US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

13 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

About halfway through, Vance lays it out.

Current line is the new line, no NATO for Ukraine and demilitarized zone.

Brilliant plan except: Russia gets everything it wants, can recharge for a while, then attack again in the future. The republican nominee for vp ladies and gentlemen.

Without a hint of irony that the Trump plan is basically a rewording of the plan proposed by Putin.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Gator said:

No there you go again with pushing that false narrative that Trump wants Russia to win.. Him like myself and many others want innocent lives to stop being lost.. Idk how yall don't see it. Just be glad it's not your kids.. yet...

He spent over 400 words being asked twice who he wanted to win.  All he needed was one word.  One.   And he failed to say Ukraine.   So by default that is Russia wins the territory they invaded and took from Ukraine.   Period.  

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

My wife was telling stories she used to hear of racism against the Chinese community in Vancouver. 

The stories were that some of the restaurants were killing ducks from Stanley Park for food that they served. 

As a conscientious vegetarian, I dont like any animal being eaten.

That said, I understand the difference between eating a pet vs a duck which  is seen as fine dining. 

So in your example, a goose isn't 'gross' enough so let's just up that to pets. 

I wonder what Sheeple tastes like? would it pair well with a Lambic beer?

Nice now I can eat cats at Chinese and Haitian restaurants. 😜

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

My wife was telling stories she used to hear of racism against the Chinese community in Vancouver. 

The stories were that some of the restaurants were killing ducks from Stanley Park for food that they served. 

That said, I understand the difference between eating a pet vs a duck which  is seen as fine dining. 

People like to think they are only eating the ugly animals, not the good looking ones.

Interesting thing is, of course, different people and cultures have different ideas on which animals are 'ugly'.

Cows and pork are not eaten by many people, due to religious/cultural reasons

Louis Lamour (best western writer ever) has said that Apaches won't eat fish.

Dog actually was a delicacy in parts of Asia, but they are mostly moving away from that.

--------------------------

Heck, due to your stance on animals, I've cut back to 'just chicken' 😞    

Keep grinding me and I might go all the way! 🙂

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Laura Loomer and Trump Sitting in a Tree, K I S S I N G

The far-right provocateur and the former president are spending quite a bit of...together time. Where's Melania?

Her face reminds me of late stage Michael Jackson.

20 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

About halfway through, Vance lays it out.

Current line is the new line, no NATO for Ukraine and demilitarized zone.

Brilliant plan except: Russia gets everything it wants, can recharge for a while, then attack again in the future. The republican nominee for vp ladies and gentlemen.

So what will they do when Russia attacks Ukrain again years later. What is their plan to prevent Russia from going to war with Ukraine or any of their neighbours.

3 minutes ago, sheffy said:

So what will they do when Russia attacks Ukrain again years later. What is their plan to prevent Russia from going to war with Ukraine or any of their neighbours.

Ya, why attack Kyiv if all Russia wants in the areas they already took like Crimea.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Thats in a video I shared that no1 seemed to bother watching before lashing out for my opinion on Trump. Just pointing that fact out.

24 minutes ago, Gator said:

No there you go again with pushing that false narrative that Trump wants Russia to win.. Him like myself and many others want innocent lives to stop being lost.. Idk how yall don't see it. Just be glad it's not your kids.. yet...

I'm not pushing anyone's narrative. Like I said, I don't care about any of the talking heads.

Ceding land, and requiring Ukraine to not join NATO is a clear win for Russia. What does Ukraine get?

24 minutes ago, Gator said:

Innocent lives on both sides.. Sometimes I feel we forget those Russian civilians are just innocent people like us stuck in their own political shit storm.

It's 2024. Theres no god damn need for warfare. The majority of citizens everywhere want the same god damn thing. Food and shelter for our family, and world peace. We just want to live our lives and we're stuck playing this BS worldwide political game so some fucking corrupt losers can conquer land and/or fill their pockets with some dumb made up currency that we all rely on to survive.

