US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

So I guess there is no client confidentiality then.  Sidney can sing sing sing.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4270023-trump-claims-powell-never-his-attorney-after-georgia-plea/

Trump claims Sidney Powell was ‘never’ his attorney following lawyer’s Georgia plea deal

• Like 2

10 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4270023-trump-claims-powell-never-his-attorney-after-georgia-plea/

Trump claims Sidney Powell was ‘never’ his attorney following lawyer’s Georgia plea deal

I guess he has run out of creative lies and is now resorting to those a 3 year old uses. 'Wasn't me' 

Just because you don't pay them doesn't mean they weren't your lawyer you turd....

Edited by Gnarcore
grammar
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

That's funny. She was my campaign lawyer, not my lawyer lawyer.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump calls himself a 'genius' for realizing U.S. and 'us' are the same letters

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-genius-us-us/

At this point, I don't know whether to be tired of hearing about Trump or whether to be eating popcorn while hearing about Trump.

It's really turned into more of a comedian act (that's actually somehow real in the dumbest possible way) than it is anything else in my opinion.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Looks like Alabama won't be the only state going to the Supreme Court in an effort to enact extremely Gerrymandered voting districts....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/sheer-insanity-nc-republicans-on-track-to-pass-gerrymandered-map-erasing-4-democratic-districts/ar-AA1iKS7S?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d7f20e45e19142b4a5cc033ce02c8c89&ei=16

Republicans in North Carolina appear poised to pass one of the most extreme redistricting maps in the US, with little in the way of opposition.

Last week, WUNC reported that Republicans' proposed new maps are much more favorable to the GOP than the court-drawn maps used in 2022, which split representation evenly with both Democrats and Republicans having seven House seats apiece. The new proposed maps would instead give Republicans 10 safe seats, carve out three safe seats for Democrats, and give Republicans the advantage in a red-leaning district. Cook Political Report senior editor Dave Wasserman posted on X that the new maps would effectively eliminate four Democratic districts.

In addition to the advantages the new proposed maps would give Republicans in Congress, the maps would also lock in Republicans' majorities in the North Carolina legislature, likely for the remainder of the decade. Democratic state representative Lindsey Prather responded to the new proposed maps by calling for an independent redistricting process.

"I want to take a second & acknowledge the sheer insanity that is #ncpol," Rep. Prather posted, using the hashtag for North Carolina politics. "We need nonpartisan, independent redistricting. We shouldn't be waiting w/bated breath for maps that were drawn in secret. This shouldn't be exciting. It should be a boring thing that happens every 10 years."

While Democratic Governor Roy Cooper is expected to veto the maps, Republicans have a large enough legislative majority to override him, meaning the federal judiciary is the only remaining hurdle the maps need to clear in order to go into effect.

Even though conservatives in the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) has a 6-3 majority, the Court struck down a gerrymandered Congressional map in Alabama, forcing Republicans to have at least two House districts for residents of predominantly Black counties. Republicans initially attempted to resist the Court's order, but SCOTUS had a special master draw a map with two districts for its Black residents, who make up roughly 1/4 of the state's population.

• Thanks 1

Trump compares himself to Nelson Mandela, fantasizes about punching Biden during New Hampshire pop up for GOP primary

https://nypost.com/2023/10/23/news/trump-files-new-hampshire-before-campaign-rally/

Trump Bizarrely Declares ‘I Was Never Indicted’ After Being Indicted Four Times

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-bizarrely-declares-i-was-never-indicted-after-being-indicted-four-times/

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Ivanka must choose between daddy and perjury because she will most likely lose in her efforts to quash a subpoena requiring her immediate testimony.

Letitia James wants to know why she paid 8.5 million for a penthouse in her daddy’s Park Avenue apartment building when the the apartment was allegedly valued at 20,282,000.

I’m betting the market placed her purchase at the value of the property at that time. Ivanka knew the property was worth far less and Trump is probably too cheap to give his daughter a discount… if he did the question then becomes did she pay taxes on that discount.

She is going to lose and will be forced to testify and she is really stuck. Trump wouldn’t take a hit for his daughter, the question is will she take one for him or will she nail him.

Her testimony if honest will only prove that Trump has inflated values on his property and will further prove that he commits fraud in his valuations

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is some of the details of the Ellis plea.

So another 5 year probation.  I wonder how many of the 15 that are left are looking hard at reaching a plea deal for probation.  

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/former-trump-attorney-jenna-ellis-reaches-plea-deal-georgia-election-interference-case/L4QBNXO2UJA7NBZQHGYVBLDS6M/

Jenna Ellis, former Trump attorney, reaches plea deal in Georgia election interference case

Ellis pleaded guilty to one count of aiding and abetting false statements, according to Fulton County court documents.

The former attorney was sentenced to five years probation, 100 hours of community service, must pay $5,000 restitution and write an apology letter. She will also have to testify if the state calls her.

• Thanks 3

By now a lot of you likely know I'm a Trump hating left winger, but I  just saw the lines below in a CNN article and wonder if there isn't some truth to them.  The Sadow mentioned is Steve Sadow, Ellis' lawyer.

In exchange for Ellis’ cooperation, prosecutors dropped her original two charges, including a violation of Georgia’s racketeering law known as RICO. 

“For the fourth time, Fani Willis and her prosecution team have dismissed the RICO charge in return for a plea to probation,” Sadow said. “What that shows is this so-called RICO case is nothing more than a bargaining chip for DA Willis.”

51 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

It's 100% true. Though not all of the RICO charges will be dismissed. The RICO charges against Trump, Giuliani etc won't be dismissed.

Willis has created a very good game plan and is executing it to perfection. I suspect Willis is a chess player. Sacrificing Pawns in order to nail the King. Now that's some 3D chess. 😆

Well, he thinks he's a King....

More of a "Rook", if you ask me.....

• Haha 1