US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Arrest them then…

That's what Sab wants.

People to do whatever, if they are breaking the rules just call the cops.

Can you imagine if everyone viewed all rules like that. It's nonsense Pete and you're just bouncing along with it.

Man, we would have a lot of 'residents in our care and custody'  (yep, thats the new PC term for inmate) at work if the world was like that. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I know a lot of dudes with your attitude... where I work.

I hope so.  If you are somewhere where you shouldn't be and refuse to leave, you are trespassing.  It's a misdemeanor that's often dropped the first time around if you are cooperative during and after the fact, but if you are habitual in your offending, they eventually will begin to stick and you'll start racking up a criminal record.

59 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Does it bother you that they contravened Arlington regulations?  Are you losing sleep over it?

I’m just calling it the way I see it.  @Sabrefan1 is American and seemed to feel the same way as me. 

I'm annoyed, but not surprised.  I've seen politicians do this many times before.  They give fine speeches but can't be bothered with actual veterans issues.  They often have to be shamed into taking care of current and former military.

51 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I sleep just fine and then I wake up and call it as I see it.  (Why are you so triggered?)

Sabrefan1 is indeed an American and is therefore the only voice on these matters we should listen to I suppose.  😉

I'm not a vet.  My opinion on this matter and a nickel will leave you with exactly a nickel.

• Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

it's almost like you two pick which rules you agree with.

OH MY GOD, I HAVE VARYING OPINIONS ON SEPARATE ISSUES THAT DON'T FOLLOW WHAT MY IDEOLOGICAL COMPATRIOTS TELL ME TO FOLLOW!

I'm a rule picking bastard! 

I'm running late for an appointment.  I'll be back online later...

26 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm annoyed, but not surprised.  I've seen politicians do this many times before.  They give fine speeches but can't be bothered with actual veterans issues.  They often have to be shamed into taking care of current and former military.

I'm not a vet.  My opinion on this matter and a nickel will leave you with exactly a nickel.

As long as it's a US nickel and not a Trudeau nickel.😉

MAGA = automatic member of Mensa 🤣

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

When you write like this, I hear it in Peewee Herman's voice.

Maybe they're really a boot-licking billionaire-apologist that is also a pro-fuck Trudeau and an anti-government bastard child of PWH? :hurhur:

Or not.  Or maybe even a selection thereof.  Some of the above?  None of the above?  No skin off my back regardless.  I just think of them as a misguided thinks-they-know-it-all that, in Cantonese, "又要威, 又要帶頭盔".  🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It seems he had permission from a few of the family members that were there the other day. I have no idea about the other 11 families. Did they say no?  

Wasn’t Biden the President when the US officially withdrew from Afghanistan?  What were the terms involved when Biden pulled the plug?  Was it the plan to keep all that equipment there?  Are you saying Biden had zero responsibility for the deaths of those 13 soldiers?  Seems at least 2 of the families don’t blame Trump. What did the other 11 have to say?

but it doesn't appear like families can give permission. 

49 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

OH MY GOD, I HAVE VARYING OPINIONS ON SEPARATE ISSUES THAT DON'T FOLLOW WHAT MY IDEOLOGICAL COMPATRIOTS TELL ME TO FOLLOW!

I'm a rule picking bastard! 

I'm running late for an appointment.  I'll be back online later...

You are not a bastard imo. ( though I dont know if your parents were married when they had you😉)

I understand now that you reserve the right to respect certain rules over others. Thank you for that.

Careful with the all caps though, Petey might call you triggered. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Haha 2

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Then arrest those corrupt MAGA supporters. Bishop should do the honours really. 

he probably could if he felt like it. 

This seems more like a group that felt entitled to break the rules of the military cemetery, and give a guy just doing his job an unnecessary hard time. Pretty lame, not sure why you'd want to defend that. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

This will win over more women voters 😂

‘She Can Go To Hell!’ JD Vance Drops Unhinged Attack On Kamala Harris

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/she-can-go-to-hell-jd-vance-drops-unhinged-attack-on-kamala-harris/

"13 brave, innocent Americans died and they died because Kamala Harris refused to do her job.”

Since it appears to be fair game to just make shit up....methinks JD has lost the high ground on the couch fucker story.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Oh, stop with your juvenile sarcasm. Hyperbole only makes you petulant and whiny and does nothing to persuade anyone that you have a point. When you write like this, I hear it in Peewee Herman's voice.

Darn, I should have posted a Trump meme instead. Would have been much less juvenile for sure. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

As long as it's a US nickel and not a Trudeau nickel.😉

MAGA = automatic member of Mensa 🤣

I want to pick on them, but it's a mistake many who are too lazy to read past the headline could make.  This is the US.  We have way too many people that are lazy and just read the headlines of a story.

I know that sounds condescending, but I've seen it happen all too often here.

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

You are not a bastard imo. ( though I dont know if your parents were married when they had you😉)

😆

I understand now that you reserve the right to respect certain rules over others. Thank you for that.

I'll be honest.  I have no clue what you guys are talking about.  I just wanted to be obnoxious and was putting off leaving for my appointments.  😂

Careful with the all caps though, Petey might call you triggered. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7iFRyKI3EIAjx2uNZ5ZD

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I want to pick on them, but it's a mistake many who are too lazy to read past the headline could make.  This is the US.  We have way too many people that are lazy and just read the headlines of a story.

I know that sounds condescending, but I've seen it happen all too often here.

Really doing what they can to close that gender gap...........

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

Really doing what they can to close that gender gap...........

Yikes.

Vance probably paused knowing that this could come back to bite him in the ass in the future, but couldn't come up with an alternate way to proceed so he made the stupid choice.

He's now tied in with MAGA.  Too late to turn back now.

• ThereItIs 1