US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

20 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

The funny thing is, Vance is doubling down on the story, in an attempt to make it look legit. He's using the Trump, "people are saying" routine....Tennessee congressman Tim Burchett said the same thing last night on CNN....

They're saying that the stories can't be verified, but people are calling Vance's office and saying that pets are being "kidnapped by migrants". The old, "I don't know if it's true, but it's what I heard" defense, although anyone with half a brain should be able to see it as the BS that it is....

I don't remember who was asking Vance about it, but if it were me, I'd have a few questions:

1 - If these people are reporting these crimes to you, why aren't they reporting it to the police as well? The cops say there have received no reports.

2 - How do these people know the "kidnappers" are migrants? We're they wearing badges? Haitian flags? (and would the average citizen of Ohio recognize the Haitian flag if they saw it?)

3 - Why are these migrants going to all this trouble? If you're that hungry, wouldn't it be easier to steal and apple from the grocery store?

I'll repeat what I said earlier: If you believe this story (and make no mistake, Trump, Vance et al, do not) you are an idiot....

Not only that, but even if the story is true, and some migrant family in Springfield was eating cats, how is it fair to paint all migrants with this brush? In a country with 330,000,000 people, stuff is bound to happen. 

• Cheers 3

I was thinking about the 'put out' jab Don tried.

I am very glad that Harris didnt react but would it not have been fun for her to say somehting like "sure, but I have never had to pay for it"

The era that men are allowed to have sex and are seen as champs if they do it a lot, but women should never because that would make them sluts should have died many moons ago. It's just another example of idiocy coming out of the orange dinosaur's mouth.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I was thinking about the 'put out' jab Don tried.

I am very glad that Harris didnt react but would it not have been fun for her to say somehting like "sure, but I have never had to pay for it"

The era that men are allowed to have sex and are seen as champs if they do it a lot, but women should never because that would make them sluts should have died many moons ago. It's just another example of idiocy coming out of the orange dinosaur's mouth.

I think my response would be something like, "Wow! I think you've set off a bit of a storm with that 'put out' remark.....or should I say 'Stormy'?"

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

The funny thing is, Vance is doubling down on the story, in an attempt to make it look legit. He's using the Trump, "people are saying" routine....Tennessee congressman Tim Burchett said the same thing last night on CNN....

They're saying that the stories can't be verified, but people are calling Vance's office and saying that pets are being "kidnapped by migrants". The old, "I don't know if it's true, but it's what I heard" defense, although anyone with half a brain should be able to see it as the BS that it is....

I don't remember who was asking Vance about it, but if it were me, I'd have a few questions:

1 - If these people are reporting these crimes to you, why aren't they reporting it to the police as well? The cops say there have received no reports.

2 - How do these people know the "kidnappers" are migrants? We're they wearing badges? Haitian flags? (and would the average citizen of Ohio recognize the Haitian flag if they saw it?)

3 - Why are these migrants going to all this trouble? If you're that hungry, wouldn't it be easier to steal and apple from the grocery store?

I'll repeat what I said earlier: If you believe this story (and make no mistake, Trump, Vance et al, do not) you are an idiot....

The Venezuelan gangs taking over buildings and killing people in Aurora Colorado is bullshit too, and they regurgitate it like it's gospel, and the cult followers eat it up.

Ultimately, I think, getting elected is low on the priority list for MAGA.......what they want is to bilk as many of their cult out their money as possible.  It is, primarily, a well executed con.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

The Venezuelan gangs taking over buildings and killing people in Aurora Colorado is bullshit too, and they regurgitate it like it's gospel, and the cult followers eat it up.

Ultimately, I think, getting elected is low on the priority list for MAGA.......what they want is to bilk as many of their cult out their money as possible.  It is, primarily, a well executed con.

I'd say that's accurate with the exception of Trump himself. He needs to get elected in order to stay out of prison. (or at the very least, house arrest in Mara-Lardo)

• Cheers 1

Lies have consequences...

Springfield, subject of baseless pet-eating claim spread by Trump at debate, receives bomb threats

The city of Springfield in Ohio evacuated and closed its city hall Thursday due to a bomb threat, days after it became the subject of false claims about migrants stealing residents' pets.

City officials said in a post on Facebook that an email threat was received just before 8:30 a.m. ET.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/springfield-bomb-threats-1.7321289

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, 24K said:

Never in my wildest dream that the September surprise and big lie is eating kittens. 

Do they actually think that makes them seem like a viable choice to non batshit crazy people?

• Cheers 1