US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Trump Shanks Latest GOP Speaker Nominee Tom Emmer in Utterly Devastating Fashion

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-shanks-latest-gop-speaker-nominee-tom-emmer-in-utterly-devastating-fashion/

I have many wonderful friends wanting to be Speaker of the House, and some are truly great Warriors. RINO Tom Emmer, who I do not know well, is not one of them.

He never respected the Power of a Trump Endorsement, or the breadth and scope of MAGA—MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! He fought me all the way, and actually spent more time defending Ilhan Omar, than he did me—He is totally out-of-touch with Republican Voters.

I believe he has now learned his lesson, because he is saying that he is Pro-Trump all the way, but who can ever be sure? Has he only changed because that’s what it takes to win? The Republican Party cannot take that chance, because that’s not where the America First Voters are.

Voting for a Globalist RINO like Tom Emmer would be a tragic mistake!

• Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump would say what he wanted his net worth to be — then statements would be manipulated to match, Cohen says

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-civil-fraud-trial-10-24-23/index.html

If this were any other multi-millionaire, people would look at this statement and say, GTFO....

But with Trump, I doubt there's a single person (even among his supporters) that doesn't believe this is true....

• Cheers 1

On 10/19/2023 at 9:36 PM, King Heffy said:

Treating a subhuman piece of garbage like Putin with respect isn't a good idea.  You can't appease vermin like that and expect positive results.  What you call engaging Nazis in a positive manner is what most people would call treason. 

Putin is the rootin-est, tootin-est Rasputin-est vermin in the Kremlin.

Looney Tunes Animation GIF

Edited by Rob Eh
poet and i know it
  • Haha 1

Just now, the destroyer of worlds said:

The clown show continues.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67212260

Tom Emmer drops out of Speaker race before vote

Obviously didn't have the votes......he's the Whip, so he would know....

I keep waiting for them to put Bone Spurs name forth. My guess is that he'd be noncommittal, so he could always pretend he turned it down, if it turned out he couldn't get the votes.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I was wondering if the Dems would’ve/should’ve cut a deal. 

They probably should have, and it would have started with scrapping the Biden Impeachment nonsense.....

....but I think they're having too much fun watching the Republican dysfunction.....

• Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

They probably should have, and it would have started with scrapping the Biden Impeachment nonsense.....

....but I think they're having too much fun watching the Republican dysfunction.....

At this point the Biden impeachment nonsense is helping the dems more than it is hurting Biden. 

Why safe your enemy from itself?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

At this point the Biden impeachment nonsense is helping the dems more than it is hurting Biden. 

Why safe your enemy from itself?

I'm not so sure....

Obviously, Comer and his cronies have come off looking like morons, but a lot of American voters strike me as "where there's smoke, there's fire" believers....All it would take is a decent percentage of independents for this to cause problems for JB in a general election.

BTW: I should also mention that when ending the Impeachment Inquiry, the Repugs would also have to admit that it was due to lack of evidence.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm not so sure....

Obviously, Comer and his cronies have come off looking like morons, but a lot of American voters strike me as "where there's smoke, there's fire" believers....All it would take is a decent percentage of independents for this to cause problems for JB in a general election.

BTW: I should also mention that when ending the Impeachment Inquiry, the Repugs would also have to admit that it was due to lack of evidence.

Iirc a bunch of them have already admitted they don't care about the lack of evidence?

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

7 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Iirc a bunch of them have already admitted they don't care about the lack of evidence?

That isn't surprising. I think they're just trying to fool some people into believing the "both sides" garbage when it comes to Trump's indictments.

Sadly, some people seem to buy it....

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm not so sure....

People that already fall for the there is smoke there is fire already fell for it no matter if they continue or not.

The more they make a fool of themselves the more in the fence independents gonna break for the Dems in congress. May not help Biden but it sure does help the Dems in the house. 

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Walls are closing in on Trump. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Gurn said:

All these folk pleading guilty, is sure going to speed up the process of getting the big fish.

Should have it all wrapped up in a couple of months, at the rate things are starting to go. 🙂

I'll believe it when all the appeals are exhausted and the orange clown is under house arrest. 

But I have to wonder, the guy is 77 and obese. The stress on him must be immense and dangerous to his health, or is it? Can a person have such a pathological ego that they may actually be enjoying this process?

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'll believe it when all the appeals are exhausted and the orange clown is under house arrest. 

But I have to wonder, the guy is 77 and obese. The stress on him must be immense and dangerous to his health, or is it? Can a person have such a pathological ego that they may actually be enjoying this process?

I've read statements from 'anonymous sources close to Trump' that he is actually quite worried by all this and is well aware that it could mean jail time.   That's one reason why he's fighting so hard to get back into the White House and its' perceived sanctuary.  The other reason is just ego.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

57 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think Satchmo is correct. Trump is putting on the tough guy front, but he's actually scared sh!tless.

You're correct about appeals though...a big part of the strategy is to keep filing motions...waste time...anything to delay proceedings in the hope that he can run out the string, get elected and then kill all these Indictments and stay out of jail.

He'll still have to do something about the GA case, but I doubt any state judge will have the stones to put a sitting president in the slammer....

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Vintage 1

So she gets a plea deal where she gets no prison time.  Proceeds to share and have stuff shared in her name that could violate said plea deal.  And now, it is likely that much bigger fish who may provide better testimony have flipped.   Meaning that the DA likely doesn't really need her.  She got her deposition.  Likely has access to her communications.  The DA likely won't have to bend over backwards to preserve the plea.  

Don't pass go there kraken lady.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sidney-powell-doubt-election-results-attack-prosecutors-after-guilty-plea-2023-10?utm_source=reddit.com

Sidney Powell pushes claims that 2020 election was rigged and prosecutors 'extorted' her after she pleaded guilty to election interference

• Sidney Powell pleaded guilty to election interference in Georgia's criminal case last week.
  • On social media, she has continued to push claims that the 2020 election was rigged and prosecutors target conservatives.
  • Her organization's newsletter urged her followers to read an article arguing the DA "extorted a guilty plea from Powell."
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, 24K said:

Too bad. If there was one Repub that the Dem caucus could make a deal with, it is him. 

Others are not even worth starting a dialog. 

So, I've been doing a bit of reading on this and according to several reporters, the GQP hardliners were worried about this exact result. (Basically, working with the Dems is seen as the most Cardinal of sins)

They made sure Emmer candidacy was dead in the water, before such negotiations could even get started.

I don't see how this ends without a shit ton of infighting and backstabbing. Maybe they'll end up circling back to McCarthy.....

• Haha 1