US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

25 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Just my opinion ,

but I’d say at least 50 % of Trump support is “orchestrated “ ,.   And not real .

I see you've found some of those Swifties for Trump...

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

In my mma world, one of Trumps lap dogs Dana White is known for the same.

He always claims one thing, then does another. The comment sections are hilarious. Nobody trusts him, and many have a lesser opinion of him than hockey fans with Bettman. 

I really want to see a strong union for the fighters take shape under his watch.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, the destroyer of worlds said:

Gator gives me confused.

Only one confused is him.  

Those are badges of honour.

I got one today too, from our resident internet referee though. A dude that doesn't get into the game but makes calls on the plays. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

How did they know they were Haitian?  Did they know them?  Did they call them?

Also, now its geese and ducks??  That is NOT cats/dogs/pets that TRUMP claimed in the debate.  

Grasping at straws I see.   LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

There was a lady in the video who ate a cat… but unfortunately for Trump, she was a local… lol

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Gator said:

Show me proof of that.. Not an article from a democratic bias network (unless they have video evidence). Not saying your wrong, but I've never seen any kind of evidence to support that claim

This is from Vance today, sorry its Washington Post but you can find the direct quote from Vance himself: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/09/12/vance-trump-ukraine-russia-war-plan/

Here's Vance on video tho, starts around the 1:10 mark: https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/video/9.6509272

Just now, Bob Long said:

This is from Vance today, sorry its Washington Post but you can find the direct quote from Vance himself: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/09/12/vance-trump-ukraine-russia-war-plan/

Here's Vance on video tho, starts around the 1:10 mark: https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/video/9.6509272

CBC?

WAPO?

YA nope, not a trusted source.  Bias liberal leftists media.

Show me a credible youtube account of a woman who has done her own research for me to believe it

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The article I posted has direct quotes as well and he just moaned about the source.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I really want to see a strong union for the fighters take shape under his watch.

Me too.

The UFC is terrible to it's 'independent contractors'. It's an absolute joke. Cung Le and crew made some headway in court about UFC nonsense. Hope more of that happens. 

Dana, though he helped grow the sport, also got in the way of so many great match ups due to his ego. As a fan I feel robbed over the last 3 decades.

I would pay to get in the cage with him. I dislike him that much. 

Anyway, he's a lot like his hero Trump and I hope one day they both go the way of the dodo. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

In my mma world, one of Trumps lap dogs Dana White is known for the same.

He always claims one thing, then does another. The comment sections are hilarious. Nobody trusts him, and many have a lesser opinion of him than hockey fans with Bettman. 

he's just bumping the stock up a bit before he flees. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

56 minutes ago, Gator said:

Show me proof of that.. Not an article from a democratic bias network (unless they have video evidence). Not saying your wrong, but I've never seen any kind of evidence to support that claim

About halfway through, Vance lays it out.

Current line is the new line, no NATO for Ukraine and demilitarized zone.

Brilliant plan except: Russia gets everything it wants, can recharge for a while, then attack again in the future. The republican nominee for vp ladies and gentlemen.

• ThereItIs 4

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

CBC?

WAPO?

YA nope, not a trusted source.  Bias liberal leftists media.

Show me a credible youtube account of a woman who has done her own research for me to believe it

But i have Vance on video in the second link 😆

Trump and Vance are going to cede Ukrainian terrory, ensure Ukraine can't join NATO, and not requre any reparations from Russia. So basically giving Pooty what he wanted, and time to regroup for when he goes after Ukraine again in 5 years. 

• Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Gator said:

May as well quote a CNN article about it...

Democrats were much more likely than Republicans to say they trust both NBC News and MSNBC for political and election news. A majority of Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents (61%) said they trust NBC News, compared with 30% of Republicans and GOP leaners. For MSNBC, 48% of Democrats and 18% of Republicans trusted the network for political news.

Everyone takes these mainstream media outlets as fact, and will discredit hard video evidence by a youtuber doing real research, and literally showing proof. Somehow not only 1 or 2 "democrats" (fair to say?) are turning a blind eye to it, but the whole bunch of you are completely ignoring the facts lol

I could get on board if you acknowledged the bias, and still held your stance on Harris.. But to just ignore it like yall do just speaks volume to how brainwashed the general public is.

