US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, TheBearded1 said:

why is the host calling him, "President Trump"?

It's a long standing thing in society.   In retirement, you retain your title.  If you were an Admiral, they still call you Admiral in retirement.   Judge, Senator, and so on.

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

20% tariff on auto manufacturing outside of the US ought to play well for Canadians who champion this dumbass. I mean they do realize that the Canadian auto & auto parts industry is kinda huge here right? 

Not to mention that it's the middle class of the US who will pay that price

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Not to mention that it's the middle class of the US who will pay that price

For sure they will, while at the same time doing to Canadian auto what the softwood lumber tariffs have done to Canadian mills and forestry workers.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It was a waste of time.  ABC only regained control the last half hour of it.

I agree.. The moderation was brutal and it made it hard to take seriously after a very short while.. I would say Kamala won, but it was still a tough watch. 

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Like 1

Just now, 24K said:

Well at worst Harris did nothing good or bad with this debate. 

She's the front runner.  They had her playing for a tie.  She may have edged him depending on how people take Trump getting p*ssed. 

If she's lucky it gives her some more momentum back that was beginning to peter out.

Just now, Ronaldoescobar said:

I agree.. The moderation was brutal and it made it hard to take seriously after a very short while.. I would say Kamala won it was a tough watch. 

I think it hinges on how people take Trump getting angry.  If people look at that poorly, then she'll have edged him out.

I'm not sure where the "no policy points" trope is coming from.  Shd talked about small business plans, energy plans,  abortion plans, Medicare plans etc.  

Truth is, she didn't need to, he imploded.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I agree.. The moderation was brutal and it made it hard to take seriously after a very short while.. I would say Kamala won, but it was still a tough watch. 

Trump talked about executing babies and immigrants eating pets.  This was as bad as Biden, imo

• Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

I'm not sure where the "no policy points" trope is coming from.  Shd talked about small business plans, energy plans,  abortion plans, Medicare plans etc.  

Truth is, she didn't need to, he imploded.

They're talking about details is my guess.  If they want details in a debate, they need to give more than 2 minutes per turn...

... and they need to stick to muted mics.  Keeping the mics open is one of the reasons that they lost control of the debate.  They broke their own rules.

17 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Over/under on 'truth social' posts tonight set at 45.5.

I am going over, he is angry and needs to went.

Every day I encounter homeless people in Chicago that talk to themselves and they more make sense than Trump.

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1