US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The debate was not good from either side.

I completely 100% disagree.

It was fantastic for the Dems. Home run.

I thought Trump had more substance but Harris ultimately came out looking better. 

He had more lies, I couldn't find much substance as he was all over the ice.

I don't really think it ultimately changes much tho. I'd be curious to see another debate on a different network.

Speaking of all over the ice, if this was a hockey game I would have scored it 8-1 for Harris. Trump was ok in the first few mins then started to flail.

Has Trump agreed to another debate? last I heard he was licking his wounds and refusing. 

Normally debates dont change much, but this one seems different. Adding to it is that fact that the most popular popstar on the planet endorsed Kamala right after. She is a force, make no mistake. Some report that when Swift tours the US, it adds $5.7 Billion to the economy. Hows that for crowd size, don?

• ThereItIs 1

Hate Trump all you want, I did, and still do on a personal level.. But don't let the hate fool you. There's a reason for the media and political bias. To me it's very obvious, and "Trump haters" (I used to be one myself) absolutely refuse to see it. 

I have never once in my entire life supported a republican candidate, but there's just way too much bias in our mainstream media against Trump for me not to think hes our best option. Kamala is just another strung along puppet like the rest of the corrupt politicians. Everything she says is so obviously fake and scripted it's sickening to listen to and have all these "smart" people buy into is laughable. The bias in the debate was so bloody obvious they're not even trying to hide it in the slightest.

Another thing... 1 has repeatedly said they want to try and end wars that could very well lead to WW3, and by saying this they try to convince you he's buddies with dictators, and instead of looking into it you just buy the BS rhetoric they feed you to fit their (your) narrative. Kamala says Trump would just "hive up" the war.. What does she mean give up? Sounds to me there's a US agenda here to give up on, and not a war between 2 OTHER countries to try and negotiate peace in.. I hate Russia as much as anyone, but yall think it's safe to back them into a corner? I hope to god for your sons and daughters sake Putin doesnt go crazy and start setting them nukes off when all hope is lost for Russia, because eventually it's going to be at that point where its nukes or surrender for Russia.. Ifld prefer the candidate that has shown a willingness to end a potential WW3 over someone who clearly has no intentions at trying to calm the very dangerous tension in the middle east.

Also can you imagine if Bush, Obama, or Biden got shot at 2 months ago? We'd be force fed that crap day in and day out.. But for some reason the only time it even gets mentioned is when Trump mentions it. I'm not a big conspiracy guy, but you can't convince me that highly trained secret service dropped the ball that bad. A random group of untrained civilians with walkie talkies could've protected the president better than that, but every Trump hater will turn a blind eye to it, and then say Trump is a threat to democracy.

Naw F that man. I'm not going to go back and forth with anyone, because I know it will get heated, and I will get banned, but I'm so sick of the obvious bias towards Trump, and everyone just buying into it, while refusing to see the bigger picture. 

I've posted a couple videos before yall Trump haters should watch. 1st one showing BACKED UP PROOF about how ridiculously biased that debate was. What's really sickening is they were fact checking Trumps truths with lies, and you guys are dumb enough to buy it, and will likely watch the proof and ignore it.. Thats how much they convinced you to hate Trump. They convinced you to hate Trump so much you guys would vote for anyone else regardless of who it is.

RIGGED DEBATE (BACKED WITH PROOF)

TRUMP RACIST?

TRUMP WANTING TO END WAR

GIVE WHAT UP?.. KAMALA ON RUSSIA/UKRAINE (OR USA?) CONFLICT

I hope if Kamala gets in, when WW3 kicks off they atleast send the sons and daughters of Kamala supporters to war first. It's only fair imho.

Choose to ignore it all you want.. If you can admit the media and political bias and still not want to vote Trump I can get on board with that, but you can't tell me they're being fair with Trump. If you think that that, you're just so close minded and tunnel focused on your candidate you refuse to actually see both sides.  Pretty much they way everyone is about politics these days. They sit on 1 side of the fence and completely refuse to look at the other side to see if the grass may be greener. Scary really.