The world is absolutely Fd when you really think about it, and the fact that some very bright people are willing to push the envelope with a dictator with nuclear capabilities that could literally end the world as we know it is scary.. For what? Ego?

Ukraine wouldn't agree to any deal proposed unless they wanted peace too. It's not like Trump can go in and force them to surrender. They have children they have to worry about too. Mothers want their sons home

I see what Russia gains in this deal Vance is talking about. I don't see what Ukraine gets. 

I agree with you on the stupidity of modern war tho. 

Edited by Bob Long

11 minutes ago, Gator said:

Thats in a video I shared that no1 seemed to bother watching before lashing out for my opinion on Trump. Just pointing that fact out.

FLAT out states it is not only an opinion piece but also that this is NOT an immigrant at all.

But ok.

Sky News is bias media.  Maybe show me something froma  woman on youtube who has done her research instead of this bias media

Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 3.31.32 PM.png

10 minutes ago, Gator said:

So just what does that video prove? That batshit crazy theories are sometimes grown from kernels of truth?

- Mentally unbalanced American women kills and eats cat --> Immigrants are killing and eating cats/dogs/geese.

- Doctor discusses care of terminally ill babies --> Democrats want abortions to occur after birth.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I do hope Democratic leaders and politicians around the World can find a way to deal with the accelerating growth of propoganda and false statements allowed on social media.

it really is a war in itself ,.  And used as such to disrupt nations.. for others to exploit upon.

….   Perhaps I’m just missing Bernie Pascal ?

lol 

.. but this topic ,.  As it exists ,  IS a major problem.

• Vintage 3

5 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

So just what does that video prove? That batshit crazy theories are sometimes grown from kernels of truth?

- Mentally unbalanced American women kills and eats cat --> Immigrants are killing and eating cats/dogs/geese.

- Doctor discusses care of terminally ill babies --> Democrats want abortions to occur after birth.

The point is there are stories of immigrants killing animals like geese, and a woman eating the cat in the news. So he wasn't full of shit, it's legit stuff in the news lol. It was fact checked and laughed at as if it was false, and yet it's true.. Yet here you are seeing this and still can't admit the bias. Regardless of exact details being 100% right is a bit redundant. Yall are talking like he pulled the crap out of nowhere, but he didn't.. 

How come they didn't fact check Kamala when she said the following things

Called him buddies with dictators

Said he wrote love letters to Kim Jung Un

said she wasn't against fracking

All 3 are false and yet not 1 time was she fact checked on it.. Yet Trump got fact checked even when talking about true stuff (abortion/killing and eating of animals & pets, etc)

• Confused 1

It's whatever, I mean the proof is in the pudding. You can pretend to not see it all you want, but at the end of the day I know you see it and refuse to admit it. Just hope theres enough Trump haters that aren't as close minded as some of you are and actually wake up before it's too late.. Kamala gets in I sure hope you guys are right about her and the Russian situation.

• Confused 1
  • Wiener 1

NEXT SHOOTER !   …please.

The same should be done with Putin ,.

” Cut the head off the snake,  and the body dies”.

Neither of these 2 mean to do well for others in the World..   and they held, or hold , powerful positions and platforms to operate from.

Democracy needs to wake up and rise against this with passion and strength again,   As so many of our ancestors did .

This is why “woke” has been given the term / meaning it has 

To make standing up for what is right,. The wrong / untrendy / unpopular thing to do.

Time to wake up and shove those roses down these cowards throats.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Gator said:

There is a lot of crazy out there gator. Trust me, I know.

A dude got caught trying to steal a goosling from SP a while back too.

The point of my post was the racism. 

But for Trump, it looks to have backfired. Pissed of the Haitian community and upp'd his laughingstock. Maybe that should replace his current DJT stock...

Just now, Gator said:

The point is there are stories of immigrants killing animals like geese, and a woman eating the cat in the news. So he wasn't full of shit, it's legit stuff in the news lol. It was fact checked and laughed at as if it was false, and yet it's true.. Yet here you are seeing this and still can't admit the bias. Regardless of exact details being 100% right is a bit redundant. Yall are talking like he pulled the crap out of nowhere, but he didn't.. 

