US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Cheapshot of the day:

(and yes, you can substitute the Sabres logo for the Canucks logo & it would be applicable for much of its history)

Plan?  What plan?  I'd be excited if the Sabres had an actual plan! 

Right now their plan is, "Put this dumpster fire in Lindy Ruff's lap and hope for the best."

• Cheers 2

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

Right now their plan is, "Put this dumpster fire in Lindy Ruff's lap and hope for the best."

sadly it'll be "fire Lindy" that seems like right answer soon enough. 

• chaos 1

18 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I mean that is a concept of a plan. 😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Trump had the best economy going for the USA. Unfortunately covid came. Nobody complained about affordability when he was in power. Now people complain about basic things like food, gas and shelter. Not to mention there wasn’t wars and mass illegals flooding the country, taking over peoples communities and (eating the cats). It’s sick how the left can’t see how bad it really is and that it’s a direct result of their incompetence.

So since stocks are higher than ever, wages higher than ever and job numbers the best ever

This is due to Biden Harris and the Dems.

It's sick how the right can't see how good it really is and that's a direct result of their stupidity and nut hugging cultist mannerisms

• Cheers 4

5 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I'm sorry to hear this. My Dad was in the dump Trump but he listened to what we've had to say and he's totally changed. I am so proud of him...at his age, it's easy to be stuck on your mindset and being "right" but I convinced him that Trump's a delusional maniac and he is now the opposite of MAGA and is one of us MOFOs

Made Our Family Officially Stronger

F Trump

Thanks, yea I don't even care about the political stuff. I'd just like to have my old dad back.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
  • Vintage 1

I don't know how many of you remember Biden, when he got into office, promising to do something about the USPS reforms that have slowed down the mail in the name of trying to save money.

Well after the Afghanistan debacle took precedence, the USPS issue was forgotten by the wayside and his administration stopped trying to figure out a way to replace the person running the USPS or pressuring him to speed things back up.

My point?  There are postal employees warning everyone that there will be plenty of mail-in ballots that won't get through the ever-growing backlog of mail on time to be counted.

Why does that matter?  The mail-in ballots favour the Democratic party and by extension Kamala Harris, and it's too late to get things going again in time for November.

A few thousand "lost in the mail" votes in just one swing state has the potential to be enough to push the election in favour of one of the candidates who could have actually lost it.

Could I just be paranoid and doom mongering?  Sure.  But there are pictures and stories popping up on the internet from people claiming to be USPS workers showing how much mail is sitting around undelivered.  Could they be fake?  Sure.  But there have been credible warnings for a few years now that exactly this could/would happen, and nobody ever did anything about it.

https://apnews.com/article/election-2024-mail-ballots-voting-postal-service-985dd6e483fb6dc593d83255b11a9d0a

16 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Harris has had 3.5 years to make changes. Why hasn't she fixed anything to date? 3.5 years of higher gas, food, violent offenders being let into country, wars started. If you don't like Trump fair enough, but please don't sit there and say she will/done a great job. Talk is cheap. Can't even blame her tho she's just the puppet. 

Perhaps you need to do a little research...like basic research ... before posting and revealing your crass ignorance? Kamala Harris is the VICE PRESIDENT  of the US... NOT the President. Learn what jobs belong to whom. Who is responsible for what. Your trolling sucks Trump steaks

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

11 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I don't know how many of you remember Biden, when he got into office, promising to do something about the USPS reforms that have slowed down the mail in the name of trying to save money.

Well after the Afghanistan debacle took precedence, the USPS issue was forgotten by the wayside and his administration stopped trying to figure out a way to replace the person running the USPS or pressuring him to speed things back up.

My point?  There are postal employees warning everyone that there will be plenty of mail-in ballots that won't get through the ever-growing backlog of mail on time to be counted.

Why does that matter?  The mail-in ballots favour the Democratic party and by extension Kamala Harris, and it's too late to get things going again in time for November.

A few thousand "lost in the mail" votes in just one swing state has the potential to be enough to push the election in favour of one of the candidates who could have actually lost it.

Could I just be paranoid and doom mongering?  Sure.  But there are pictures and stories popping up on the internet from people claiming to be USPS workers showing how much mail is sitting around undelivered.  Could they be fake?  Sure.  But there have been credible warnings for a few years now that exactly this could/would happen, and nobody ever did anything about it.

https://apnews.com/article/election-2024-mail-ballots-voting-postal-service-985dd6e483fb6dc593d83255b11a9d0a

Seems to me like union posturing but I suppose it could be true.

14 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

I mentioned that somewhere back in the 'during debate' pages but others must have missed it as well because nobody seems to have caught it at the time. I was flabbergasted that the former president, even as crass and disgusting as we all know him to be,  would say that about his female debate opponent on live television in front of millions and millions of people. I do believe that the MAGA Republicans/Trump campaign people are desperately hoping that it never sees the light of day....which means... IT SHOULD DEFINITELY SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY AND BE TWEETED OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTIL IT GOES VIRAL!!!

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

I mentioned that somewhere back in the 'during debate' pages but others must have missed it as well because nobody seems to have caught it at the time. I was flabbergasted that the former president, even as crass and disgusting as we all know him to be,  would say that about his female debate opponent on live television in front of millions and millions of people. I do believe that the MAGA Republicans/Trump campaign people are desperately hoping that it never sees the light of day....which means... IT SHOULD DEFINITELY SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY AND BE TWEETED OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTIL IT GOES VIRAL!!!

nothing he says should surpise anyone. As he grows more desperate, it shoud get really wild. Harris can't respond to all his bullshit, I like how she and Walz pick their spots and let the zingers ride for a while. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Perhaps you need to do a little research...like basic research ... before posting and revealing your crass ignorance? Kamala Harris is the VICE PRESIDENT  of the US... NOT the President. Learn what jobs belong to whom. Who is responsible for what. Your trolling sucks Trump steaks

Perhaps you should take the blinders off a realize Biden is a vegetable and currently on vacation. Who is running the country again?

• Desmenko 1

2 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Why you got to be so gullible my guy.

Leave the hate, embrace critical thought, you'll be happier and healthier.

My guy, this is right from the people of Springfield Ohio. Do you live there? Have you taken count of the neighbourhood cats? 🤣

• Desmenko 1

25 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Seems to me like union posturing but I suppose it could be true.

The Postal Workers Union is all but useless these days.

It's the Democrats that rang the bell after DeJoy was appointed as Postmaster General.  They went nuts after his reforms were put in place, but then they went radio silent up until recently when they realized their ignoring of the problem has the potential to cost them votes.  Mail-in voting heavily favours them.  They should have been on this like white on rice until they found a solution.

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Perhaps you should take the blinders off a realize Biden is a vegetable and currently on vacation. Who is running the country again?

Five words... the last three are 'with your bullshit' The first two have to do with sex and travel...have a dreadful trip

• Haha 1

My guy, this is right from the people of Springfield Ohio. Do you live there? Have you taken count of the neighbourhood cats? 🤣

You're so gullible... and need a few lessons on adequate trolling skills. Yours are a fail

Biden's short vacation ended today when he attended the 9 11 ceremony and now he is back to running the country.

Yes, we know both Biden and Trump are very, very old.

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Biden's short vacation ended today when he attended the 9 11 ceremony and now he is back to running the country.

Yes, we know both Biden and Trump are very, very old.

Biden was back working today alright.. On the Trump campaign. 🙈

image.png.560c15970eb85637fbb0bf309e850391.png