US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

11 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Good day for the Democrats and Harris.

Bested Trump in the debate + the Swift endorsement.

Harris campaign riding high. 

Swift should worry about her Cat and CO2 emissions instead of giving political advice 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Desmenko 1
  • Wiener 1

29 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

No worries. Kamala sliced and diced fat hitler tonight. She’ll be taking up residence in his head from here on out.

I rewatched much of the debate. Trump never looked at her that I could see. She is really deep into his head. He will grow ever more dangerous from here on. 

One more thing: He is so pissed that Biden dropped out that he finally came out and said "She is Biden. She is Biden." 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

I rewatched much of the debate. Trump never looked at her that I could see. She is really deep into his head. He will grow ever more dangerous from here on. 

One more thing: He is so pissed that Biden dropped out that he finally came out and said "She is Biden. She is Biden." 

I noticed that too, it shows how arrogant that pos is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I get why pundits are using the migrants eating pets as an example of his lunacy, but I don't get why no one is hitting him with the executing babies comment.  Compared to that, eating pets seems reasonable.

He literally provides too many opportunities to correct him, it's hard to keep up.

Harris did really well imo. A really high number of voters would have listened to her for the first time last night, so I think that's why she never responded in an over the top way, and spoke to the camera a lot.

And she still managed to throw him off. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I get why pundits are using the migrants eating pets as an example of his lunacy, but I don't get why no one is hitting him with the executing babies comment.  Compared to that, eating pets seems reasonable.

Making accusations and repeating falsehoods like that is stupifying. It calls into question how Trump views his constituents. He is demonstrating contempt for their intelligence. 

I question Harris's record as VP under Biden and would like more detail on her economic agenda. That said Harris did well in her debate even if detail was short. Trump looked like a yesteryear man. He had to sell his economic agenda and really didn't. While Harris did a bit better on that front it was not enough either. Picking a winner in such debates means little but that said I thought Harris did better than Trump. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Making accusations and repeating falsehoods like that is stupifying. It calls into question how Trump views his constituents. He is demonstrating contempt for their intelligence. 

I question Harris's record as VP under Biden and would like more detail on her economic agenda. That said Harris did well in her debate even if detail was short. Trump looked like a yesteryear man. He had to sell his economic agenda and really didn't. While Harris did a bit better on that front it was not enough either. Picking a winner in such debates means little but that said I thought Harris did better than Trump. 

Really? How many of those MAGA's have any intelligence? When he goes on and on about border security, his concept of a plan, and his huge crowds, and migrants eating folks pets, you have to believe if they see him a their president then America deserves his shit show.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

He didn't look like a yesteryear man, he looked like a crazy person.........like a trylu unhinged, deranged human

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

He didn't look like a yesteryear man, he looked like a crazy person.........like a trylu unhinged, deranged human

The lack of self control is pretty troubling. It's not a "show" he really is that odd, which everyone knows but it's still weird to see in real time.

I don't think that there will be a second debate, but if there is she can actually get more aggressive this time and send him into a full meltdown.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The lack of self control is pretty troubling. It's not a "show" he really is that odd, which everyone knows but it's still weird to see in real time.

I don't think that there will be a second debate, but if there is she can actually get more aggressive this time and send him into a full meltdown.

Harris should try for another debate. She won last night and exposed Trump's lies consistently. She narrowed Trump's appeal. She should expand on the economic side so that people have a clear idea of where she stands on lowering living costs. 

• Like 2