US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

He does not sound impressive here. More and more in these appearances he sounds and looks old and tired. Which is what did the last guy in.

This has got to be one of the biggest bombed speeches of all time lol, he looked and sounded horrible. Time to up the Adderall dose again.

26 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

What could go wrong?

Trump Says Elon Musk Agreed to Run ‘Financial and Performance Audit’ of Government and Recommend ‘Drastic Reforms’

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-says-elon-musk-agreed-to-run-financial-and-performance-audit-of-government-recommend-drastic-reforms-through-commission/

Says the guy who still hasn't released his income tax filings umpteen years later....(like how all US Presidents (GOP & Democrat) have done so since the 1970s until Urine man).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Duodenum said:

This has got to be one of the biggest bombed speeches of all time lol, he looked and sounded horrible. Time to up the Adderall dose again.

This speech is no different from any other speech he's made during this election cycle. He is flat and tends to drone on monotonously. He changes his position depending on what audience he's talking to. He has zero grasp of the issues, no policy statements, no detail and no coherence. Every time he opens his mouth he proves once again that he has declined. His vocabulary has reverted to that of a very average Grade 7 kid, he clearly cannot organize a group of thoughts or construct a compelling argument. Instead he relies on ridiculing nicknames (not working this time), slamming Biden (who he is no longer running against), and demonstrating daily he has no idea how tariffs work. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

This speech is no different from any other speech he's made during this election cycle. He is flat and tends to drone on monotonously. He changes his position depending on what audience he's talking to. He has zero grasp of the issues, no policy statements, no detail and no coherence. Every time he opens his mouth he proves once again that he has declined. His vocabulary has reverted to that of a very average Grade 7 kid, he clearly cannot organize a group of thoughts or construct a compelling argument. Instead he relies on ridiculing nicknames (not working this time), slamming Biden (who he is no longer running against), and demonstrating daily he has no idea how tariffs work. 

I believe his speeches have been said to be at a 4th grade level.

• ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I stand corrected. But I have known Grade 4's who are more articulate so maybe we are both giving him too much credit?

Given his history of molesting children, it could be his victims writing the speech under duress.

Edited by King Heffy

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

With a slight caveat...six years from when he was first elected in 2016  (and 2 years after he was voted out)

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Tim Pool's punishment should include never being allowed to wear a toque again.

Funny thing about the word toque. Most Americans refer to them as wool hats. One fellow I knew was from North Carolina and he was searching the lunchroom one day. When asked what he was looking for, he said "I can't find my toboggan". People didn't know what to say, but then he explained he was looking for his hat. He called a toque a toboggan. He thought toque was a goofy word. 

• Haha 1