US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

This interview is the definition of having an interview so people shut up about her not doing an interview. 

Complete non needle mover at best. 

Edited by 24K

1 minute ago, 24K said:

This interview is the definition of having an interview so people shut up about not having an interview. 

But this statement stands out like a beacon in the night.

Can ANY GOP member or recent president claim they'd do the same?

U.S. Vice-President Kamala Harris says she'd find a place in her cabinet for a Republican if elected president, though she told CNN in a sit-down interview that she didn't have a specific individual in mind.

"Yes, I would," Harris said Thursday, when asked by CNN's Dana Bash if she would appoint a Republican to a cabinet position.

"I think it's important to have people at the table — when some of the most important decisions are being made — that have different views, different experiences," said Harris, who was being interviewed alongside her running mate, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz.

"And I think it would be to the benefit of the American public to have a member of my cabinet who was a Republican."

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

U.S. Vice-President Kamala Harris says she'd find a place in her cabinet for a Republican if elected president, though she told CNN in a sit-down interview that she didn't have a specific individual in mind.

"Yes, I would," Harris said Thursday, when asked by CNN's Dana Bash if she would appoint a Republican to a cabinet position.

"I think it's important to have people at the table — when some of the most important decisions are being made — that have different views, different experiences," said Harris, who was being interviewed alongside her running mate, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz.

"And I think it would be to the benefit of the American public to have a member of my cabinet who was a Republican."

Dude no voters care about any of that.

No one is gonna go vote for her just because she is open to having a Republican in the cabinet.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

Dude no voters care about any of that.

No one is gonna go vote for her just because she is open to having a Republican in the cabinet.

Dude, if no voters care about a potential leader that is stating they will refuse to simply acede policy directly across party lines and will work for the entirety of the population by including politicians of every stripe in their cabinet.

Then they're fucking idiots.

It means a lot.

As for nobody voting for her just because she would have some GOP members in her cabinet.  Oh well eh, looks like the polls show they'd vote for her just because she's not Trump.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The obvious issue being,  any republican accepting a postion would risk being immediately ostracized by the cult and thus out of a job. She'd probably have to pick someone this already happened to like Kinzinger or Cheney. 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Dude, if no voters care about a potential leader that is stating they will refuse to simply acede policy directly across party lines and will work for the entirety of the population by including politicians of every stripe in their cabinet.

Then they're fucking idiots.

It means a lot.

It means nothing to voters. Expectation is always the winning party pick their own party members to fill the cabinet. 

Would you suddenly be open to vote for pp if he promise that he will have a Liberal in his cabinet? Heck forget 1, how about 30%? 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

As for nobody voting for her just because she would have some GOP members in her cabinet.  Oh well eh, looks like the polls show they'd vote for her just because she's not Trump.

That is my grip. Harris and the Dems are now firmly on the side of hoping that people will vote for her cause she ain't Biden or Trump. 

She has provided zero game changing reason on why voters should vote for her. 

Her left flank is completely demoralized now. Calculation they are making is enough of her left will go vote for her just because they hate Trump while hoping never Trumpers actually go vote for Harris to more than offset the Dems left flank who may just sit out. 

11 minutes ago, 24K said:

It means nothing to voters. Expectation is always the winning party pick their own party members to fill the cabinet. 

Would you suddenly be open to vote for pp if he promise that he will have a Liberal in his cabinet? Heck forget 1, how about 30%? 

That is my grip. Harris and the Dems are now firmly on the side of hoping that people will vote for her cause she ain't Biden or Trump. 

Her left flank is completely demoralized now. Calculation they are making is enough of her left will go vote for her just because they hate Trump while hoping never Trumpers actually go vote for Harris to more than offset the Dems left flank who may just sit out. 

Time will tell. I just don't see it this way.

Considering too the blind spot of Trump's disrespectful conduct at Arlington and the report by Wharton saying Trump policies will incur 5x the deficit compared to Harris' proposal. It's time to stop seeing this from the lense that only one side needs to do the homework. The Progressive Left sees this they know more than just policy is on the ballot here. They are energized by the vote on abortion, equal rights for all and the future Supreme Court balance.

Sure, theres some radical fringe pro Gaza leftists. I just don't see this as a big deal, those didn't move the needle, it's not what moves the electorate this election.

But time will tell. Nothing we say here influences anything thank goodness haha 

Edited by DSVII

8 minutes ago, 24K said:

No, she hasn't provided a reason for YOU to vote for her. You already have your mind made up, yet you criticize her for not being able to change your mind? Brilliant. Carry on.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Time will tell. I just don't see it this way.

Considering too the blind spot of Trump's disrespectful conduct at Arlington and the report by Wharton saying Trump policies will incur 5x the deficit compared to Harris' proposal. It's time to stop seeing this from the lense that only one side needs to do the homework. The Progressive Left sees this. Sure. Barring some radical fringe pro Gaza leftists. I just don't see this as a big deal, those didn't move the needle, it's not what moves the electorate this election.

But time will tell.

Your whole argument by bringing up Trump proves my point. 

She has provided no compelling reason to vote for her other than she ain't Trump. 

Is it enough to win, sure. Is it going to deliver the landslide to end MAGA once and for all, probably not. 

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

No, she hasn't provided a reason for YOU to vote for her. You already have your mind made up, yet you criticize her for not being able to change your mind? Brilliant. Carry on.

Her job right now is to literally change my and others mind. 

Edited by 24K

Just now, 24K said:

Your whole argument by bringing up Trump proves my point. 

