US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Melania Trump releases video demanding answers surrounding the Assassination Attempt against Donald Trump: “There is definitely more to this story and we need to uncover the truth”

If you click on the link shown on that video it takes you to an ad for her new book.

Melania Trump, Silent for Months,Re-emerges in a Series of Cryptic Videos

In one, released online on Tuesday, she muses conspiratorially about the attempt on her husband’s life. The videos are intended to promote a new memoir.

In one posted on Tuesday, she appears before a shadowy backdrop, dressed all in black, to muse conspiratorially about the attempt on her husband’s life. “The silence around it feels heavy,” she says while a jangly, anxious tune that sounds like something out of an Alan Pakula film plays in the background. “I can’t help but wonder, why didn’t law enforcement officials arrest the shooter before the speech? There is definitely more to this story, and we need to uncover the truth.”

Will the “truth” be uncovered at melaniatrump.com, to which she links? Pre-order to find out ($250 for the collector’s edition, which includes a “digital collectible”).

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/10/us/elections/melania-trump-book-videos.html

• Vintage 1

Just now, 24K said:

Good on ABC for finally exposing to the public on the largest stage that Trump has no idea what tarrifs are. 

Damn, I missed that part.  I'm splitting time with making dinner.

Just now, Cerridwen said:

Gad I fucking hate this lying fat turd of shit brown. What's the over and under on the number of lies, again?

The Surgeon General advises not to turn it into a drinking game.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

God Kamala call out his lie about what tarrifs are! Why is everyone letting Trump getting away with his tarrif misunderstanding. 

That's why she kept them. Hmmmmmmmmmm the bull shit meter is off the charts. Left wingers can't even comprehend this?

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

It's funny that you think 90% of the US public will pick up on that.  😂

Well I obviously posted to quick. Was expecting the moderators to retort back with "You do know tarrfis are paid by American importers right?"

Dissapointed. Had my hopes up. 

• chaos 1

Just now, Donald Trump said:

That's why she kept them. Hmmmmmmmmmm the bull shit meter is off the charts. Left wingers can't even comprehend this?

Targeted tarrifs are one thing. Broad tarrfis on everything is completely different. 

Just now, 24K said:

Well I obviously posted to quick. Was expecting the moderators to retort back with "You do know tarrfis are paid by American importers right?"

Dissapointed. Had my hopes up. 

You're new to these debates.  They haven't been run well in a looooong time. 

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

You're new to these debates.  They haven't been run well in a looooong time. 

Well I was expecting when it is this blatant they can't let him get away with it. Was expecting Harris to bring it up at least. Bad move on her for not doing that. 

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Well I was expecting when it is this blatant they can't let him get away with it. Was expecting Harris to bring it up at least. Bad move on her for not doing that. 

ABC isn't slick.  Harris is quoting memorized talking points.  If she goes off on an aside, she won't have time to get her statements all out.