US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

56 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

The spokesperson detailed the events of August 26: “Participants in the August 26th ceremony and the subsequent Section 60 visit were made aware of federal laws, Army regulations and DoD policies, which clearly prohibit political activities on cemetery grounds. An ANC employee who attempted to ensure adherence to these rules was abruptly pushed aside. Consistent with the decorum expected at ANC, this employee acted with professionalism and avoided further disruption. The incident was reported to the JBM-HH police department, but the employee subsequently decided not to press charges. Therefore, the Army considers this matter closed.”

The Army has also expressed regret over the incident and emphasized that the cemetery staff’s professionalism has been unfairly criticized. Arlington National Cemetery remains a revered site, and its staff will continue to uphold the dignity and respect owed to the nation’s fallen heroes.

“This incident was unfortunate, and it is also unfortunate that the ANC employee and her professionalism has been unfairly attacked,” the Army stated. “ANC is a national shrine to the honored dead of the Armed Forces, and its dedicated staff will continue to ensure public ceremonies are conducted with the dignity and respect the nation’s fallen deserve.”

This has got to be the worst campaign ever run in the history of mankind lol. No respect from Trump and his crew for the dead and the military, yet again.

Go make your tiktok video dancing on the graves of people far braver than you are DJT 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, it would have been one thing to have Harris able to attack Trump and garner momentum, but Trump's also doing it to himself. It's almost extraordinary to watch at this point.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Yeah, it would have been one thing to have Harris able to attack Trump and garner momentum, but Trump's also doing it to himself. It's almost extraordinary to watch at this point.

better for her to not use veterans to attack Trump. Let him do it all to himself. 

15 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree 100%.  This would never pass through Congress.  Which is why I said good luck with this in my original post…

Trust me, I am in the same situation.  My income is never the same and the CRA politely asks me for my tax instalment every quarter and forces me to pay it based on my previous year’s income regardless whether my income has changed or not.  And when you get the refund there is no interest attached to it.  So the government borrowed your money for free for one year whereas you could have invested that money into the market and made interest or capital gains on it.  So I know the deal.

There would be volatility in the market IMO.  We all know the rich people are the market makers and control when the markets go up and down.  I’m just waiting to find out what Buffett is going to be doing with that $278 billion in cash.  Is he saving it for a special occasion? 

You can reduce the installment payments if you think that your income is going to be lower in a given year. As long as your instalments are sufficient to pay your tax bill, CRA won’t charge you interest on deficient installments. You just have to forecast properly, and you’ll get to use your money instead of CRA. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

better for her to not use veterans to attack Trump. Let him do it all to himself. 

"Never interrupt an enemy when he's making a mistake" - Napoleon Bonaparte 

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The story isn't even really new. I actually posted this like a month ago I don't think anyone noticed, but it is back in the cycle, anyways. 

https://justthenews.com/world/middle-east/taliban-gets-239-million-aid-after-bad-state-dept-vetting

here's a link from 2023 that's basically foreshadowing this report

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/19/politics/afghanistan-congress-watchdog-hearing/index.html

It's wild how they know there's little vetting, they know the money is going to the Taliban, yet the checks keep flowing.

It’s also wild that Trump met with the Taliban and invited them to Washington. 

Harris just did her first interview and couldn't even make it through a staged interview.🤣  They had to cut it short and wont release the whole thing. Word salad as usual. I feel bad for her, she clearly doesn't like public speaking and is uncomfortable. I guess that's what happens when your party doesn't do primaries and just puts you in charge. How people think she is fit to run the country is perplexing.

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Harris just did her first interview and couldn't even make it through a staged interview.🤣  They had to cut it short and wont release the whole thing. Word salad as usual. I feel bad for her, she clearly doesn't like public speaking and is uncomfortable. I guess that's what happens when your party doesn't do primaries and just puts you in charge. How people think she is fit to run the country is perplexing.

And how do you know all this?   Were you in the studio or do you have spies?

13 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

And how do you know all this?   Were you in the studio or do you have spies?

Lol just ignore, it's probably clam again.

It's meaningless word salads trying to incite reactions. Every response you give is another hit of the bong to him.

23 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Duh.....its a special on TV.

Why would they release it before it is on in prime time.

Trump logic?

43 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Lol just ignore, it's probably clam again.

It's meaningless word salads trying to incite reactions. Every response you give is another hit of the bong to him.

Yep not worth responding to.  

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

Compared to a child molesting Nazi with a severe mental handicap, I think she is doing just fine.

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Duh.....its a special on TV.

Why would they release it before it is on in prime time.

Trump logic?

Gotta get out infront to control that narrative