Anyway that's my thoughts on the discussion. Happy discussion guys. Like I said I won't be going back and forth with anyone, as I can already sense the backlash I'm about to get.. Trump haters might be the most extreme people I've ever talked politics with 🤣

Scary times. Hope the right decision is made regardless whose on which side of the fence.. But from my POV, I feel like it's time we wake the F up and see the obvious media corruption.. I mean none of us are blind to other countries media corruption.. Why can't we see it in our own? Especially now. Like they literally aren't even hiding it now. It's in plain sight and people still don't accept it.. There's a threat to democracy in front of us alright.. And I can tell you 1 thing.. It's not Trump...

Anywhoooo that's my 2 cents. Cheers guys! .. Don't attack my view too harshly like most left wingers do these days 🤣

14 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I completely 100% disagree.

It was fantastic for the Dems. Home run.

He had more lies, I couldn't find much substance as he was all over the ice.

Speaking of all over the ice, if this was a hockey game I would have scored it 8-1 for Harris. Trump was ok in the first few mins then started to flail.

Has Trump agreed to another debate? last I heard he was licking his wounds and refusing. 

Normally debates dont change much, but this one seems different. Adding to it is that fact that the most popular popstar on the planet endorsed Kamala right after. She is a force, make no mistake. Some report that when Swift tours the US, it adds $5.7 Billion to the economy. Hows that for crowd size, don?

Her whole tour added about 5 billion to the economies she visited.  
Either way, that’s shocking.  
If only her fans were old enough to vote 

19 minutes ago, Gator said:

Hate Trump all you want, I did, and still do on a personal level.. But don't let the hate fool you. There's a reason for the media and political bias. To me it's very obvious, and "Trump haters" (I used to be one myself) absolutely refuse to see it. 

I have never once in my entire life supported a republican candidate, but there's just way too much bias in our mainstream media against Trump for me not to think hes our best option. Kamala is just another strung along puppet like the rest of the corrupt politicians. Everything she says is so obviously fake and scripted it's sickening to listen to and have all these "smart" people buy into is laughable. The bias in the debate was so bloody obvious they're not even trying to hide it in the slightest.

Another thing... 1 has repeatedly said they want to try and end wars that could very well lead to WW3, and by saying this they try to convince you he's buddies with dictators, and instead of looking into it you just buy the BS rhetoric they feed you to fit their (your) narrative. Kamala says Trump would just "hive up" the war.. What does she mean give up? Sounds to me there's a US agenda here to give up on, and not a war between 2 OTHER countries to try and negotiate peace in.. I hate Russia as much as anyone, but yall think it's safe to back them into a corner? I hope to god for your sons and daughters sake Putin doesnt go crazy and start setting them nukes off when all hope is lost for Russia, because eventually it's going to be at that point where its nukes or surrender for Russia.. Ifld prefer the candidate that has shown a willingness to end a potential WW3 over someone who clearly has no intentions at trying to calm the very dangerous tension in the middle east.

Also can you imagine if Bush, Obama, or Biden got shot at 2 months ago? We'd be force fed that crap day in and day out.. But for some reason the only time it even gets mentioned is when Trump mentions it. I'm not a big conspiracy guy, but you can't convince me that highly trained secret service dropped the ball that bad. A random group of untrained civilians with walkie talkies could've protected the president better than that, but every Trump hater will turn a blind eye to it, and then say Trump is a threat to democracy.

Naw F that man. I'm not going to go back and forth with anyone, because I know it will get heated, and I will get banned, but I'm so sick of the obvious bias towards Trump, and everyone just buying into it, while refusing to see the bigger picture. 

I've posted a couple videos before yall Trump haters should watch. 1st one showing BACKED UP PROOF about how ridiculously biased that debate was. What's really sickening is they were fact checking Trumps truths with lies, and you guys are dumb enough to buy it, and will likely watch the proof and ignore it.. Thats how much they convinced you to hate Trump. They convinced you to hate Trump so much you guys would vote for anyone else regardless of who it is.

RIGGED DEBATE (BACKED WITH PROOF)

TRUMP RACIST?