Called him buddies with dictators

Said he wrote love letters to Kim Jung Un

said she wasn't against fracking

All 3 are false and yet not 1 time was she fact checked on it.. Yet Trump got fact checked even when talking about true stuff (abortion/killing and eating of animals & pets, etc)

I'm done with this.   You think I'm not listening to what you've been saying yet I assure you I have been.  You are clearly not listening to me and have not listened throughout this whole painful exchange.

Stay blind (as well as deaf) my friend.  Cheers.

1 hour ago, Gator said:

Innocent lives on both sides.. Sometimes I feel we forget those Russian civilians are just innocent people like us stuck in their own political shit storm.

It's 2024. Theres no god damn need for warfare. The majority of citizens everywhere want the same god damn thing. Food and shelter for our family, and world peace. We just want to live our lives and we're stuck playing this BS worldwide political game so some fucking corrupt losers can conquer land and/or fill their pockets with some dumb made up currency that we all rely on to survive.

The world is absolutely Fd when you really think about it, and the fact that some very bright people are willing to push the envelope with a dictator with nuclear capabilities that could literally end the world as we know it is scary.. For what? Ego?

Ukraine wouldn't agree to any deal proposed unless they wanted peace too. It's not like Trump can go in and force them to surrender. They have children they have to worry about too. Mothers want their sons home

Gator!

Geez, man!

How do you know that Putin would respect the new boundaries?

How do you know, that Putin would not cleanse the new gotten territory of all Ukrainians

And what would the West do about it? 

I mean really..............he has already killed at the beginning of the war, he has not respected previous agreements between, the USA, Russia, and Ukraine

So, even if you had your way..........what are you going to do about it, if he laughs in your face?

Come on, Man! Think about this!

• ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

Gator!

Geez, man!

How do you know that Putin would respect the new boundaries?

How do you know, that Putin would not cleanse the new gotten territory of all Ukrainians

And what would the West do about it? 

I mean really..............he has already killed at the beginning of the war, he has not respected previous agreements between, the USA, Russia, and Ukraine

So, even if you had your way..........what are you going to do about it, if he laughs in your face?

Come on, Man! Think about this!

I bet he has a video for you.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I bet he has a video for you.

The trouble with Putin is he has no credibility

which is sadly similar to Donald's own credibility

as for video's, sadly, it is too easy to edit video and omit things, and even AI it.

In this day and age, it is understandable why so many are confused

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Gator said:

1) Called him buddies with dictators

2) Said he wrote love letters to Kim Jung Un

3) said she wasn't against fracking

I can find multiple sources.  On my phone so I'll just post the top ones.  Those weren't lies there bud.

1) About friends with dictators here is but one snippet:

“Congratulations to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on his big and well deserved victory in Turkey,” Trump wrote. “I know him well, he is a friend, and have learned firsthand how much he loves his Country and the great people of Turkey, which he has lifted to a new level of prominence and respect!”

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/18/trump-praise-authoritarians-00132350

2)  About the letters. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/09/trump-book-kim-jong-un-00086410

Trump can’t help but show off his letters from Kim Jong Un in his new book

The ex-president’s relationship with the North Korean leader was subject of high-stakes fascination, and Trump’s new book offers some insight.

3) About fracking:   She may have said in previous campaigns the opposite (as others have).  Yet time in this administration has changed their tune.  Especially the war in Ukraine and the resulting issues with sections on Russia.   New information has and does change people's positions.  Thing is, America is Number 1 in oil production.   Hardly the result of anti oil and anti fracking policy positions.   Had they kept that position, America's increasing in production wouldn't happen.  So not really a lie.  Something that could have easily been explained if she was asked.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2024/09/11/why-kamala-harris-wont-ban-fracking/

Edited by the destroyer of worlds