She has provided no compelling reason to vote for her other than she ain't Trump. 

Is it enough to win, sure. Is it going to deliver the landslide to end MAGA once and for all, probably not. 

I highly doubt there's going to be a landslide. The GOP is very well inoculated from consequences from their base.

We just disagree on the best way to approach that. You seem to be advocating for the traditional vanilla approach that plays to the GOP strengths of giving them things to latch onto to control the narrative.

I really think the best strategy is to give Trump nothing to swing on and have him be his worst enemy and just self destruct. It seems to be working so far in enlarging her lead in national polls.

This isn't a traditional election. Expect some unconventional approaches. And it's not just them being "not trump". That's hasn't been the main vibe at all. It's more systematic than Trump. It's about protecting the rights of their present and future. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

Her job right now is to literally change my and others mind. 

Isn't protecting women's rights and the constitution compelling enough reason for you?

I'm assuming you are under no illusion what a Trump presidency entails.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Isn't protecting women's rights and the constitution compelling enough reason for you?

I'm assuming you are under no illusion what a Trump presidency entails.

Dude to be 100% clear if I have the vote I will vote for her. Actually maybe not cause my potential vote doesn't matter where I live. 

Trump would be a disaster for the economy and to even mention women's right. 

Problem is most voters don't see hiw Trump would be bad for the economy due to entrenched narrative that the right is always good for the economy despite all evidence. Issue is Biden's economy ain't all roses for the average worker. 

As much women's right is important to you or me, a lot of Americans particularly men don't give a shit about it. Those people need a better reason to vote for Harris. She need to separate from Biden and provide bold policy that will significantly improve their lives to win them over.

She ain't doing that right now. She is literally running on standard Dem policy that is put out election after election and she lack Obama like charisma to make that work like in 2012. 

Just now, CBH1926 said:

So, who are you voting for in November?

Lol not a citizen so can't vite and even if I can, I am writing down Biden for the lolzs. My vote don't matter in ruby red Idaho. 

3 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Harris just did her first interview and couldn't even make it through a staged interview.🤣  They had to cut it short and wont release the whole thing. Word salad as usual. I feel bad for her, she clearly doesn't like public speaking and is uncomfortable. I guess that's what happens when your party doesn't do primaries and just puts you in charge. How people think she is fit to run the country is perplexing.

Oh yeah, she definitely pales in comparison when it comes to greatest orator of all times DJT.

Cicero, Pericles, MLK got nothing on him.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

Lol not a citizen so can't vite and even if I can, I am writing down Biden for the lolzs. My vote don't matter in ruby red Idaho. 

Idaho, what are you doing over there?

You don’t sound like a potato farmer or some anti government nut job.

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Idaho, what are you doing over there?

You don’t sound like a potato farmer or some anti government nut job.

Work. Probably due to cheap land but semiconductor company love red states. 

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Work. Probably due to cheap land but semiconductor company love red states. 

Oh yeah, isn’t Micron located in Idaho?

I drove through portion of Idaho on my way to Yellowstone back in 2012.

We stopped at Rexburg if I remember correctly.

3 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Harris just did her first interview and couldn't even make it through a staged interview.🤣  They had to cut it short and wont release the whole thing. Word salad as usual. I feel bad for her, she clearly doesn't like public speaking and is uncomfortable. I guess that's what happens when your party doesn't do primaries and just puts you in charge. How people think she is fit to run the country is perplexing.

You're putting an emphasis on a person being a good leader because they can or can not talk to a camera or interviewer.

Think real hard about that.  Because her competition is also absolutely awful and just fills the air with empty noises until people tune him out like a drunk uncle at a holiday event.

As for "cutting it short" that is not exactly how that works as the entire thing is open and online to see.  The only people saying it was cut short or controversial are places like Off Topic show on youtube (yikes) or various crappy right wing whiners on twitter.

Full transcript: https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/29/politics/harris-walz-interview-read-transcript/index.html

Took me less than 4 seconds to find it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Oh yeah, isn’t Micron located in Idaho?

Yep. Crazy amount of construction going on there thanks to chip. Literally bringing back manufacturing jobs back to the US thanks to Biden. Though probably a higher bar of entry than your typical consumer good manufacturing. 

11 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I drove through portion of Idaho on my way to Yellowstone back in 2012.

We stopped at Rexburg if I remember correctly.

Yep that sliver of Yellowstone in Idaho. Idaho is truly beautiful but too bad thr most beautiful place is crowded with neo nazis. 

1 hour ago, 24K said:

Why do you think she's using it as a way to get votes?  Wasn't she answering a question?

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why do you think she's using it as a way to get votes?  Wasn't she answering a question?

I am saying it ain't some sort of game changer that will win her votes like warhippy is trying to suggest. 

24 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You're putting an emphasis on a person being a good leader because they can or can not talk to a camera or interviewer.

Think real hard about that.  Because her competition is also absolutely awful and just fills the air with empty noises until people tune him out like a drunk uncle at a holiday event.

As for "cutting it short" that is not exactly how that works as the entire thing is open and online to see.  The only people saying it was cut short or controversial are places like Off Topic show on youtube (yikes) or various crappy right wing whiners on twitter.

Full transcript: https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/29/politics/harris-walz-interview-read-transcript/index.html

Took me less than 4 seconds to find it.

Haven’t had time to read the transcript yet but what did she have to say about the important stuff that Americans want to know like batteries and sharks or Hannibal Lector or how many times she has to flush the toilet?

• Haha 1