US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, King Heffy said:

His wife and kids aren't considered part of his family now?

Well if his wife and kids didn’t support him he wouldn’t be running for VP. Also, that’s not really a side. 

His entire family he was born with are Trump supporters. That’s not a good look no matter how you want to spin it. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Well if his wife and kids didn’t support him he wouldn’t be running for VP. Also, that’s not really a side. 

His entire family he was born with are Trump supporters. That’s not a good look no matter how you want to spin it. 

Goering had a brother who rescued Jews during WWII.  No sense in holding Walz accountable for the crimes of his siblings; that's more of a DPRK thing.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There are tons of families that have divisions in their political beliefs.  Here's the Gosar family about their sibling (a R politician):

Edited by the destroyer of worlds

Does it matter?

Lots of Trumps fam  talk poorly of him. Seems like lots of these politicians piss off their families

Plus this dude is already walking it back a bit. 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/tim-walzs-family-endorses-trump-truth-behind-viral-photo/articleshow/113071205.cms

On 9/1/2024 at 2:36 PM, Sabrefan1 said:

I've said it before...   Cherry picking polls to paint your narrative with a headline many won't actually read past.  This time it's in favour of Trump.

Kamala Harris Trails Donald Trump in 5 New Battleground Polls

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/kamala-harris-trails-donald-trump-in-5-new-battleground-polls/ar-AA1pNpsU?ocid=msedgdhp

I agree that a lot of polls are "cherry picked". And I don't put too much stock into them, unless they're from a polling firm that I respect for it's impartiality. One of the  things that might make me question the methodology of the polling is when the second paragraph of the article starts with: "Surveys by Republican pollsters Trafalgar Group"....

At this point, all I know is that it's close....

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I wouldnt listen to a thing that dork ass says.

He has become one of the worst influences on the planet. A real sad piece of shit. 

Something something about the French and their guillotines.. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Does it matter?

Lots of Trumps fam  talk poorly of him. Seems like lots of these politicians piss off their families

Plus this dude is already walking it back a bit. 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/tim-walzs-family-endorses-trump-truth-behind-viral-photo/articleshow/113071205.cms

Well that picture of his entire family in a Trump shirt has just gone viral and will be used in every Trump ad. It’s not a good look if someone wants to be totally objective about it. 

RFK Jr. isn’t running for office, so it’s irrelevant what his family thinks. Also, his mother who is still alive did not come out against him. 

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Sure not a good look but it doesn't move the needle especially it is well known he is estranged from the rest of his non immediate family for like a decade.

No body cared rest of Trump's family is against him and the rest of the Kennedy's are against RFK Jr. Somehow this is a big deal is just disingenuous. Great red meat for the base I suppose. 

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Well that picture of his entire family in a Trump shirt has just gone viral and will be used in every Trump ad. It’s not a good look if someone wants to be totally objective about it. 

Won't make much difference given the fact that most Trump supporters can't read.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

RFK Jr. isn’t running for office, so it’s irrelevant what his family thinks. Also, his mother who is still alive did not come out against him. 

I hope people dont care.

Its far overdue time to stop treating Trump one way and the Dems another.

If nobody cares how much people ( and Fam) that truly know Trump think about how much of a shit he is.

Then why should this resonate? 

It might, but who gives AF.

These seem like new Dems, they aren't taking the high road anymore. They're instead, now taking no prisoners. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I hope people dont care.

Its far overdue time to stop treating Trump one way and the Dems another.

If nobody cares how much people ( and Fam) that truly know Trump think about how much of a shit he is.

Then why should this resonate? 

It might, but who gives AF.

These seem like new Dems, they aren't taking the high road anymore. They're instead, now taking no prisoners. 

Those who will care are most likely already part of maga so just red meat for his base. 

If all of Trump's family going against Trump didn't move the needle for swing voters, this won't move the needle for Harris either not to mention this is of a running mate rather than the top of the ticket. 

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, 24K said:

Those who will care are most lively already part of maga so just red meat for his base. 

If all of Trump's family going against Trump didn't move the needle for swing voters, this won't move the needle for Harris either not to mention this is of a running mate rather than the top of the ticket. 

I read the article I posted for EP above.

Made me feel bad for Tim. Sounds like his fam were jerks to him. Hated him because of things like getting car sick.

Maybe its jelousy over the fact that he is so popular now. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Up until a few days ago, he was running for POTUS.  And his name will appear on a number of states ballots as he passed deadlines to remove it for said ballots.  He even had a VP candidate.  So, there is that.

Also, he looks to have been promised a position in a TRUMP administration .  Some reports have it in a public health role.  So there is that also

6 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Up until a few days ago, he was running for POTUS.  And his name will appear on a number of states ballots as he passed deadlines to remove it for said ballots.  He even had a VP candidate.  So, there is that.

Also, he looks to have been promised a position in a TRUMP administration .  Some reports have it in a public health role.  So there is that also

His entire family did not come out against him, he has like 9 brothers and sisters who are still alive and countless nieces and nephews plus his mother is still alive.  Also, the ones that came out against him did not take a family photo with Kamala's name on it to go viral on social media.  That picture was planned in advance, they all had matching t-shirts and it was meant to hurt Tim...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

His entire family did not come out against him, he has like 9 brothers and sisters who are still alive and countless nieces and nephews plus his mother is still alive.  Also, the ones that came out against him did not take a family photo with Kamala's name on it to go viral on social media.  That picture was planned in advance, they all had matching t-shirts and it was meant to hurt Tim...

Why does it matter if a bunch of second cousins from Nebraska are against ya.  It isn't that big of a story if stuff like Melania being absent and Ivanka being absent and other TRUMP family members being against the Donald means little.  

I have cousins that I will never contact again.  There are tons of families that have MAGA moron family members, as well as the opposite, who have been estranged because of things.  This isn't the flex that MAGA is making it out to be.

the family members in the photo are related to Vice Presidential candidate Walz through his grandfather's side.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Why does it matter if a bunch of second cousins from Nebraska are against ya.  It isn't that big of a story if stuff like Melania being absent and Ivanka being absent and other TRUMP family members being against the Donald means little.  

I have cousins that I will never contact again.  There are tons of families that have MAGA moron family members, as well as the opposite, who have been estranged because of things.  This isn't the flex that MAGA is making it out to be.

the family members in the photo are related to Vice Presidential candidate Walz through his grandfather's side.

Comparing Walz to Trump is setting a pretty low bar considering Trump is going to prison on September 18...

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Comparing Walz to Trump is setting a pretty low bar considering Trump is going to prison on September 18...

The only people who really cared what people like Mary TRUMP had to say were liberals and Dems.  The only people who really care that Tim's 2nd cousins and his brother are MAGA are MAGA morons.  That's why the comparison.

And one can dream that Teflon Don gets prison.  One can dream.

• Vintage 1