US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

The most important decision makers praying to Sky Daddy.

One has to wonder why their little prayer meeting couldn't have happened before a bunch of embarrassing failures....:classic_rolleyes:

Or maybe it did.....maybe God was just fucking with them those other times.....

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 2

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Driving while black is still a thing down there sadly.  I'd expect some "random" stops.

Word....

Mind you, the cops are going to be Uber busy if they have to start pulling over every fat chick in Lubbock....:classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Isn't there something about a separation of Church and State, written down in an important document, or am I misremembering?

Why yes.

Apparently it is

https://www.au.org/separation-of-church-and-state-constitution/#

And I might add they're being very loose with things regarding that in the same fashion they are and have the 2nd amendment.

Will be interesting to see if the Dems can parlay one against the other to pin the GOP to the wall

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

I love this judge. 😆

Judge Calls Out Trump Lawyers Who Asked for COVID Delay—But Won’t Wear Masks

Judge Engoron denied a request from Chris Kise, one of Donald Trump’s attorneys, who asked for former president’s New York fraud trial to be postponed because members of the attorney general’s legal team have tested positive for COVID. Kise said he was sitting away from the AG’s table Tuesday to avoid catching COVID and complained about his opponents’ lack of notification, saying that “the leading candidate for president of the United States in this courtroom today,” and griping “I don't think we should really be here today.” Another Trump lawyer, Alina Habba , said she did not want to use the same microphone as the AG’s office. Judge Engoron said that the trial would proceed as planned, clapping back at the request: “Masks are available. We are going to proceed.” A spokesperson for the AG’s office said later that it had followed the CDC’s guidelines, adding: “if there were any concerns, defendants could wear masks today or at any point, but they have opted not to.”

But....but....it's just a cold....it's just the flu....waaaaah!!

😁😂😂

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

🚨🚨🚨MAINE SHOOTING UPDATE: A video still of the shooters gun in the Maine shooting appears to be an AR-15-style rifle. 

The SAME gun more than 30 law enforcement officers were AFRAID to confront in Uvalde that left 19 children dead. 

The SAME gun that’s been 
the weapon of choice in many of the most horrific mass shootings in recent memory, including the Covenant school shooting in Nashville just two weeks ago.

The SAME gun brandished by Republican radicals like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert. 

• Thanks 3