US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Most have the sense to not openly promote Nazism like Musk is doing though.  The sooner the kid gloves are removed and he's forced to answer for his crimes against humanity, the better.

Openly or secretly what does it matter? He goes where he can make a dollar, he has no morals. It’s why him and Trump get along so well.

I’d rather that than all the wolves in sheep’s clothing. At least you know what he stands for.

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Openly or secretly what does it matter? He goes where he can make a dollar, he has no morals. It’s why him and Trump get along so well.

I’d rather that than all the wolves in sheep’s clothing. At least you know what he stands for.

I still see no reason for people to keep defending Musk when he's proven to be no more than subhuman vermin.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I still see no reason for people to keep defending Musk when he's proven to be no more than subhuman vermin.

Not defending him, simply pointing out he’s no different than many billionaires in the US.

People just focus on him because he’s such a public figure now. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Here's the true colours of Elon Muscovite:

Still think this worthless piece of garbage belongs anywhere other than prison?

I've been looking into this a bit - due to my distrust of Elon -  and I'm not convinced it's true.  Seems like only some people on Reddit and X are talking about it.   The list has been out for days now and the NYT, CNN, et al would have been all over this if there was something to it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Elon is a dink, but this is pretty serious. I can appreciate what SpaceX does but not like the man.

Yesterday's news looked good for him. 

Nasa/Boeing waste bilions but Spacex uses their 2+ billion real efficiently.

The richest man on the planet can be a hero with those massive handouts and save the two people stuck up there.

He could also help save the 9 million per year that starve too.

But, you know, Space.

17 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The richest man on the planet can be a hero with those massive handouts and save the two people stuck up there.

But, you know, Space.

https://www.influencewatch.org/non-profit/musk-foundation/

Elon Musk, with a net worth of $195.1 billion, is renowned not only for his ventures like Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) and SpaceX but also for his philanthropic efforts through The Musk Foundation, an entity wholly owned and funded by him.

Musk donated $1.95 billion worth of Tesla shares to charities in 2022 and $5.74 billion in 2021, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Elon Musk, with a net worth of $195.1 billion

Pfft, I find that in my couch cushions.

F**k Elon.

And every single Multi-Billionaire. 

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Pfft, I find that in my couch cushions.

F**k Elon.

And every single Multi-Billionaire. 

So you're saying JD Vance doesn't have some weird fetish, he's just trying to get a sugar daddy?

• Haha 2

Just now, Wilbur said:

So you're saying JD Vance doesn't have some weird fetish, he's just trying to get a sugar daddy?

Oh, if it was Elon's couch he is humping I totally give him a pass.

The change that could come falling out could help his desire to Make America Hate Again!

MAHA.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

he's no hero, just glad he has a good staff at spacex. 

39 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

But, you know, Space.

I mean we can say that about a lot of things. If no one went to a concert next year we could put all that money to feeding people too. Do we really need to see Taylor Swift for $1,000?

I like this perspective on the space budget:

Can this guy get any weirder?

RFK Jr. once cut off whale’s head with chainsaw, his daughter claimed in resurfaced interview 

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. suspending his presidential campaign has not yet put an end to the anecdotes about his personal life.

The latest story, originally shared by Kennedy’s daughter Kathleen “Kick” Kennedy in a recently resurfaced 2012 interview with Town & Country Magazine, details how Kennedy once used a chainsaw to cut off the head of a dead whale carcass that had washed up on the shores of their family’s home in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts. He then drove the whale’s head back to their home in New York on the roof of the family’s minivan, according to the interview.  

“Every time we accelerated on the highway, whale juice would pour into the windows of the car, and it was the rankest thing on the planet,” Kick Kennedy told the magazine. “We all had plastic bags over our heads with mouth holes cut out, and people on the highway were giving us the finger, but that was just normal day-to-day stuff for us.”

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Here's the true colours of Elon Muscovite:

Still think this worthless piece of garbage belongs anywhere other than prison?

It must be nice to be able to post fake news without pushback from anyone. Petr Aven and Vadim Moshkovich have zero ownership in X. Their sons work for a company that has a 1% interest in X. Both their sons are American citizens. One even graduated from Harvard.

Also, Prince Al-Waleed was already a shareholder of Twitter prior to Musk purchasing the company. He was also a donor to the Clinton Foundation.  He also owns stakes in several US companies. At one time he was the largest shareholder in Citigroup and Apple. Was Steve Jobs also a Russian agent like Elon Musk?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

he's no hero, just glad he has a good staff at spacex. 

I mean we can say that about a lot of things. If no one went to a concert next year we could put all that money to feeding people too. Do we really need to see Taylor Swift for $1,000?

I like this perspective on the space budget:

I dont care about the space budget. I dont really care about doing more in space right now.

We have a big mess here on the planet that is getting worse at break neck speed. Humans are fooked.

Yeah, F' Swift too.. but not her fans so much. I know they spend a lot on tickets but they are not the multi-billion hoarders that could save many, many, lives with a snap of their fingers....but they choose not to. 

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

🤣

Listening to the "Behind the Bastards" episode on him. Him spending his spare time hawking to hunt rats in a pit of rotting cow/sheep corpses is certainly an image.

Edited by DSVII

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It must be nice to be able to post fake news without pushback from anyone. Petr Aven and Vadim Moshkovich have zero ownership in X. Their sons work for a company that has a 1% interest in X. Both their sons are American citizens. One even graduated from Harvard.

Also, Prince Al-Waleed was already a shareholder of Twitter prior to Musk purchasing the company. He was also a donor to the Clinton Foundation.  He also owns stakes in several US companies. At one time he was the largest shareholder in Citigroup and Apple. Was Steve Jobs also a Russian agent like Elon Musk?

Just because someone is super rich doesn’t mean they aren’t something we flush each morning. 

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It must be nice to be able to post fake news without pushback from anyone.

Hey, EP....you're a someone.. 

I see you, you matter.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Listening to the "Behind the Bastards" episode on him. Him spending his spare time hawking to hunt rats in a pit of rotting cow/sheep corpses is certainly an image.

I keep thinking RFK Jr is Vincent Smith from the movie Motel He'll (all kinds of critters make up farmer Vincent's fritters).  He does give off that creepy vibe. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I dont care about the space budget. I dont really care about doing more in space right now.

We have a big mess here on the planet that is getting worse at break neck speed. Humans are fooked.

Yeah, F' Swift too.. but not her fans so much. I know they spend a lot on tickets but they are not the multi-billion hoarders that could save many, many, lives with a snap of their fingers....but they choose not to. 

25% of Canadians live below the poverty line. Is that the fault of billionaires or the government?  Are Jim Pattison and Francesco Aquilini supposed to fix the problem of government incompetence by writing cheques?  Is wealth redistribution the answer to fixing poverty?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

By coincidence I saw this on AP moments after reading your post:

Ahead of Taylor Swift’s July 14, 2023, concert in Denver, Aditi Desai, chief marketing officer at the Food Bank of the Rockies, got an unusual call. The billionaire pop star wanted to donate tens of thousands of meals to the nonprofit — a philanthropic effort she had repeated, much like her favorite songs, as she traverses the country on her 52-city Eras Tour.

“I was shocked and then thrilled by the news,” Desai said. “When (Swift’s representatives) shared the news, they were so kind, letting us know that Taylor wanted to express her gratitude for the work we do in our community every day.”

Since last March, Swift has donated the equivalent of hundreds of thousands of meals to help feed the growing number of Americans grappling with rising food and housing costs. She chooses to give without celebrity fanfare, and the gifts have been welcomed. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Now do the same kind of fact checking with your anti-Democrat stuff.

• Haha 2