US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

And yes, the young lady to assholes right in that image is 100% using Dio's original devils horns which he first sed on stage in 79, taken from his italian grandmother which is a sign used to ward off evil spirits.  ironic considering who she is standing next to, but also symbolic considering where she is standing.

But they are not devils horns, in Dios own words

Ronnie James Dio was known for popularizing the sign of the horns in heavy metal. He claimed his Italian grandmother used it to ward off the evil eye (which is known in Italy as malocchio). Dio began using the sign soon after joining the metal band Black Sabbath in 1979.

image.png.d2559be2c267bea4623020e67b88154d.png

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Best guess is that she went to University of Texas.  They throw up the "long horns" every chance they get.  Matthew McConaughey is always on campus with their football team even though he graduated decades ago.

He gets older, they stay the same age.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Best guess is that she went to University of Texas.  They throw up the "long horns" every chance they get.  Matthew McConaughey is always on campus with their football team even though he graduated decades ago.

Oh that's good. I wasn't sure if it was some weird white nationalism thing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

So this suggest only; if and ONLY IF the events unfolded as suggested or reported in the incident

That two of Trumps staffers assaulted or potentially assaulted a (potentially only) potential former military member who has either retired from service or been wounded in the line of duty, all so their asshole can throw a wreath on a grave for people he couldn't give a fuck about while smiling giving a thumbs up and using it as a campaign endorsement which is directly against federal laws governing the ANC site.

He, and most politicians, couldn't give a squirt of piss about the actual wreath laying.  They just want the photo op. 

What is really really irritating me with this is that he was their commander in chief and should know better.  If they roughed up a vet in the process, his aides should be charged with a crime.

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

And yes, the young lady to assholes right in that image is 100% using Dio's original devils horns which he first sed on stage in 79, taken from his italian grandmother which is a sign used to ward off evil spirits.  ironic considering who she is standing next to, but also symbolic considering where she is standing.

Ronnie James Dio was known for popularizing the sign of the horns in heavy metal. He claimed his Italian grandmother used it to ward off the evil eye (which is known in Italy as malocchio). Dio began using the sign soon after joining the metal band Black Sabbath in 1979.

Thats what I said, but I think Sabres reason makes sense.

Some dumb football team does it too.

He, and most politicians, couldn't give a squirt of piss about the actual wreath laying.  They just want the photo op. 

What is really really irritating me with this is that he was their commander in chief and should know better.  If they roughed up a vet in the process, his aides should be charged with a crime.

He also should be  charged with a crime for ordering it under the RICO laws.

10 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I don’t give them a pass either as the wreath laying was for 12 other families as well. Kind of gross for this one family to foist politics on the others at a solemn event honouring their loved ones.

I wouldn't do it myself because I think it's in poor taste, but I can't tell others how to remember their loved ones.

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I wouldn't do it myself because I think it's in poor taste, but I can't tell others how to remember their loved ones.

Thats why there are rules.

A set of guidelines on how to act appropriately.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He also should be  charged with a crime for ordering it under the RICO laws.

You wouldn't need a racketeering charge if he ordered it.

If it happened the way it was reported, it was likely his sycophants trying to "protect" their leader.

It's not likely to go anywhere, but if enough of these incidents happen, his military base could start having 2nd thoughts about voting for him.

At a military funeral, a private gets the same honor guard and gun salute that a president would get.  They take this stuff seriously.

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

First time I saw it was when Frank Lorenzo used the “Sicilian curse” on Archie back in ‘71

IMG_1751.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Thats why there are rules.

A set of guidelines on how to act appropriately.

In any civilized society there are rules.  And in the US, you can trespass people from properties if they don't follow them.  If they refuse to leave, they go to jail.

If it happened the way it was reported, it was likely his sycophants trying to "protect" their leader.

It's not likely to go anywhere, but if enough of these incidents happen, his military base could start having 2nd thoughts about voting for him.

At a military funeral, a private gets the same honor guard and gun salute that a president would get.  They take this stuff seriously.

It'll get buried deep in the back pages of the New York Times I'd guess in terms of "news".  There's one law for the plebs & there's one law for Herr VonnSh*tsHisPants.

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

It'll get buried deep in the back pages of the New York Times I'd guess in terms of "news".  There's one law for the plebs & there's one law for Herr VonnSh*tsHisPants.

