US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Interactive Brokers will launch US election betting next week

There are venues for betting on the US election but this is seen as a big deal because IB has around 3 million customers.

IB will open betting from Monday, September 16.

• bets on Trump or Harris
  • also bets on swing-state Senate races

Info via Wall Street Journal (gated)

-

In other political news, Trump has said he won't debate Harris again.

Harris had been pushing for another debate:

• I believe we owe it to the voters to have another debate, because this election and what is at stake could not be more important

Trump says No.

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

In other political news, Trump has said he won't debate Harris again.

Harris had been pushing for another debate:

• I believe we owe it to the voters to have another debate, because this election and what is at stake could not be more important

Trump says No.

Time for her to drill Trump on being too much of a coward to debate again.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

I guarantee you those ads are already being prepared not only by her campaign but the Lincoln Project. Complete with chicken noises.

Or pictures of cannibalism since he was the one that brought up questionable eating practices.

I did a very deep dive into Donald Trump's KFC picture - The Washington Post

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I'd been wondering where this 'abortion after birth' stuff came from for a while now.

The origins of Trump’s false claim that Democrats want to allow ‘execution’ of babies after birth

So where did Trump’s claim about executing newborn babies — one he also made in CNN’s June 27 debate against President Joe Biden — come from?

It appears to stem from comments made by former Virginia (not West Virginia) Gov. Ralph Northam, a Democrat and pediatric neurologist, in an interview with Washington, DC, radio station WTOP in 2019.

Northam was asked about a proposed bill that would eliminate certain requirements around access to abortion in the second and third trimesters, and specifically about comments from the bill’s sponsor acknowledging that it would allow abortions up until just before birth.

Northam noted that abortions in the third trimester of pregnancy are “done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that’s nonviable. So in this particular example, if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen: The infant would be delivered; the infant would be kept comfortable; the infant would be resuscitated, if that’s what the mother and the family desired. And then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

The bill never became law. Abortions are currently legal in Virginia until the third trimester.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/12/health/trump-abortion-after-birth/index.html

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

who is this Loomer weirdo? never heard of her until this thread. 

She's in an uber right wing provocateur. Anti Muslim, 9/11 truther all around shit disturber. She's worked for Project Veritas, InfoWars, Rebel Media etc.

While at Barry university she tried to start an ISIS support club to prove some type of point and wound up getting suspended. There's a whole laundry list of her stunts. She ran for congress awhile ago and got demolished by 20 points.

Loomer has also found an ally with Donald Trump Jr. who said "I'd love to see her as press secretary just to watch D.C. just explode"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Loomer

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

She's in an uber right wing provocateur. Anti Muslim, 9/11 truther all around shit disturber. She's worked for Project Veritas, InfoWars, Rebel Media etc.

While at Barry university she tried to start an ISIS support club to prove some type of point and wound up getting suspended. There's a whole laundry list of her stunts. She ran for congress awhile ago and got demolished by 20 points.

Loomer has also found an ally with Donald Trump Jr. who said "I'd love to see her as press secretary just to watch D.C. just explode"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Loomer

Sounds like a peach.

More bad news for Hair Gropenfuhrer.....Kamala raised $47 million in 24 hours after the debate.....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/harris-sees-largest-24-hour-fundraising-haul-since-entering-race-report/ar-AA1qtTrq?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=3f514570422f4cf49339c9f67a4e0aed&ei=41

Vice President Kamala Harris raised a staggering $47 million — just in the 24 hours after the debate in Philadelphia, reported The New York Times on Thursday.

The new haul, according to the report, included donations from 600,000 people. The Times noted the number amounts to Harris' largest 24-hour fund-raising period since she entered the race in July — and raised $81 million on her first day.

"Ms. Harris already had a significant financial edge over Mr. Trump entering September," the Times said. "Her operation said it had $404 million cash on hand, while Mr. Trump had $295 million."

"Nobody's ever seen number like that".....:classic_cool:

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, brilac said:

I heard that Trump is not debating Harris again.

WHY?

I’m very disappointed over this.

It’s the most entertaining show on TV right now!

When a beta male meets an alpha female.  

He knew he looked terrible on TV with Kamala.  I wouldn't advise him to do another one.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Olli Juolevi said:

Loomer's reponse, something along the lines of "you and the Arby's  between your legs", is one of the most repulsive things I've ever read when you consider that it's said to MTG. 

Imagine a world where Laura Loomer is Press Secretary, RFK Jr. is Secretary of State, Steven Miller is head of Homeland Security and author of the Final Solution, MTG as Attorney-General, Boebert is Ambassador to the UN, Tucker Carlson is the head of the CIA, Sean Hannity is head of the FBI, Laura Ingraham as head of border security, Jeannine Pirro as Federal Wine Taster, Ted Nugent as White House Chief of Staff, Eric Trump as Secretary of the Treasury, and Don Jr. as head of the Drug Enforcement Agency (which will provide him with a reliable and endless supply of whatever it is he uses every day). Putin and Xi would have a weekend sleepover and by Monday would have figured out a way to slice and dice the once great but now a shit show Disunited States of America.As Biden would say, "I'm not joking here, Jack."

9 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Imagine a world where Laura Loomer is Press Secretary, RFK Jr. is Secretary of State, Steven Miller is head of Homeland Security and author of the Final Solution, MTG as Attorney-General, Boebert is Ambassador to the UN, Tucker Carlson is the head of the CIA, Sean Hannity is head of the FBI, Laura Ingraham as head of border security, Jeannine Pirro as Federal Wine Taster, Ted Nugent as White House Chief of Staff, Eric Trump as Secretary of the Treasury, and Don Jr. as head of the Drug Enforcement Agency (which will provide him with a reliable and endless supply of whatever it is he uses every day). Putin and Xi would have a weekend sleepover and by Monday would have figured out a way to slice and dice the once great but now a shit show Disunited States of America.As Biden would say, "I'm not joking here, Jack."

Kid Rock as the First Lady.😜

• Haha 1