US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

When will it end?

It will never end.......................................................................................................................................................................

OMG.  I have big fears about Barron Trump.  Aka Damien. In just a few years time, he could, if he had any ambition to, enter politics and sweep Republicans off their feet.

He's very tall, which gives him a stature that is inherently impressive.

He luckily has the physical attributes of Melania and not his father. He's a good lookin guy.

He is twice as smart as his father

He can ride the coattails of his larger than life father and be likewise worshipped by the MAGA cult, the new Republican base. But also will be smart enough to fool more than the fools in his party, he'll convince moderates as well.  That he's not his dad. Which he isn't. He's not a moron. That's not a high bar.

But a Trump is a Trump. He was raised in the most racist, sexist,self-entitled, elitist house in America.

If I were still a religious person I'd predict he has all the markings of the Beast, The Anti-Christ, Damien rising. Scary stuff.

or...maybe he'll just turn out to be a shy guy who just wants to live his life out of the cameras, and use his smarts to take the money his dad pilfered from all the MAGA suckers and foreign bribery, and just quietly run a predatory vulture capitalist corporation.  Here's hoping, because he has all the attributes and advantages to be a force in American politics in a few years time.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I swear it wasn’t my fault…   🤨

Judge Merchan:   "I was all ready to bring the gavel down and sentence Donald Trump to 20 years in federal prison. But, little known fact, i'm a huge Vancouver Canucks hockey team fan. So I was perusing my favourite fan forum site and noticed the teams star forward's posts, and after reading them through, I've decided to delay my sentencing. Heck, maybe I'll even let him go like Judge Cannon did.  Waiting to read more from EP"

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I swear it wasn’t my fault…   🤨

I'm thinking that the Judge is leaning towards a more severe sentence such as a custodial sentence and doesn't want that to interfere with the election any more than he has to.  And if TRUMP wins, it is what it is.

Could you imagine if TRUMP was sentenced to prison weeks before the election.  I would not want to be anywhere near that judge or his family.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, kilgore said:

OMG.  I have big fears about Barron Trump.  Aka Damien. In just a few years time, he could, if he had any ambition to, enter politics and sweep Republicans off their feet.

He's very tall, which gives him a stature that is inherently impressive.

He luckily has the physical attributes of Melania and not his father. He's a good lookin guy.

He is twice as smart as his father

He can ride the coattails of his larger than life father and be likewise worshipped by the MAGA cult, the new Republican base. But also will be smart enough to fool more than the fools in his party, he'll convince moderates as well.  That he's not his dad. Which he isn't. He's not a moron. That's not a high bar.

But a Trump is a Trump. He was raised in the most racist, sexist,self-entitled, elitist house in America.

If I were still a religious person I'd predict he has all the markings of the Beast, The Anti-Christ, Damien rising. Scary stuff.

or...maybe he'll just turn out to be a shy guy who just wants to live his life out of the cameras, and use his smarts to take the money his dad pilfered from all the MAGA suckers and foreign bribery, and just quietly run a predatory vulture capitalist corporation.  Here's hoping, because he has all the attributes and advantages to be a force in American politics in a few years time.

Barron already wrote a book in 1893. So he’s quite the time traveller. In the book, he discusses the rise of a US President, references a hotel on 5th Avenue in New York and an election of an outsider candidate in a chaotic atmosphere. 

On top of that he is 6’8”.

You are right. He will scare the shit out of alot of people. 

IMG_2171.png

IMG_2170.png

• Upvote 1

multi - tiered justice-confirmed-again

Anyone know, why anyone, should respect the justice system?

Crime is allowed, sentencing is delayed, and delayed.

If justice doesn't care about the law-why the fuck should anyone?

Edited by Gurn
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Judge Merchan:   "I was all ready to bring the gavel down and sentence Donald Trump to 20 years in federal prison. But, little known fact, i'm a huge Vancouver Canucks hockey team fan. So I was perusing my favourite fan forum site and noticed the teams star forward's posts, and after reading them through, I've decided to delay my sentencing. Heck, maybe I'll even let him go like Judge Cannon did.  Waiting to read more from EP"

IMG_2172.gif

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

When will it end?

It will never end.......................................................................................................................................................................

I see that the Dotard didn’t pass his prodigious knowledge of nuclear on to his stepson.

IMG_1552.png

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

When will it end?

Fake news.

There's no verified public information available.

A little bit off-topic compared to Trump:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/investigates/russian-influence-election-tenet-media-chen-southern-1.7314976

Meet the right-wing Canadian influencers accused of collaborating with an alleged Russian propaganda scheme

Tenet Media founder Lauren Chen allegedly took funds from pro-Moscow outlet

She and her husband are getting indicted.

I read some of the stuff she wrote - and she's got some terrible opinions. Now we know why. Hope her dad shows disappointment in her daughter, but considering how he had chipped in on her podcasts, the fruit likely doesn't fall far from the tree. Lauren is Canadian - and I don't want her back as a Canadian.

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I doubt anyone wants Dicks endorsement, for what it's worth 

An endorsement from Darth Vader isn't worth much but if it forces others from the old guard of the Republican Party to speak up it might have some value.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

A little bit off-topic compared to Trump:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/investigates/russian-influence-election-tenet-media-chen-southern-1.7314976

Meet the right-wing Canadian influencers accused of collaborating with an alleged Russian propaganda scheme

Tenet Media founder Lauren Chen allegedly took funds from pro-Moscow outlet

She and her husband are getting indicted.

I read some of the stuff she wrote - and she's got some terrible opinions. Now we know why. Hope her dad shows disappointment in her daughter, but considering how he had chipped in on her podcasts, the fruit likely doesn't fall far from the tree. Lauren is Canadian - and I don't want her back as a Canadian.

creeps. I hope they enjoy US jail. 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I doubt anyone wants Dicks endorsement, for what it's worth 

I certainly wouldn't go hunting with him.🥸  Or let get a boat with Kevin O'Leary's wife was the Captain.🥸  Or be stuck in a lifeboat with only RFK Jr. & no food supplies.🥸

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I'm thinking that the Judge is leaning towards a more severe sentence such as a custodial sentence and doesn't want that to interfere with the election any more than he has to.  And if TRUMP wins, it is what it is.

Could you imagine if TRUMP was sentenced to prison weeks before the election.  I would not want to be anywhere near that judge or his family.

Merchan's also getting sued and investigated now.  Elise Stefanik(R-NY21) also lodged an ethics complaint against him with the state.

Why is Reagan stuff popping up a lot lately?

My non-political buddy mentioned him at the gym today. Hes one of those friends that say things like 'Conservatives run things like a business' but then doesnt know what left or right are on the political spectrum. 

Today he said, "Reagan was one of best presidents of all time" I asked why, he laughed and said "I dunno."

I followed up by asking if he liked trickle down economics....he didn't know wtf i was talking about..

So, is there a site or facebook/tweeter something going around that is saying 'rah, rah, Reagan' or something? and my lovely meathead friend has it floating around the meat, in his head...

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Why is Reagan stuff popping up a lot lately?

My non-political buddy mentioned him at the gym today. Hes one of those friends that say things like 'Conservatives run things like a business' but then doesnt know what left or right are on the political spectrum. 

Today he said, "Reagan was one of best presidents of all time" I asked why, he laughed and said "I dunno."

I followed up by asking if he liked trickle down economics....he didn't know wtf i was talking about..

So, is there a site or facebook/tweeter something going around that is saying 'rah, rah, Reagan' or something? and my lovely meathead friend has it floating around the meat, in his head...

must be the cons trying to push the good timey feels. Desperation I guess.