US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

They're talking about details is my guess.  If they want details in a debate, they need to give more than 2 minutes per turn...

... and they need to stick to muted mics.  Keeping the mics open is one of the reasons that they lost control of the debate.  They broke their own rules.

I agree there and in a debate, there isn't a stream of consciousness back and forth.  The first person gets to make a point, the opponent gets to rebut and the original talker gets to redirect.

This was just a lot of back and forth.

• Cheers 1

Jesus H... there aren't a lot of things that irk me more than listening to people like these ABC new anchors go after people like J.D Vance when, love him or hate him, everything he's saying makes logical sense - and it doesn't necessarily matter whether you agree with him or not. In the United States of America, and even here in Canada, this is what I find to be the biggest problem. But that's just me. Flame away. I will not take it personally...

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

She's the front runner.  They had her playing for a tie.  She may have edged him depending on how people take Trump getting p*ssed. 

If she's lucky it gives her some more momentum back that was beginning to peter out.

I’d say she won and did very well but not as good as I hoped. The good thing is that if there’s another debate her and her team will know she can improve. Attack him more when has gotten under his very thin parchment-like skin. The other guy can only trot out the same tired old schtick. Frankly I think he bails…

(Is there supposed to be another debate?)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Jesus H... there aren't a lot of things that irk me more than listening to people like these ABC new anchors go after people like J.D Vance when, love him or hate him, everything he's saying makes logical sense - and it doesn't necessarily matter whether you agree with him or not. In the United States of America, and even here in Canada, is what I find to be the biggest problem. But that's just me. Flame away. I will not take it personally...

At least Poilievre never had sex with a couch.

• Haha 3

It's true that the needle doesn't move much for Trump because his supporters don't listen. They like an angry guy who'd fistfight Kamala if he could (she'd win).

They're not the brightest of the bright and so a debate isn't really going to influence them. A cage match maybe.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I’d say she won and did very well but not as good as I hoped. The good thing is that if there’s another debate her and her team will know she can improve. Attack him more when has gotten under his very thin parchment-like skin. The other guy can only trot out the same tired old schtick. Frankly I think he bails…

(Is there supposed to be another debate?)

Again, I don't think she needed to win, though she clearly did........she needed to manipulate him into losing and he fell right into the trap.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

At least Poilievre never had sex with a couch.

I'm still wondering how you have sex with furniture without getting penis burn. 

Thank God I didn't try that as a teenager.  Nobody would have been able to use the chairs and couches after I was through with them.

...or I would have had to visit the hospital's burn unit once or twice for skin grafts.  I was quite randy in my teen years.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Jesus H... there aren't a lot of things that irk me more than listening to people like these ABC new anchors go after people like J.D Vance when, love him or hate him, everything he's saying makes logical sense - and it doesn't necessarily matter whether you agree with him or not. In the United States of America, and even here in Canada, is what I find to be the biggest problem. But that's just me. Flame away. I will not take it personally...

Apologies, because I don't mean to be a troll - I am a 29 year old Canadian citizen who loves hockey, but I wonder the following sometimes: Is it actually possible that a Swiftie can also be a Trump supporter? You know, you can love a billionaire who isn't affected whatsoever by politics in the same fashion that the common folk are, but also like Trump chiefly because of his policies on, say, illegal immigration. Asking for a friend... 😂

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm still wondering how you have sex with furniture without getting penis burn. 

Thank God I didn't try that as a teenager.  Nobody would have been able to use the chairs and couches after I was through with them.

...or I would have had to visit the hospital's burn unit once or twice for skin grafts.  I was quite randy in my teen years.

JD must not have watched the American Pie movies.  Apple is the preferred choice in the USA

• Haha 3