It's not just Democrats, republicans are just as close minded and crazy. I hate talking politics because 99% of you are completely close minded puppets attached to your "network(s)"... Like I said I have NEVER supported a republican candidate before, so I assumed I was democrat, but this clear as day out in the open hate towards Trump really opened mine and many others eyes.. And funny thing is, it started with the hate from Fox. I'll note I hated Trump until after Biden got in, but my point is the bias corruption was obvious before he even got in.

Remember the days Republicans hated Trump? one clip I love is a video of him debating Jeb Bush and it shows the corruption in the audience..  But yet they convince you Trump is the corrupt one. This video is pretty telling in my eyes.. Also keep in mind Trump is the ONLY president to not accept a salary as well.

Now I could go do some digging but that's 1 moment that stands out to me without needing to dig for info you'll ignore anyway.

Another video that shows clear bias against Trump is the way they question him on the Russia vs Ukraine war. Why do they try so hard to get him to say he wants 1 side or the other to win? Why is him saying he wants to end the war and save lives not a good enough answer? They try anythings and everything to get an "I got you" moment out of him to feed yall.

When Kamala is talking about the war she says Trump would just "Give up".. Give up what? Answer me that because that is a VERY important question. What are we giving up? We should be trying to prevent warfare. Their only agenda is to feed Ukraine with weapons with taxpayer money, until the war hits a boiling point and they convince you guys to send your kids to their dirty war. A war in which we better hope doesn't go nuclear. She shows absolutely 0 signs of wanting that conflict to end, and it has shown the 3 years they've been in office. Ignore it if you want, but for me it's so god damn obvious where this Russia vs Ukraine/Israel vs Hamas/China vs Tawaain stuff is headed. This stuff isn't a game. The wars need to end. The threat of nuclear war needs to end. This is bigger than you hating a guy because he may have hurt your feelings with what he said here and there.. Hes the ONLY one showing a willingness to end a war that could become catastrophic

I could go on and on about other shit of why he should be in, but if the threat of WW3 isn't enough for you, then nothing really could be.. No1 wins a WW3.. I don't care how powerful you believe the military is. Obviously it's a bit extreme to think "nuclear war" could happen.. But we all know how crazy Putin is.. Do you really trust that man with those nuclear capabilities backed into a corner?.. Maybe he won't use them.. But the threat is clearly there, and more real now than even the cold war days (war isn't looking good for them)... I'd prefer a president that shows a willingness to create peace.

Idk at the end of the day anything I say or anything a video proves will be ignored, so im just fighting a losing battle. Maybe, just maybe I opened a few silent bystanders eyes over the course of the discussion. Yall really need to wake up to the WW3 threat if nothing else

Some random thoughts on that diatribe....

-  Don't assume I or anyone else is not aware of the traditional bias of a news source.  Don't assume I or anyone else is not aware of that bias as we read what they publish.

- Politicians being for or against Trump for a while and then changing their tune has been a very common event.  It's almost as if politicians are self serving and all this is just proof of that.  Of course, we lefties are most likely to agree with a former secretary of defense or chief of staff who calls the guy a danger to world peace.  We are biased that way (and despite what you post above we like world peace).

- Trump was asked a direct question he refused to answer.  Who a potential POTUS wants to win the war is an understandable enough question.  Wanting to end the death and destruction is admirable enough but how will it be done?   I'm not convinced it will just take a few phone calls as Trump would have us believe. (He was going to revise healthcare in a few days or weeks too.)  From what I understand, Trump has finally come to understood that Ukraine is not just going to cede over portions of it's sovereign territory.  To paraphrase Trump's comments on healthcare: 'Who knew it was going to be so complicated?"

- The threat of WW III is not ignored by anyone, including Putin.  Neither are all the idle threats he has made nor the invisible 'red lines' he mentions and then does not.

- Your X inspired opinions are becoming really boring. 😉

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'm assuming the demilitirazatiin zone would be the Ukrainian territory lost?

I mean I cant say it's the best option, but at end of the day we can have any plan we want, them 2 countries will have to agree. Atleast Trump has a plan to try and make peace.. Better than the absolute 0 plan to make peace. Like I said. We're not in WW2 days. Whole different ball game were playing with.. The #1 goal for anyone at this time should be easing tensions in the middle east. We don't have to go far back in history to see the way things are headed. 