TRUMP WANTING TO END WAR

GIVE WHAT UP?.. KAMALA ON RUSSIA/UKRAINE (OR USA?) CONFLICT

I hope if Kamala gets in, when WW3 kicks off they atleast send the sons and daughters of Kamala supporters to war first. It's only fair imho.

Choose to ignore it all you want.. If you can admit the media and political bias and still not want to vote Trump I can get on board with that, but you can't tell me they're being fair with Trump. If you think that that, you're just so close minded and tunnel focused on your candidate you refuse to actually see both sides.  Pretty much they way everyone is about politics these days. They sit on 1 side of the fence and completely refuse to look at the other side to see if the grass may be greener. Scary really.

Anyway that's my thoughts on the discussion. Happy discussion guys. Like I said I won't be going back and forth with anyone, as I can already sense the backlash I'm about to get.. Trump haters might be the most extreme people I've ever talked politics with 🤣

Scary times. Hope the right decision is made regardless whose on which side of the fence.. But from my POV, I feel like it's time we wake the F up and see the obvious media corruption.. I mean none of us are blind to other countries media corruption.. Why can't we see it in our own? Especially now. Like they literally aren't even hiding it now. It's in plain sight and people still don't accept it.. There's a threat to democracy in front of us alright.. And I can tell you 1 thing.. It's not Trump...

Anywhoooo that's my 2 cents. Cheers guys! .. Don't attack my view too harshly like most left wingers do these days 🤣

Kool Aid Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Her whole tour added about 5 billion to the economies she visited.  
Either way, that’s shocking.  
If only her fans were old enough to vote 

Well, in the immediate aftermath of her post almost 400k people went to the voter registration site.  

22 minutes ago, Gator said:

What's really sickening is they were fact checking Trumps truths with lies, 

I'm not really going to get into a back and forth about anything else you posted, but can you clarify this? Which Truths, exactly were fact-checked with lies?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

I'm not really going to get into a back and forth about anything else you posted, but can you clarify this? Which Truths, exactly were fact-checked with lies?

Watch the video.. Skip the first minute or 2 to get to real fact checks. Wish she didn't start it off with so much Trump glamor because a lot of Trump haters won't sit through that to get to the facts she points out.

She literally backs it up with proof 

But the breakdown..

He was right about late term abortion (and even the execution part)

He was right about the pets being eaten

Thise are the 2 extreme things even I thought he was full of sh** on at the time.. But nope he was right, and got fact checked.. He may not express things the best way, but hes right.. and maybe he doesn't express himself the right way because it's not fake scripted BS coming out of his mouth. He's being real. Atleast more real than your typical politician

Edited by Gator

Just now, Gator said:

Watch the video.. Skip the first minute or 2 to get to real fact checks. Wish she didn't start it off with so much Trump glamor because a lot of Trump haters won't sit through that to get to the facts she points out.

I'm not in the habit of giving views to random youtubers, especially ones that you even admit have a political bias. I'll ask again: Which Trump truths were fact checked with lies by the moderators?

1 minute ago, StrayDog said:

I'm not in the habit of giving views to random youtubers, especially ones that you even admit have a political bias. I'll ask again: Which Trump truths were fact checked with lies by the moderators?

I edited the post incase you wouldnt watch.

You watch news with obvious bias I assume?

CNN - Democratic bias

FOX - Republican bias

Atleast this youtuber fact checks with proof, and not just her own words/opinion

7 minutes ago, Gator said:

But the breakdown..

He was right about late term abortion (and even the execution part)

He was right about the pets being eaten

Thise are the 2 extreme things even I thought he was full of sh** on at the time.. But nope he was right, and got fact checked.. He may not express things the best way, but hes right.. and maybe he doesn't express himself the right way because it's not fake scripted BS coming out of his mouth. He's being real. Atleast more real than your typical politician

Sorry, you edited while I was replying. 

Can you provide proof that pets are being eaten by Haitian immigrants?

Can you give me proof of executing newborn babies?

2 minutes ago, Gator said:

I edited the post incase you wouldnt watch.

You watch news with obvious bias I assume?

