US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Bob Long said:

must be the cons trying to push the good timey feels. Desperation I guess. 

That's my guess too.

Some type of trying to relate him to Trumpty. 

31 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Why is Reagan stuff popping up a lot lately?

My non-political buddy mentioned him at the gym today. Hes one of those friends that say things like 'Conservatives run things like a business' but then doesnt know what left or right are on the political spectrum. 

Today he said, "Reagan was one of best presidents of all time" I asked why, he laughed and said "I dunno."

I followed up by asking if he liked trickle down economics....he didn't know wtf i was talking about..

So, is there a site or facebook/tweeter something going around that is saying 'rah, rah, Reagan' or something? and my lovely meathead friend has it floating around the meat, in his head...

Movie just came out, and in typical movie fashion, it left out the bad, while extolling the good, little that it was.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Movie just came out, and in typical movie fashion, it left out the bad, while extolling the good, little that it was.

ahhh, thankyou. that makes sense.

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Dick Cheney and Llz both voting for Harris. 

Dick Cheney is BFF’s with the Bush family, the most evil family on earth. His company Halliburton made billions off the Iraq war. Not sure this is a great endorsement for Kamala. It’s almost as bad as the KKK endorsing Trump…

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I don't think I was born at this point, and his mind was wondering in the second term

but this guy instilled trust when he spoke.

And that is why he was so dangerous. One can say like 90% of our modern day problems stemmed from this guy. 

After all these time, we are still living under the Regan economy after he replaced the FDR New Deal economy. 

Though if Trump wins, he will usher in the Trump economy that will essentially bring it back to pre FDR with isolationism. 

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

My non-political buddy mentioned him at the gym today. Hes one of those friends that say things like 'Conservatives run things like a business' but then doesnt know what left or right are on the political spectrum. 

Today he said, "Reagan was one of best presidents of all time" I asked why, he laughed and said "I dunno."

I followed up by asking if he liked trickle down economics....he didn't know wtf i was talking about..

So, is there a site or facebook/tweeter something going around that is saying 'rah, rah, Reagan' or something? and my lovely meathead friend has it floating around the meat, in his head...

Reagan has a movie that just came out…

• Thanks 1

Seems while Drumpf was getting a pledge of support from some cop group- he was also asking them to show up at polling stations:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/trump-urged-cops-to-possibly-break-the-law-on-his-behalf-in-latest-speech-ny-times/ar-AA1q8BMM?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=0d78e36dbe6549a198f1e909f3b22203&ei=9

"

Former President Donald Trump urged police officers to monitor polling places for signs of voter fraud during a North Carolina appearance Friday to accept an endorsement from America's largest police union.

“I hope you can watch, and you’re all over the place, watch for the voter fraud. Because we win without voter fraud. We win so easily,” Trump said to the crowd representing the Fraternal Order of Police.

“You can keep it down just by watching, because, believe it or not, they’re afraid of that badge. They’re afraid of you people. They’re afraid of that more than anything else.”

According to The New York Times, Trump may have just requested that cops break the law.

In many states, what he's asking for would be considered voter intimidation, according to the Brennan Center for Justice: "State and local laws and practices place limits on the role of law enforcement and poll watchers. And a host of federal and state laws, many of which also carry severe criminal penalties, prevent anyone — whether a law enforcement officer or a vigilante — from harassing or intimidating voters."

-----------------------------

bit more at link.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Thats sad to see a cop org doing that. Harris or Trump, they should be impartial.

It's actually kind of a thing. Law enforcement isn't supposed to express their political opinions from behind the badge ( at least Im sure its that way in Canada)

It makes total sense if you think about it. 

In the US, historically, both the police and the military often lean towards Republicans.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Reagan was very good for standing up to the USSR, but he was an unmitigated disaster domestically. 

Your friend was probably parroting something someone told him.  My brother does that.

*edit* Forgot the movie was coming out.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, 24K said:

And that is why he was so dangerous. One can say like 90% of our modern day problems stemmed from this guy. 

After all these time, we are still living under the Regan economy after he replaced the FDR New Deal economy. 

Though if Trump wins, he will usher in the Trump economy that will essentially bring it back to pre FDR with isolationism. 

He's shooting for the turn of the 20th century....William McKinley.

He said so himself....

• Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Dick Cheney is BFF’s with the Bush family, the most evil family on earth. His company Halliburton made billions off the Iraq war. Not sure this is a great endorsement for Kamala. It’s almost as bad as the KKK endorsing Trump…

He shares nothing in policy with Harris platform.   Anyone calling him other than a conservative would be false.  KKK members do endorse Trump.  You are right it's not as bad as that.    But it gives permission for those life long conservatives to vote for a Democrat in order to save the republic.  It's a new coalition that she's forging.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Which is somewhat understandable...

However, historically, Republican candidates didn't incite mobs to beat the shit out of cops, because they couldn't stand the embarrassment of losing an election.

Fuck every one of those cops who voted to endorse that fat POS....

They gave him a standing ovation during his speech when he called for a federal law giving the death penalty to anyone who kills a cop.

5 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

By who? Trumps own personal attack dog must have a form letter in which she just swaps out names.

- Merrick Garland

- Judge Engoron

- Judge Beryl Howell

- NY AG Letitia James

- Jack Smith

- Judge Merchan

Apparently no issues with Clarence Thomas accepting 100s of thousands in gifts though. 

It's just a procedural suit trying to get his financial forms.

GWt01UQWgAAr8b5?format=jpg&name=large

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They gave him a standing ovation during his speech when he called for a federal law giving the death penalty to anyone who kills a cop.

I watched a documentary recently where a man was trying to get his parents released from prison after 40 years for killing a police officer. It turns out there was plenty of evidence that the shot that killed the officer didn't come from anywhere near the accused. Of course the evidence was covered up and they were tried and convicted. They were members of a group that were adversarial with the police and they wanted their pound of flesh, they got it. Endless appeals proving their innocence did nothing. Only a change in the system and parole finally got them released. There's countless stories like this.

As far as the standing ovation, do you think it's a good cross section of the police force in general, or do you think these guys were already trump huggers? It reminds me if the quote I heard recently. "Your boos mean nothing, I've seen what makes you cheer". Yay corruption!

Edited by JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo
  • Cheers 4

23 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

"Qualified immunity" for Dotard - signed the Supreme Court.

So....he's like a cop like this guy!:

15vid-herschel-walker-badge-COVER-videoS

🥸

Just now, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I watched a documentary recently where a man was trying to get his parents released from prison after 40 years for killing a police officer. It turns out there was plenty of evidence that the shot that killed the officer didn't come from anywhere near the accused. Of course the evidence was covered up and they were tried and convicted. They were members of a group that were adversarial with the police and they wanted there pound of flesh, they got it. Endless appeals proving their innocence did nothing. Only a change in the system and parole finally got them released. There's countless stories like this.

As far as the standing ovation, do you think it's a good cross section of the police force in general, or do you think these guys were already trump huggers? It reminds me if the quote I heard recently. "Your boos mean nothing, I've seen what makes you cheer". Yay corruption!

"I plead the 5th 400 times/adjuticated rapist/multiple felon" - Sounds like the kind of support the cops should get behind.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1