I'm sure any plan for peace will involve a little give. I'm sure the lives saved are worth a little bit of land. Honestly

2 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Laura Loomer and Trump Sitting in a Tree, K I S S I N G

The far-right provocateur and the former president are spending quite a bit of...together time. Where's Melania?

zero chance that Trump can get it up anymore. He reminds me of this Churchill story:

"The Prime Minister's fly is open," I whispered to my companion as Winston Churchill passed us in the House of Commons corridors. "I think we should tell him."

"You tell him, you're young and brash," said my friend.

I padded quietly after the great man, hummed and hawed and coughed until he eventually turned round to see what all the row was about.

can you get me into the papers"Er...excuse me, sir. I know you won't mind me mentioning it...er....it will save you some embarrassment but your fly is open." I remember thinking rather irreverently that my suit was in better condition than the Prime Minister's but this was a very special occasion for me. I had taken my best suit to London to create the right kind of impression. This was at a time when I thought Members of Parliament were a superior form of homo sapiens.

Mr Churchill stared at me, looked down, and said in that slow, commanding, slightly lisping voice that had thrilled and inspired millions throughout the war, "My boy, there is no harm in leaving open the door of the cage when the bird is dead."

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Gator said:

I'm assuming the demilitirazatiin zone would be the Ukrainian territory lost?

I mean I cant say it's the best option, but at end of the day we can have any plan we want, them 2 countries will have to agree. Atleast Trump has a plan to try and make peace.. Better than the absolute 0 plan to make peace. Like I said. We're not in WW2 days. Whole different ball game were playing with.. The #1 goal for anyone at this time should be easing tensions in the middle east. We don't have to go far back in history to see the way things are headed. 

I'm sure any plan for peace will involve a little give. I'm sure the lives saved are worth a little bit of land. Honestly

How much of Canada would you give up to Russia in a fight like this? OK maybe Toronto.

The point here is Trump and Vance's plan is to just give Putin the win. Not much of a plan, or a future deterent. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

claim- 'They are eating cats and dogs'

city- 'no credible complaints of this happening'

dog catcher 'no complaints'

governor of Ohio 'no credible proof or complaint'

dude on web posts 1 video,  of 1 guy, saying 'Haitians were seen killing a goose'

dude on web- 'see that is proof that Haitians are killing dogs and cats'

The rest of us 'one guy, claiming a duck or goose was killed, does not constitute proof that dogs and cats are being eaten'

dude on web 'You are all sheeple'

----------------------------------------

My wife was telling stories she used to hear of racism against the Chinese community in Vancouver. 

The stories were that some of the restaurants were killing ducks from Stanley Park for food that they served. 

As a conscientious vegetarian, I dont like any animal being eaten.

That said, I understand the difference between eating a pet vs a duck which  is seen as fine dining. 

So in your example, a goose isn't 'gross' enough so let's just up that to pets. 

I wonder what Sheeple tastes like? would it pair well with a Lambic beer?

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

How much of Canada would you give up to Russia in a fight like this? OK maybe Toronto.

The point here is Trump and Vance's plan is to just give Putin the win. Not much of a plan, or a future deterent. 

No there you go again with pushing that false narrative that Trump wants Russia to win.. Him like myself and many others want innocent lives to stop being lost.. Idk how yall don't see it. Just be glad it's not your kids.. yet...

Innocent lives on both sides.. Sometimes I feel we forget those Russian civilians are just innocent people like us stuck in their own political shit storm.

It's 2024. Theres no god damn need for warfare. The majority of citizens everywhere want the same god damn thing. Food and shelter for our family, and world peace. We just want to live our lives and we're stuck playing this BS worldwide political game so some fucking corrupt losers can conquer land and/or fill their pockets with some dumb made up currency that we all rely on to survive.

The world is absolutely Fd when you really think about it, and the fact that some very bright people are willing to push the envelope with a dictator with nuclear capabilities that could literally end the world as we know it is scary.. For what? Ego?

Ukraine wouldn't agree to any deal proposed unless they wanted peace too. It's not like Trump can go in and force them to surrender. They have children they have to worry about too. Mothers want their sons home

Edited by Gator

52 minutes ago, Gator said:

My "trash" backs it up with factual video footage.. Not just opinion based left wing biased writing.. MAJOR difference

What is it about video with you?   I have anecdotal evidence that you know how to read.  Are my assumptions incorrect because I have no video of you reading?

Here's video proof of the existence of bigfoot and that what I saw behind the Walmart was no lie:

• ThereItIs 1