CNN - Democratic bias

FOX - Republican bias

Atleast this youtuber fact checks with proof, and not just her own words/opinion

If there is proof, I would assume you could provide me some form of official links. Local or state governments? Hospital records? 

Where is this youtuber getting her facts from? If she is as heavily enamored of Trump as you pointed out, how can I trust her information?

As for the pets thing, she shows an article written about it, and I have seen video of residents talking about it on a news station. I'll have to try and find the video I seen the other day. Will get back to you with it soon. It exists.

Edited by Gator
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

If there is proof, I would assume you could provide me some form of official links. Local or state governments? Hospital records? 

Where is this youtuber getting her facts from? If she is as heavily enamored of Trump as you pointed out, how can I trust her information?

Skip to 50 seconds for the part about eating animals. Tried to record it myself and post but file is too big. Watch or don't. Truth is there if you care to find it

2 minutes ago, Gator said:

As for the pets thing, she shows an article written about it, and I have seen video of residents talking about it on a news station. I'll have to try and find the video I seen the other day. Will get back to you with it soon. It exists.

EWTN is a "Global Catholic Network". I would hardly consider them to be objective about abortion. And that video they showed was heavily edited from his complete statements about nonviable babies surviving a third trimester or after birth.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

EWTN is a "Global Catholic Network". I would hardly consider them to be objective about abortion. And that video they showed was heavily edited from his complete statements about nonviable babies surviving a third trimester or after birth.

Didn't realize that was a news thing. Love how yall see fake news when it's not "your channel" 🤣

Anyway here is fully unedited version of buddy talking about it...

Edited by Gator

11 minutes ago, Gator said:

And yet there are no official records from the local government that Haitian immigrants are eating cats and dogs. According to Springfield PD, no credible reports have come forward. 

If you're argument is you've seen people talking about it on the news, can you provide links? I have seen people talking on the news about Trump being a rapist and causing an armed insurrection. You would prefer that in office over anyone else?

• Cheers 1

Just now, StrayDog said:

And yet there are no official records from the local government that Haitian immigrants are eating cats and dogs. According to Springfield PD, no credible reports have come forward. 

If you're argument is you've seen people talking about it on the news, can you provide links? I have seen people talking on the news about Trump being a rapist and causing an armed insurrection. You would prefer that in office over anyone else?

Like I said. Not being baited into the back and forth. Ignore the facts all you want. I provided them for you. Like I said. If Kamala wins, hopefully they send yours sons and daughters to war, and not mine. 

You want to buy into the media propoganda, go fight their wars for them too. I'll go with the guys atleast wanting world peace, and talking about real stuff. I'm not buying all that fake scripted crap.

This isn't democratic vs republican to me. I've always been a "democrat" in terms of who I supported in the past. I'm tired of the bullshit the media feeds us. We get brainwashed just as bad as they do in China and Russia, and everywhere else in the world. To me I just see through the bullshit.. And I just pray enough other people will too.. 

As for the pets/abortion thing, it's more of a way to show you how bias that debate was, and the way they wrongfully fact checked Trump.. Yet they didn't fact check Kamala a sing time.. Yet she claimed Trump was buddies with dictators, claimes he wrote love letter to Kim Jung Un, claimed he's part of project 20205.. Like how can you not see the bias.. You can. You just refuse to do so.

Anyway that's as back and forth as I'm going to get. Not looking to get myself banned because I don't support Kamala. People get banned on here for being an anti vaxxer so I have to be careful

Yall lefties be censoring everything these days like it's communist China 🤣

12 minutes ago, Gator said:

Didn't realize that was a news thing. Love how yall see fake news when it's not "your channel" 🤣

My grade 4's have better media literacy than you do.  Like, by a lot

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Gator said:

First off, thank you for providing the full quote. I respect the statement that Northam made. Especially when I have family who went through the hell of nonviable twins carried to term and not surviving. Parents cradling a small casket in church is not something anyone should see, and a lot of pain brought on by hope could have been spared if they had been allowed a late-term abortion.

Second, please do not bring "fake news" into the conversation. It belies anything you have said previously about never being a Trump supporter.