It's election season and they want clicks and eyeballs.  They'll investigate it and try and make a blurb out of it.  Or they'll wait and see if it goes anywhere and if it does, write an article.

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

It's election season and they want clicks and eyeballs.  They'll investigate it and try and make a blurb out of it.  Or they'll wait and see if it goes anywhere and if it does, write an article.

Dotard is/was like Corey Perry in his prime.  Commit so many minor infractions on the ice, the refs are only going to call so many of them.  Perry was very effective at this.

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Dotard is/was like Corey Perry in his prime.  Commit so many minor infractions on the ice, the refs are only going to call so many of them.  Perry was very effective at this.

No doubt.  He has to be careful with these kinds though because both current military and veterans take this kind of stuff extremely seriously.  I wasn't kidding when I said that they give a private the same kind of deference that they would give a president during a funeral.

Edited by Sabrefan1

12 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Would definitely be smart to show clips of him mocking POWs and minimizing the importance of the medal of honor.  I've never seen anyone so disrespectful of the military as this draft dodging coward.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Would definitely be smart to show clips of him mocking POWs and minimizing the importance of the medal of honor.  I've never seen anyone so disrespectful of the military as this draft dodging coward.

I don't remember him doing it in front of a video camera.  I know that there are first hand accounts though.  He no doubt still has a fair amount of bruising from that.

11 hours ago, Outsiders said:

It's a complete embarrassment she's even running. Can people not see she's had 3.5 years at the helm (as anyone in their right mind knows Biden wasn't steering the ship) She has done absolutely nothing but run the USA into the ground.  Its so crazy to me that people just dislike Trump so much that they have the blinders on to just how bad they are being screwed. So sad. They believe everything they read through the media who has a left wing agenda. It's pathetic but the most pathetic thing of all is they are the most undemocratic party despite them believing they are "saving democracy" I mean FFS they wont even run a primary to allow their constituents to vote for who they want to run for office. 

I challenge the left in here to actually tell me what policies they are voting for.  It seems most are just motivated by emotion to hate the man on the other side and vote left only out of spite

Well I don't get to vote, but if I did, it would be for a woman's right to make her own health care and reproductive choices, action on Climate Change and support of Ukraine, rather than Russia.

That's just off the top of my head and without spending any time thinking about it....otherwise, that list would be a lot longer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Well I don't get to vote, but if I did, it would be for a woman's right to make her own health care and reproductive choices, action on Climate Change and support of Ukraine, rather than Russia.

That's just off the top of my head and without spending any time thinking about it....otherwise, that list would be a lot longer.

did he think it was a hard question? 

• Cheers 2

Thing is, both Harris and TRUMP would need Congress to approve their proposals.  

Funny how its TRUMP's alma mater that provided this analysis.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/08/27/trump-harris-budget-deficit-economy-election.html

Trump budget would spike deficits by nearly 5 times Harris proposal, says Penn Wharton

• Republican Donald Trump’s economic proposals would increase federal deficits by almost five times more over the next decade than those of Democratic nominee Vice President Kamala Harris, per two reports by the Penn Wharton Budget Model.
  • Harris has proposed raising corporate taxes to pay for her plan while Trump has put forward a hardline tariff policy on all imports, including higher rates for China.
  • The Trump and Harris campaigns are in a race to paint the other side as an economic danger, each trying to win over voters fatigued by the higher cost of living.

5 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Thing is, both Harris and TRUMP would need Congress to approve their proposals.  

Funny how its TRUMP's alma mater that provided this analysis.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/08/27/trump-harris-budget-deficit-economy-election.html

Trump budget would spike deficits by nearly 5 times Harris proposal, says Penn Wharton

• Republican Donald Trump’s economic proposals would increase federal deficits by almost five times more over the next decade than those of Democratic nominee Vice President Kamala Harris, per two reports by the Penn Wharton Budget Model.
  • Harris has proposed raising corporate taxes to pay for her plan while Trump has put forward a hardline tariff policy on all imports, including higher rates for China.
  • The Trump and Harris campaigns are in a race to paint the other side as an economic danger, each trying to win over voters fatigued by the higher cost of living.

The interesting thing about this, is that Dolt 45 always brags about having attended Wharton....

Looks like yet another "F" for "businessman president" from The Wharton School of Business. :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

In any civilized society there are rules.  And in the US, you can trespass people from properties if they don't follow them.  If they refuse to leave, they go to jail.

I know a lot of dudes with your attitude... where I work.