US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I'm the grandson of an English Protestant and an Irish Catholic. Man the stories I heard about how close I came to never existing. 

You are living proof, that inspite of ideological beliefs, love can trump all, and good things come out of love.

26 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

This right there is the problem. Do you have any idea how many morons there are out there who believe this nonsense? And yes they should not be on the internet but they are. Constantly being spoon fed a steady diet of radical BS. This type of person has been a target of the Republican party for decades. This guy below nails it perfectly.....

Running a low IQ candidate started with George W Bush.  He was the original, "plain speaking" down home candidate that dumb folks could relate to.  It worked so well, he was a two term President

Republicans do such a grave disservice to their own country by fomenting this strategy for winning power.  Defund public schools, and keep teachers wages low, cut after school programs, ban books.  Buy up all the daytime talk radio, and then local TV stations, especially in the Red States and Swing States to barrage listeners with conspiracy theories and idiotic slander and lies about Democrats. Knowing stupid people will fall for it if its presented in a professional way and repeated on every RW media outlet, over and over. No matter how stupid and easily disproven their banter is.

But in the process, Republicans created an Idiocracy who's only purpose is to get themselves re-elected.  Meanwhile their country is dropping its educational standards down the toilet, compared to the rest of the world.  Hurting innovation, and advancements in their society.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, kilgore said:

But in the process, Republicans created an Idiocracy who's only purpose is to get themselves re-elected.  Meanwhile their country is dropping its educational standards down the toilet, compared to the rest of the world.  Hurting innovation, and advancements in their society.

And the Chinese couldn't be happier.

• ThereItIs 1

13 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Religion used in the way that it wasn't intended will always be a problem.  It's just that now that those same people that would have misused religion are now getting way too into politics and misusing that the same way.

Religion was the reason prohibition came in the first place if I recall (which led to the growth of organized crime.  Not the mafia as the cross dressing head of the FBI would say 😜).  And that close to a century ago.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Religion was the reason prohibition came in the first place if I recall (which led to the growth of organized crime.  Not the mafia as the cross dressing head of the FBI would say 😜).  And that close to a century ago.

I'm not crapping on religion.  I'm crapping on the people who use it for their own ends.  I'm a non-denominational Christian.  I have faith but organized denominations like Catholicism and Protestantism have their place, but they are too often controlled by people that continue to hurt other people and the religion that they are supposed to serve.

That said......

That's a glaring mistake on the Bill of Rights.  One amendment to ban it and another amendment to cancel out the original amendment.

Thank God the Founding Fathers made sure it was difficult to pass amendments or the 2 gangs that run our country would be passing and then squashing amendments on a regular basis.

Then you have the morons at the New York Times who want to do away with the Constitution altogether.  The one roadblock that keeps the government from becoming a party dictatorship.

46 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I wouldnt listen to a thing that dork ass says.

He has become one of the worst influences on the planet. A real sad piece of shit. 

Exactly.  The world would have been a better place if his parents had the decency to use birth control instead of having that worthless piece of trash.

• Cheers 1