US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Playoff Beered said:

This should be interesting, will she take a bullet for her daddy?

Donald Trump is set to testify Nov. 6 in civil fraud trial. Daughter Ivanka also will testify

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-fraud-lawsuit-trial-ivanka-trump-testimony-c7018a92f3a2cb2496a55ad1cacf2412

In her defense, claiming that she knows nothing kind of tracks.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

The US had a civil war 160+ years ago and nothing has really changed

Well thisnis what happens when US went into reconstruction and rehabilitating confederates rather than ending them from the root. 

17 hours ago, 24K said:

Well thisnis what happens when US went into reconstruction and rehabilitating confederates rather than ending them from the root. 

After the Civil War ended there was no appetite to punish them for failing to live up to their promises regarding Reconstruction. This would have disastrous results for African Americans who would continue be be viewed as just Africans.

40 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Pence quits the presidential race after struggling to gain traction. 'This is not my time,' he says

NEW YORK (AP) — Former Vice President Mike Pence on Saturday dropped his bid for the Republican presidential nomination, ending his campaign for the White House after struggling to raise money and gain traction in the polls.

“It’s become clear to me: This is not my time," Pence said at the Republican Jewish Coalition’s annual gathering in Las Vegas. “So after much prayer and deliberation, I have decided to suspend my campaign for president effective today.”

more in the link https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-vice-president-mike-pence-182854888.html

Long story short - God spoke to him and told him to knock it off.

Jeez....you'd think God would have done him a solid and told him before he embarrassed himself....:classic_unsure:

....and after all the years of tire pumping MP has done for the big guy....

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Pence quits the presidential race after struggling to gain traction. 'This is not my time,' he says

NEW YORK (AP) — Former Vice President Mike Pence on Saturday dropped his bid for the Republican presidential nomination, ending his campaign for the White House after struggling to raise money and gain traction in the polls.

“It’s become clear to me: This is not my time," Pence said at the Republican Jewish Coalition’s annual gathering in Las Vegas. “So after much prayer and deliberation, I have decided to suspend my campaign for president effective today.”

more in the link https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-vice-president-mike-pence-182854888.html

"suspend" 

23 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Obama Reaction GIF

Sorry

I know this confuses you

But think really really hard about the state of the us now and what the civil war was fought over and decide for yourself how much of it is still a prominent issue 

I have faith in you.  I know you're confused but just try

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sorry

I know this confuses you

But think really really hard about the state of the us now and what the civil war was fought over and decide for yourself how much of it is still a prominent issue 

I have faith in you.  I know you're confused but just try

sure, prominent, but thats not what you said. To say 'nothing has really changed' since the civil war is hyperbole. Sorry if I was supposed to clap. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

sure, prominent, but thats not what you said. To say 'nothing has really changed' since the civil war is hyperbole. Sorry if I was supposed to clap. 

The need to argue everything in some people can be strong.

Almost as strong as the need to avoid the obvious because it supercedes their need to argue any point that they don't agree with regardless of validity

The failure and resulting death of the western empire will go out with not a whimper.  But a thumbs up on a social media post

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

He prayed to his donors and his financials gods didn’t will it. 

His prayer schtick is hilarious. No one buys his schtick nor will they fund it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1