like a car crash.  You know you shouldn't gawk, rubber neck, and judge the people who were involved, but you just can't help yourself.  It's too interesting of a sideshow not to.

• Haha 1

The judge hit Trump with a whole $5,000 fine for violating a gag order.

travesty of justice

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/trump-hit-with-fine-after-violating-gag-order/ar-AA1iAdF2?ocid=00000000&pc=U531&cvid=6abbf68e7c854ab696f1c9dd948dc70d&ei=6#comments&commentId=fcb740c7-ed02-4285-a1c1-73ed7d51e97b

"

Donald Trump was hit with a $5,000 fine Friday after a judge discovered a social media post disparaging a court clerk on a campaign website days after a gag order was issued.

Judge Arthur Engoron had threatened to hold Trump in contempt and even jail him after the post was found. Instead, he issued the fine.

In a written ruling, Engoron said he was “way beyond the ‘warning’ stage,” but decided to issue just a fine because of Trump’s attorney’s claim that the post was inadvertent, theAssociated Press reported.

He had earlier said the failure to delete the post was a “blatant violation” of the gag order issued on Oct. 3.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Don's net worth is estimated at 2.5 billion, by Forbes in May. at a paltry 2% interest it is 50,000,000 per year or 136,886.3 per day  or 5,707.76 per hour. So it cost him less than 1 hour of the interest. Joke of a fine.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

The Don's net worth is estimated at 2.5 billion, by Forbes in May. at a paltry 2% interest it is 50,000,000 per year or 136,886.3 per day  or 5,707.76 per hour. So it cost him less than 1 hour of the interest. Joke of a fine.

True, but my mom always told me it's the thought that counts...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

travesty of justice

It's a warning shot across the bow.

This judge is a weird bird.  He seemed to be visibly enjoying himself and the attention at the beginning of the entire thing.  Not so much now though.  Judges hate to have their authority flouted.

7 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

You're giving maga too much credit.  This is just regular old fashioned stupid. 

Ok maga adjacent.

Trumps time has been a really interesting lesson in the mechanics of the US system. It's a testament to it's design that he wasn't able to destroy it.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Gurn said:

travesty of justice

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/trump-hit-with-fine-after-violating-gag-order/ar-AA1iAdF2?ocid=00000000&pc=U531&cvid=6abbf68e7c854ab696f1c9dd948dc70d&ei=6#comments&commentId=fcb740c7-ed02-4285-a1c1-73ed7d51e97b

"

Donald Trump was hit with a $5,000 fine Friday after a judge discovered a social media post disparaging a court clerk on a campaign website days after a gag order was issued.

Judge Arthur Engoron had threatened to hold Trump in contempt and even jail him after the post was found. Instead, he issued the fine.

In a written ruling, Engoron said he was “way beyond the ‘warning’ stage,” but decided to issue just a fine because of Trump’s attorney’s claim that the post was inadvertent, theAssociated Press reported.

He had earlier said the failure to delete the post was a “blatant violation” of the gag order issued on Oct. 3.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need your donations now... more than ever.

Thank you all...  I love you

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Ok maga adjacent.

Trumps time has been a really interesting lesson in the mechanics of the US system. It's a testament to it's design that he wasn't able to destroy it.

One has to wonder what might have happened, had Trump been successful in installing Jeffrey Clark as AG....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

One has to wonder what might have happened, had Trump been successful in installing Jeffrey Clark as AG....

I think we know. 

It's too bad imo how unpopular Harris is. If the Dems had a candidate or vp people could get behind it would be a landslide. 

I think Bidens heart is in the right place but if I were a US voter I would want a different choice. I get why he's not running away with it.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

It's too bad imo how unpopular Harris is. If the Dems had a candidate or vp people could get behind it would be a landslide.

It's not just solely her popularity.  Apparently Biden's own people don't trust her.  Her staff has even complained that to the Biden Admin about her being sidelined.

I think her border visit blowing up in Biden's face was one of the last straws if memory serves.

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think we know. 

I think Bidens heart is in the right place but if I were a US voter I would want a different choice. I get why he's not running away with it.

There are some good moderates on both sides of the aisle that might steer this mess towards a better America. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1