US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

If she would just shove the microphone down his throat or hit him with it …

she’d make millions overnight .

Were leading the Internet 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Another shameless photo op for Herr Vonn Sh*tsHisPants:

🥸

I hope this becomes a thing.......photo shopping his grinning face and stupid thumbs up into inappropriate spots in history.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

RDT_20240831_1424567020834725642456134.jpg

the fact that she is willing to take on a Republican in her cabinet is not only a great idea,.   But a massive move to have true patriotic Rep voters to cross over with her .

I do not doubt that a Canadian Government would work well with her on cross border issues..

the war in UKraine has helped us realize how important it is to protect this continent from the destabilizing effects of Regimes and dictatorships that try to keep our 2 nations off balance.

HOMELAND SECURITY is a truly a topic for North America , this includes working with Mexico ..

where the best way to mitigate immigration from any country,

to levels of deserved fairness for entry, should be initiated first inside the countries immigrants originate from.

• Cheers 1

This one is not going away.

'I'm trying not to cry': Gold Star mom wounded by Trump's thumbs-up photo near son's grave

A Gold Star mother condemned Donald Trump for staging a campaign event just feet away from where her son is buried. Karen Meredith's son, First Lieutenant Kenneth Ballard, was laid to rest in Section 60 – known as the saddest acre in America – after he was killed in Najaf, Iraq, in 2004, and the California resident is angry that the former president and current Republican nominee recorded a video nearby to use for his re-election campaign, reported The Atlantic.

“It’s not a number, not a headstone,” Meredith said. “He was my only child.”

Trump took part in a wreath-laying ceremony honoring 13 American soldiers killed three years ago in a suicide bombing in Afghanistan, posed for a thumbs-up photo with two Gold Star families who spoke at the Republican National Convention and then shared video of the occasion on TikTok.

“We didn’t lose one person in 18 months," Trump says in the video's narration, "and then [the Biden administration] took over, that disaster of leaving Afghanistan.”

9 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

RDT_20240831_1424567020834725642456134.jpg

BREAKING: Family members of the 13 service members who died in the disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal absolutely demolish Kamala Harris.

The videos were shared by Trump on X in response to Kamala’s moral outrage over the Arlington “incident.”

The family members blamed Harris for the de*th’s of their children and said they invited Trump to the ceremony.

“Kamala, your statement is nothing more than a political spin to help you look better in your presidential campaign against Donald Trump.”

“You have never walked a single day in our shoes. Our kids were m*rdered because of your administration, and you are partly to blame for that as well.”

“What happened at Arlington was President Trump was invited by those families who have their soldiers buried at Arlington.”

27 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

BREAKING: Family members of the 13 service members who died in the disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal absolutely demolish Kamala Harris.

The videos were shared by Trump on X in response to Kamala’s moral outrage over the Arlington “incident.”

The family members blamed Harris for the de*th’s of their children and said they invited Trump to the ceremony.

“Kamala, your statement is nothing more than a political spin to help you look better in your presidential campaign against Donald Trump.”

“You have never walked a single day in our shoes. Our kids were m*rdered because of your administration, and you are partly to blame for that as well.”

“What happened at Arlington was President Trump was invited by those families who have their soldiers buried at Arlington.”

Why are you posting in defence of PO1135809 ? 

I am asking you to state here and now, if you had to vote for either trump or Harris, who would you vote for ?  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Why are you posting in defence of PO1135809 ? 

I am asking you to state here and now, if you had to vote for either trump or Harris, who would you vote for ?  

Why are you so defensive when facts you don’t like are presented?  I’m simply calling out the bs…

Aren’t you doing the same thing in the Hamas thread, calling out the bs on the Israeli side?  

36 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Demolished. Fml. I'm not clicking on any of your links for what it's worth. This is the second time you've posted a story that mentions 13 service members, yet after digging into your original post it turns out it was the families of 2 of the service members. Now this one says the same thing. How many is it this time? 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Demolished. Fml. I'm not clicking on any of your links for what it's worth. This is the second time you've posted a story that mentions 13 service members, yet after digging into your original post it turns out it was the families of 2 of the service members. Now this one says the same thing. How many is it this time? 

It’s 7 of the families.  Why aren’t you respecting those 7 families Joey?

If you want I can post all 7 videos of these families from X…

Edited by Elias Pettersson

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why are you so defensive when facts you don’t like are presented?  I’m simply calling out the bs…

Aren’t you doing the same thing in the Hamas thread, calling out the bs on the Israeli side?  

I am not defensive.

No what aboutism Elias, I asked you a simple question.

If you had to vote for either trump or Harris, who would you vote for.

Simple answer please.

7 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I am not defensive.

No what aboutism Elias, I asked you a simple question.

If you had to vote for either trump or Harris, who would you vote for.

Simple answer please.

I wouldn’t vote for either one. They are both awful. Trump is literally going to prison on September 18. Kamala didn’t get a single vote in the primary in 2020. She was the first candidate to drop out of the race. She’s only around now because they dumped Joe to the side like a slab of beef after lying to the public about him for 2 years. Nobody actually voted for Kamala to be the Democratic nominee. If someone like Michelle Obama had run for office, she would win in a landslide. 

I’m not even convinced Kamala will survive until November. I think the Democrats might do a switcheroo before then. Quite possibly after Trump goes to prison. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It’s 7 of the families.  Why aren’t you respecting those 7 families Joey?

If you want I can post all 7 videos of these families from X…

Sure thing, please do. Your posts keep mentioning 13 service members, insinuating trump had permission and the support of all of them. I'm just trying to get the facts straight. 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I wouldn’t vote for either one. They are both awful. Trump is literally going to prison on September 18. Kamala didn’t get a single vote in the primary in 2020. She was the first candidate to drop out of the race. She’s only around now because they dumped Joe to the side like a slab of beef after lying to the public for 4 years. Nobody actually voted for Kamala to be the Democratic nominee. If someone like Michelle Obama had run for office, she would win in a landslide. 

I’m not even convinced Kamala will survive until November. I think the Democrats might do a switcheroo before then. Quite possibly after Trump goes to prison. 

So in a very tight race, where every vote could be important, you wouldn't vote for the candidate that has the only chance to stop a corrupt, sexual offender who threatens the very fabric of democracy itself, from regaining the presidency. 

And it is very unlikely that trump will go to prison.

While I share your disdain of politicians, what America decides in November will not only shape America, it will shape the world. 

No matter how you polish that turd, your posts come across as a defence of PO1135809.

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

So in a very tight race, where every vote could be important, you wouldn't vote for the candidate that has the only chance to stop a corrupt, sexual offender who threatens the very fabric of democracy itself, from regaining the presidency. 

And it is very unlikely that trump will go to prison.

While I share your disdain of politicians, what America decides in November will not only shape America, it will shape the world. 

No matter how you polish that turd, your posts come across as a defence of PO1135809.

And your posts in the Hamas thread come across as support for Hamas. See how this works Dave?  @Sabrefan1 isn’t voting for either of them either. He’s voting for Jill Stein. Which is exactly what I would do. Are you also going to call out @Sabrefan1 and say he’s helping Trump get elected by not voting for Kamala? 

@Sabrefan1 is not posting tweets that are in support of trump.

I am not posting articles or opinions that are in support of Hamas'. 

You are posting tweets that are in support of trump.

See how this works Elias ? 

In any other election, I would vote for Jill Stein as well, however this election is too important to get it wrong.

There is too much on the line.

America and the world does not need another four years of trump.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Should have asked this before. Who do you think holds more responsibility for the bombing, Harris or trump?