US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

It has to be so intense to be part of something like this. She probably could have nailed him a few more times but I also think that being careful was part of the plan. 

I want Walz to ask Vance if it's ok to eat cats if it's road kill. 

....or bears....

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Want even more evidence that TRUMP lost.  The Harris campaign is all for another another Debate.  TRUMP, not so much.  If TRUMP thought he did a good job and won, he'd be all for seconds. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4873681-donald-trump-kamala-harris-debate-abc-news/

Trump bashes ABC, says he’s ‘less inclined’ to do another debate

Had to chuckle at one article I read, where Trump was trying to claim "victory" in the debate and using it as a reason not to do another one....

"Why would you do another debate if you won?" :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Want even more evidence that TRUMP lost.  The Harris campaign is all for another another Debate.  TRUMP, not so much.  If TRUMP thought he did a good job and won, he'd be all for seconds. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4873681-donald-trump-kamala-harris-debate-abc-news/

Trump bashes ABC, says he’s ‘less inclined’ to do another debate

IMG_7695.png

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You wanna put some money on it that it's a real video and pic?

Yes, he wore the hat very briefly with a huge smile on his head.   All in the spirit of bipartisan support for 9 11.

"At the Shanksville Fire Station, President Joe Biden spoke about the country's bipartisan unity after 9/11 and said we needed to get back to that. As a gesture, he gave a hat to a Trump supporter who then said that in the same spirit, POTUS should put on his Trump cap. He briefly wore it."

Now go to AF Post's X profile and look at the stuff they spew.   Maybe you can tell me why they hate Indians so much.

• Thanks 3

Just now, Satchmo said:

Yes, he wore the hat very briefly with a huge smile on his head.   All in the spirit of bipartisan support for 9 11.

"At the Shanksville Fire Station, President Joe Biden spoke about the country's bipartisan unity after 9/11 and said we needed to get back to that. As a gesture, he gave a hat to a Trump supporter who then said that in the same spirit, POTUS should put on his Trump cap. He briefly wore it."

Now go to AF Post's X profile and look at the stuff they spew.   Maybe you can tell me why they hate Indians so much.

Obvioualy it was a joke.  That's why I used a winky emoji.  It's not my problem that Heffy got triggered by it...

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's literally a video of him putting on a Trump hat.  It's all over Twitter...

hahahaha! Let’s pull a fast one on the old slow guy. Hand him a cap to put on knowing he’ll just assume it’s some random favourite cap from a supporter in a pro-Democrat crowd.  What fun!

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Yeah, @Sabrefan1 saw it different for a while last night but I thought it was a sh*t kicking.

She was the adult in the room. She responded how a normal person would. She had real reactions and couldnt help but laugh at his chicken-little hate spewing nonsense. Meanwhile I was laughing along with her on my couch. I was thoroughly entertained.

I think the world has kinda gotten used to how much of an idiot this clown is. Like a boiled frog, many have slowly accepted him and his schtick.

Kamala was able to splash some cold water on the viewers and refresh them a bit, imo. 

If someone woke up from a 10 year coma and heard that madman last night, I have no doubt they would think ' who that fook is this moron? and what the F' is he babbling about?'

I still don't think it was a sh*tkicking, more of an edging, but since I'm not the arbiter of debating and the Democrats are happy and the Republicans are making excuses, Trump's lack of anger management apparently didn't go over well with a lot of people.

I may just be used to the pissy kind of debating we saw last night though since for most of my life, the mics were always open years ago and the candidates often talked over one another in angry tones.

What I'm used to apparently doesn't translate to most others.

I still want those 2 hours of my life back though.  If I wanted to see an angry octogenarian, I can just go and visit my father.

That said, Trump better not debate her in October.  She stuck fairly rigidly to her game plan, but when she temporarily went off-script and got a hard jab in, had she kept going, she could have really cleaned his clock.  Instead she backed off and got back on script.  Her pro debate preppers most definitely saw that as well, and will teach her how to take advantage of that the 2nd time around if there is one.

39 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I still don't think it was a sh*tkicking, more of an edging, but since I'm not the arbiter of debating and the Democrats are happy and the Republicans are making excuses, Trump's lack of anger management apparently didn't go over well with a lot of people.

I may just be used to the pissy kind of debating we saw last night though since for most of my life, the mics were always open years ago and the candidates often talked over one another in angry tones.

What I'm used to apparently doesn't translate to most others.

I still want those 2 hours of my life back though.  If I wanted to see an angry octogenarian, I can just go and visit my father.

That said, Trump better not debate her in October.  She stuck fairly rigidly to her game plan, but when she temporarily went off-script and got a hard jab in, had she kept going, she could have really cleaned his clock.  Instead she backed off and got back on script.  Her pro debate preppers most definitely saw that as well, and will teach her how to take advantage of that the 2nd time around if there is one.

Cheapshot of the day:

(and yes, you can substitute the Sabres logo for the Canucks logo & it would be applicable for much of its history)

• Haha 2