1 minute ago, Gator said:

Like I said. Not being baited into the back and forth. Ignore the facts all you want. I provided them for you. Like I said. If Kamala wins, hopefully they send yours sons and daughters to war, and not mine. 

You want to buy into the media propoganda, go fight their wars for them too. I'll go with the guys atleast wanting world peace, and talking about real stuff. I'm not buying all that fake scripted crap.

This isn't democratic vs republican to me. I've always been a "democrat" in terms of who I supported in the past. I'm tired of the bullshit the media feeds us. We get brainwashed just as bad as they do in China and Russia, and everywhere else in the world. To me I just see through the bullshit.. And I just pray enough other people will too.. 

As for the pets/abortion thing, it's more of a way to show you how bias that debate was, and the way they wrongfully fact checked Trump.. Yet they didn't fact check Kamala a sing time.. Yet she claimed Trump was buddies with dictators, claimes he wrote love letter to Kim Jung Un, claimed he's part of project 20205.. Like how can you not see the bias.. You can. You just refuse to do so.

Anyway that's as back and forth as I'm going to get. Not looking to get myself banned because I don't support Kamala. People get banned on here for being an anti vaxxer so I have to be careful

Frustrated Here We Go GIF by Sesame Street

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Gator said:

Sadly, you provided nothing more than any other right-wing talking head that I've seen. I really had hopes you could give more than that.

1 minute ago, StrayDog said:

First off, thank you for providing the full quote. I respect the statement that Northam made. Especially when I have family who went through the hell of nonviable twins carried to term and not surviving. Parents cradling a small casket in church is not something anyone should see, and a lot of pain brought on by hope could have been spared if they had been allowed a late-term abortion.

Second, please do not bring "fake news" into the conversation. It belies anything you have said previously about never being a Trump supporter.

All of that mainstream media is fake news. Fox, CNN, every bit of it. For or against Trump it's all fake.

They twist and push their narrative and yall buy it like a bunch of puppets instead of doing research outside of the grasp of the mainstream media. What scares me is I know some very very very smart people that fall for it and to me thats VERY scary

Like you guys know Russians and Chinese are being brainwashed by their governments via news, but honestly believe they dont do the same here?

That is so crazy to me that people really think our news and politicians are that honest with us... WOW

Anyway this is legit my last post on the topic. Nothing worse than debating with close minded people in politics. A pointless discussion that's just going to end in a fight lol

Just now, Gator said:

All of that mainstream media is fake news. Fox, CNN, every bit of it. For or against Trump it's all fake.

They twist and push their narrative and yall buy it like a bunch of puppets instead of doing research outside of the grasp of the mainstream media. What scares me is I know some very very very smart people that fall for it and to me thats VERY scary

Like you guys know Russians and Chinese are being brainwashed by their governments via news, but honestly believe they dont do the same here?

That is so crazy to me that people really think our news and politicians are that honest with us... WOW

Anyway this is legit my last post on the topic. Nothing worse than debating with close minded people in politics. A pointless discussion that's just going to end in a fight lol

If you add flat earth and fake moon landings, you could put out a greatest hits album

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Frustrated Here We Go GIF by Sesame Street

Thats what the Trump haters do. Ignore facts, point out the couple things said like that, and go on believing the BS. I've been on both sides of the fence. I bought the same BS you guys are buying at some point.

Maybe Kamala is better than Trump.. Who knows.. But from where I'm sitting I see 1 guy that wants to end a potential nuclear war, vs 1 who doesnt want to "give up".. That alone should be enough for you to vote Trump. The fact that they brainwashed yall against Trump that much that you're willing to risk everyone's lives just to not have Trump in office is very scary.

Obama in: Annexed Crimea

Trump in: Peace in middle east

Biden in: Russia invades Ukraine, Israel/Hamas war, China threatening Tawaiin

Trump Debate: I will end war. I want people to stop dying

Kamala debate: Trump would just give up the war

Open your damn eyes before the planet turns into a radiated fireball. To me there's so many reasons to vote Trump, but the 1 that blows my mind that people refuse to see is this very real threat of nuclear war.. Think of your god damn children