US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Speaking of families picking sides, it would probably be more significant if they switched parties to endorse the person running against a family member. Kinda like this guy. 

https://apnews.com/article/jimmy-mccain-endorse-kamala-harris-vance-31556735c27e032f19799af14ab0b9d2

Not a lot of examples of life long Democrats switching to Republican to support trump. Plenty of examples going the other way though.

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Why does it matter if a bunch of second cousins from Nebraska are against ya.  It isn't that big of a story if stuff like Melania being absent and Ivanka being absent and other TRUMP family members being against the Donald means little.  

I have cousins that I will never contact again.  There are tons of families that have MAGA moron family members, as well as the opposite, who have been estranged because of things.  This isn't the flex that MAGA is making it out to be.

the family members in the photo are related to Vice Presidential candidate Walz through his grandfather's side.

At least we know these parasites won't be gifted government roles like tbe vermin Trump has for offspring.

27 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

r/PoliticalHumor - BREAKING Buy the dip

Whats going to happen when Trump discloses he is selling a big chunk of his stock holdings in a few weeks?

He will still make hundreds of millions potentially

Unfortunately on the back of his poor MAGA supporters who invested their retirement fund. Will they still support him or realize they have been duped?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, BarneyKook said:

Unfortunately on the back of his poor MAGA supporters who invested their retirement fund. Will they still support him or realize they have been duped?

That's a rhetorical question right?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I read the article I posted for EP above.

Made me feel bad for Tim. Sounds like his fam were jerks to him. Hated him because of things like getting car sick.

Maybe its jelousy over the fact that he is so popular now. 

I wonder if any of these people are part of TW's immediate family at all.....

The article quotes the political operative who refuted the claim that the image was AI generated, saying the people in the photo "were related to Walz through his paternal great uncle"....

Edited by RupertKBD
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, BarneyKook said:

Whats going to happen when Trump discloses he is selling a big chunk of his stock holdings in a few weeks?

He will still make hundreds of millions potentially

Was just taking a look at the September 20th option strikes. There is an abnormally large amount of put options from $10 down to an extremely large amount of open interest (relatively speaking) at $2.5. Market seems to be betting it's about to puke it's guts out.

But to answer your question when he starts selling he will crush the price like a grape. The stock simply does not trade enough volume to get him out without creating a large price disruption. The stock does an average daily volume of 7.8 million shares /day which is obscured by the Monday after he was shot and it did 80 million that day. The average daily volume is realistically more like 5.3 million.

I think he owns 120 million shares. So yeah good luck getting out of that.

• Vintage 2

7 hours ago, Bob Long said:

So no tampons for Christmas I guess.

Fox had a story about the family in the photo, they said that they have never met or spoke with Tim.

I have to say those are some strong family ties imo.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I wonder if any of these people are part of TW's immediate family at all.....

The article quotes the political operative who refuted the claim that the image was AI generated, saying the people in the photo "were related to Walz through his paternal great uncle"....

Fox had a story about the Waltz’s, main thing that I learned is that they have never met or spoken with Tim.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

45 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Media start-up from Benny Johnson, Tim Pool, and Dave Rubin was secret Russian influence campaign, indictment alleges

Famous pro-Trump commentators may have been unwittingly duped.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/russia-tenet-benny-johnson-tim-pool-indictment/

As they say, follow the money. Russia wants to take down the American giant, best way to do it is from the inside with pro-Trump sentiment. 

And Musk has been pumping these content creators videos

Edited by BarneyKook
  • Upvote 2

Speaking of estranged family ties where is Melania? She is nowhere to be found on the campaign trail. Her husband was on trial in NYC accused of all sorts of unsavoury, unethical  behaviour she didn't show up one single day to support him. No statement in support, no showing up standing beside him and holding his hand. She managed to show up at the RNC for one whole night. 

Where are Ivanka and Jared? No shows on the campaign trail, the RNC, the trial etc.. As far as I can see they haven't even endorsed him for a 2nd term.

How about those who served in his Cabinet? I don't think one is willing to come back nor has one even endorsed him that I can recall. Where are Rex Tillerson, Steve Mnuchin, Wilbur Ross, Ben Carson, Rick Perry, Betsy DeVos the list goes on and on.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Speaking of estranged family ties where is Melania? She is nowhere to be found on the campaign trail. Her husband was on trial in NYC accused of all sorts of unsavoury, unethical  behaviour she didn't show up one single day to support him. No statement in support, no showing up standing beside him and holding his hand. She managed to show up at the RNC for one whole night. 

Where are Ivanka and Jared? No shows on the campaign trail, the RNC, the trial etc.. As far as I can see they haven't even endorsed him for a 2nd term.

How about those who served in his Cabinet? I don't think one is willing to come back nor has one even endorsed him that I can recall. Where are Rex Tillerson, Steve Mnuchin, Wilbur Ross, Ben Carson, Rick Perry, Betsy DeVos the list goes on and on.

Melanie busy trying to decide what hole to be buried at Maralago.😜

• Haha 1
  • chaos 1

22 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

FB_IMG_1725425713163.jpg

Speaking of this what is the name of the hospital he was taken to after getting shot? What is the name of the head physician who examined him? Was there ever a medical report released? I honestly do not know the answers to these questions.

• Cheers 1