US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

ONLY ONE WANTS PEACE BY GIVING PUTIN AND XI EVERYTHING THEY WANT!!!!!

IT'S AN IMPORTANT AND OVERLOOKED FACT!!

LOOK AT MY ALL CAPS!!!!!!!!!

What did putin get from Trump from 2016-2020.. And please back it up with facts

Obama allowed him to take Crimea

Edited by Gator

6 minutes ago, Gator said:

What did putin get from Trump from 2016-2020.. And please back it up with facts

It was pretty disappointing when that happened under his watch for sure, we can have an honest debate about whether or not Barry did enough.

Inaction in Syria after the use of chemical weapons was also disappointing, but maybe someone like @Optimist Prime with experience in the area can explain that one.

3 minutes ago, Gator said:

Consider the fact that Ukraine (and Europe) was in no way capable of countering a Russian invasion in 2014.   Consider the fact the Ukraine (and Europe) learned from that and prepared themselves for the invasion of 2022.  Or don't consider any of that because you didn't see it on YouTube.  Your choice. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gator said:

See this is why I can't take you guys serious. You accept only your bias. I told you the bias is there, but she backed up her bias with facts and instead of admitting the fact you throw around childish crap like this to discredit it. 

Don't worry. Your not the only one that refuses to see facts from the other side. It's quite common

We accept truth, facts, people at face value.  We accept people based on their actions.

You're posting what is apparently a barely grown girl with a youtube feed full of anti woke, anti lefitsts, mocking videos reels and shorts meant to denigrate more than half of the US population because of what they believe in 

Your "facts" are nothing moree than seriously biased bullshit from people with mediocre social media followings meant to sow dissent and push a clear agenda.

Here's the facts for you.  If 27 different main stream media outlets all post the exact same video.  But one youtube person posts a shorter version only showing a fraction of the overall act.  There is absolutely one group pushing a narrative.  

Can you guess which one it is?

Take your facts and kick rocks mate.  Harris may not be perfect but lol, to say she lies or is dishonest in direct comparison to trump while also saying you approve of, support and appreciate what Trump does and how he acts is a gd larf mate

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Yall push the same Trump is a dictator and is buddy with Putin and Xi crap all the time. I don't understand it. It's like you guys prefer the tension and the warfare. I saw an un-corrupt (atleast not corrupt like the other bought puppets were used to seeing) president for the first time ever step in to North Korea. Instead of marking it as a monumental moment towards world peace he's labeled a bad guy for being "buddies with the enemy". Is the only way for us to have peace through warfare? Why can't we get along.

Now I have heard (not at all sure if factual) that at 1 time Russia wanted to join NATO, and we (NATO) refused their entry. If true, why?

Why is it a bad thing to try and get along with the enemy. To me that's the true path to reason and world peace. No1 wins the next big war. Warfare is no longer an option in the democracy vs communism war that's been happening in the background for over a century now. Anyone that thinks war is necessary for world peace needs a head check.. We're playing with fire in the middle east right now.

I just don't think people are taking the threat serious enough.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Gator said:

Now I have heard (not at all sure if factual) that at 1 time Russia wanted to join NATO, and we (NATO) refused their entry. If true, why?

Why don't you just look it up?  The truth is out there.  (hint: it was actually twice; not once)

Edited by Satchmo

15 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Consider the fact that Ukraine (and Europe) was in no way capable of countering a Russian invasion in 2014.   Consider the fact the Ukraine (and Europe) learned from that and prepared themselves for the invasion of 2022.  Or don't consider any of that because you didn't see it on YouTube.  Your choice. 

I think we also greatly overestimated the effect of sanctions, and underestimated the support of China and India propping up the Russian economy.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

The middle east!  The MIDDLE EAST!

Ignore the fact trump pulled out of an agreement with Iran that pissed off Iran.  Or that he enabled Israeli expansion by moving the US embassy and stating this IS israeli land.  Or how his son in law got billions from the saudis.  Or how a major leak left CIA agents exposed in the middle east essentially rendering years if not decades worth of work useless.

Watch out though because Harris and the middle east and war and and and

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Your "facts" are nothing moree than seriously biased bullshit from people with mediocre social media followings meant to sow dissent and push a clear agenda.

