US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

7 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Not surprised really, a lot of sports athletes I'd imagine would lean Republican, even some on our own Canucks team. 

The Swifties are going nuts!!  Apparently there are over 12,000 comments on that post!!  It’s so bad she issued this statement!!  This is wild!!

Edited by Elias Pettersson

43 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That’s a pretty wild stat. So the majority of married people are Republican and the majority of unmarried people are Democrats?  That’s wild. 

Also, doesn’t this confirm that the single cat ladies are Democrats?

No, just that republican males are so fucking repugnant that women would rather stay single and childless

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The things you get worked up about are genuinely kind of weird.  

The things you actually think are important or lend credence to your position are even weirder.

A person with literally zero worth to the world outside of being married to a guy who gets hit for a living liked a social media post and a bunch of pre teens responded to it so this means what?

OMG THIS IS WILD...coming to Teen Beat near you!

That’s quite the response given all the unimportant and zero relevance things that get posted in this thread on a daily basis. 

• chaos 1
  • Desmenko 1

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Swifties are going nuts!!  Apparently there are over 12,000 comments on that post!!  It’s so bad she issued this statement!!  This is wild!!

You do realise Taylor Swift's support was AI generated right?

https://www.livemint.com/news/trends/donald-trump-has-clearly-lost-it-taylor-swift-insider-says-as-former-us-president-fakes-the-singers-support-11724131973158.html

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is just from Mahome's wife, not really a big player unless you're a pop culture followers. I'm unaware of who she is outside of that, outside her husband.

Now I'm still curious what Taylor Swifts response to the fake AI tweet endorsement Trump illegal drew up a few days ago.

25 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Those Swifties. How can they be against anyone who does so well with sentence structure and expressing herself?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

45% of those single men are Democrats. Which means a lot of those women are choosing to be single cat ladies. 

You are getting a lot of mileage from a random tweet describing random poll numbers from the esteemed Washington Post.   I say we wait until Elon does one.  Then we'll know for sure.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

image.thumb.jpeg.2a289ef8df6861538839d14bfdf3490d.jpeg

He literally knows the return of roe vs wade would destroy him at the voting booth; yet, he doesn't want to lose the vote of actual minority that wanted this.

Talk about sending 2 different messages in 1 post. lol

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

What does Taylor Swift have to do with Brittany Mahomes liking a Trump post?

The fact that the AI stuff happened just before this means the swifties would have already been riled up.

Timing it everything and it's really bad timing for this to have happened.

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

You are getting a lot of mileage from a random tweet describing random poll numbers from the esteemed Washington Post.   I say we wait until Elon does one.  Then we'll know for sure.

If Elon does a poll like that it would be Bigly. It would be the biggest poll ever. It would be so big it might break Twitter really. 

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

Those Swifties. How can they be against anyone who does so well with sentence structure and expressing herself?

No kidding....It's pretty obvious she married a football player and not an English teacher.....:classic_wacko:

59 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You know, unlike some other posters at least I know I can have a laugh with Bob…   😊

We might disagree on a number of things but having a discussion of different opinions isn't a bad thing.🙂

(not really related but...)

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I don't blame Joe Biden at all, not for a single second. But the 25th amendment does exist for a reason.

If people care about idealistic democracy (as they claim), and the democrats are positioning themselves as the party of idealistic democracy, then wouldn't people want the democratic processes to play out as they should rather than covert political power struggle? Seems like people love idealistic democracy (on both sides) until they don't I guess. 

As far as Trump, if he was forced out of the nomination I think he could've gone independent & been fine. I think many Republicians behind the scenes would've loved Trump out this past cycle but he's too popular for them to do that from a strategic standpoint.

The Democrats did it the right way for their own purposes, I agree.

I think the people, the voters, are still the ones who will have the final say on who governs them. That's the main contest. If Biden would have croaked, there would not have been any national vote for President. That is much more a definition of installing a leader.  But perfectly acceptable.

The primaries, of any party, can be wrought with undemocratic shenanigans as well. The DNC leaked emails revealed their plans to block Sanders.  Wheeling and dealing goes on. I remember watching old Canadian party conventions on TV and it looked like NHL Draft day with reps visiting other camps promising things, positions, etc. in order to bow out and offer them their delegates.  That's not very democratic either.

And no way the 25th amendment even was applicable.  Biden was still able to govern. To make decisions. Quietly in the oval office surrounded by advisors. He simply wasn't able to be a public politician. To speak properly, to think on his feet in front of cameras. And definitely was not in shape to campaign in the vicious world of American politics.

As long as the final decision is up to the voters I don't see a problem. If the process was so egregious, then the voters will make them pay for it in November.  But I have an inkling that Dems do not care (they might have if Harris had bombed), and for Republicans I suspect this angle might be used, they'll use anything they can, but that its way way down their list of issues they will be using against her

edit:  Unless Trump continues his fixation on repeating the "coup" narrative. Much to his advisors chagrin. He's too stupid and angry for his own good.

Edited by kilgore
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

No, just that republican males are so fucking repugnant that women would rather stay single and childless

I miss the days when people could be respectful and decent to each other, not caring about political leanings.   

I think both sides are horrible.  
White trash…..cucks…..  they are all garbage and all the same. 
But I remember a time when it didn’t really matter. 

Remember when your dad would never talk about who he was voting for?  
hahah.  

There used to be a time when people would keep their politely opinions to themselves and judge each other by character.  
Most people would think someone willing to call 50% of the population ‘repugnant’ is a total cunt.  
I miss those days.