Those facts are legit facts she's pointing out, but you didn't bother to watch so you wouldn't get it. Keep wasting your time trying to discredit a video you didn't bother to watch lol

2 minutes ago, Gator said:

Those facts are legit facts she's pointing out, but you didn't bother to watch so you wouldn't get it. Keep wasting your time trying to discredit a video you didn't bother to watch lol

You're accusing me of not bothering to watch a video from a person with an excessive amount of clear and pervasive bias, while claiming everything else is biased without seeing the irony.

newsflash.  I DON'T CARE

You're pushing a fasle narrative and a clear agenda from questionable sources and crying about being the victim here and I dont care.

I'm Canadian.  I am just here to point out your glaring and blatant hypocrisy.

Sorry mate.  Don't care.

Just now, Gator said:

I keep telling you I watched it but you just ignore that fact.  Scared?  I'll type with one hand behind my back if you like.

Although - you seem to be jumping from point to point like a whack a mole mole.  Pick one or two statements from that video you'd like to discuss and I'd be happy to.

Just now, Warhippy said:

You're accusing me of not bothering to watch a video from a person with an excessive amount of clear and pervasive bias, while claiming everything else is biased without seeing the irony.

newsflash.  I DON'T CARE

You're pushing a fasle narrative and a clear agenda from questionable sources and crying about being the victim here and I dont care.

I'm Canadian.  I am just here to point out your glaring and blatant hypocrisy.

Sorry mate.  Don't care.

Everything is biased lol. It's up to you to sift through the BS biased stuff and look at facts. Which is why I prefer seeing video proof over biased written news articles.. Proof is proof though no matter how biased her narration is in-between dishing out the clear evidence (for most things). A lot more than your news anchor "favt checking" Trump during debate.. But you take their words as "fact".. Gimme a break dude

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Gator said:

Everything is biased lol. It's up to you to sift through the BS biased stuff and look at facts. Which is why I prefer seeing video proof over biased written news articles.. Proof is proof though no matter how biased her narration is in-between dishing out the clear evidence (for most things). A lot more than your news anchor "favt checking" Trump during debate.. But you take their words as "fact".. Gimme a break dude

Harris lies 2-3 times.  OMG nobody fact checked her!

Trump lied over 70 times.  OMG Trump was totally picked on.

Heads up again, She was fact checked.  It was just lost int eh nearly 10 additional minutes of lying trump was doing because he was sad she made fun of his crowd sizes and ineptitude.

10 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I keep telling you I watched it but you just ignore that fact.  Scared?  I'll type with one hand behind my back if you like.

Although - you seem to be jumping from point to point like a whack a mole mole.  Pick one or two statements from that video you'd like to discuss and I'd be happy to.

It's simply pointing out the corruption in that debate.

You tell me what facts shes wrong about, and back it up with facts. All those times they wrongfully fact checked Trump, vs all the times they should have fact checked her and didn't..  Pretty self explanatory. Not sure a discussion on specifics are needed on the facts she spat out in the video, but interested in hearing you prove her wrong

Edited by Gator

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

When you encounter one asshole in a day, you met an asshole.  When you constantly meet assholes all day, you're the asshole.

It really seems people on the left side of things have more blatant and SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE hatred for people who do not have the same opinions.

Thats what happened in Germany.

• Confused 1

Just now, Gator said:

It's simply pointing out the corruption in that debate.

You tell me what facts shes wrong about, and back it up with facts. All those times they wrongfully fact checked Trump, vs all the times they should have fact checked her and didn't..  Pretty self explanatory. Not sure a discussion on specifics are needed on the facts she spat out in the video

Sorry to answer your question with a question but I will not continue until you give me concrete examples of the things you thought were wrongly fact checked (or lacked fact checking when they should have been).  I am done with whack a mole.

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Trump vs Harris? Trump is uncouth saying things have no basis in fact. Harris puts on her tried and true smile and gets a pass. The hard questions don't get asked and any attempt in that direction gets a passed when either simply changes the subject. Why? 

At no time during the 'debate' was the question asked about debt. The USA debt now sits at $35 trillion and will hit $50 trillion by 2030. Interest on existing debt is 

$1 trillion. The demograhic does not support this level of debt. Neither of these candidates have demonstrated any serious capacity to deal with this problem. Policy is determined by poorly educated interests and assumptions. 

Dems and GOP disparage each other in the crudest terms. The populism exhibited by the GOP existed long before Trump and even predated 'The Tea Party'. 

George W Bush asked to explain populism said 'It starts with taking tax payer money and giving it to the powerful'. The Dems had their spurt with 'Occupy Wallstreet' movement. It exhibits citizen distrust + uncertainty in institutions. Media that used to explain stuff has business plans that are not surviving the transition to electronic media. Many have become part of the problem as they sensationalize for clicks. Combine this with the Russians, Chinese and Iranians who populate the internet to sow discord and eat their enemy from within. 

Change the names and you can apply much of the above to the Canadian situation.  

Who do they owe the debt to?

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Harris lies 2-3 times.  OMG nobody fact checked her!

Trump lied over 70 times.  OMG Trump was totally picked on.

Heads up again, She was fact checked.  It was just lost int eh nearly 10 additional minutes of lying trump was doing because he was sad she made fun of his crowd sizes and ineptitude.

Harris only lied 2 or 3 times cause she keeps saying the same thing over and over. Nothing productive to say. Promises that will not get approved

18 minutes ago, EastCoastExpress said:

Harris only lied 2 or 3 times cause she keeps saying the same thing over and over. Nothing productive to say. Promises that will not get approved

Think it was more than that, but why wasn't she fact checked 2-3 times?

Better yet why was Trump fact checked on abortion? When in fact he was right. Whether you are for or against their late term/after birth abortion policy is redundant. He was right to bring it up and was called a liar.

Edited by Gator

42 minutes ago, Gator said:

Obama in office: Russia annexed Crimea

Trump in office: Nothing

Biden in office: Russia invades Ukraine, Israel and Hamas are at war, and you have China and Taiwan tension

Harris: "If Trump was in Putin would be sitting in Kyiv right now"

One wants to start peace talks, the other seems solely interested in taking out Russia (a major nuclear threat). Not at all advocating for Russia. I'm just stating VERY IMPORTANT AND OVERLOOKED FACTS BY MANY.

Obama......does not control the world, Despite what MAGA cult thinks.  How do you suggest he should have prevented Putin from invading Crimea?  Something he had pre-planned, and who he had an agreement with China to not begin until China's Olympics were completed in the summer of 2008.

Trump while in office:

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/2021/01/20/trump-the-anti-war-president-was-always-a-myth/

Escalating Inherited Wars — Despite repeated PR stunts, Trump did not “bring the troops home” or “end endless wars.” In fact, Trump consistently added fuel to the fire, increasing troop levels, deepening reliance on private contractors, and dramatically scaling up aerial warfare.

All in on Yemen — U.S. support for the Saudi- and UAE-led intervention in the war in Yemen is one of the most egregious examples of destructive militarist foreign policymaking in years. Not only did Trump do nothing to end U.S. complicity himself, he repeatedly used his veto power to override bipartisan majorities in Congress that tried to stop U.S. military involvement and block the flow of arms to the conflict.

“Maximum Pressure” — Trump’s foreign policy was characterized above all by an aversion to diplomacy and a knee-jerk reliance on hostility. Attacking diplomatic relations and torpedoing successful multilateral agreements like the Iran nuclear deal,

Brought to the Brink — On multiple occasions, this hostile posture almost ignited all-out war. It was hardly a year ago that Trump’s illegal assassination of Iranian General Qasem Soleimani brought our countries to the brink of catastrophe.

Nuclear War — Trump shredded the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, withdrew from the Open Skies Treaty that ensured transparency between the U.S., much of Europe, and Russia, and failed to extend the critical New START Treaty with Russia. He took an inconsistent, self-serving, and often antagonistic approach to negotiations with North Korea that nearly took us to nuclear war.

Biden in office:

Again.....Biden does not control Putin and whatever megalomaniac incursions he decides on. Same with Bibi, and Xi. Do you also blame Roosevelt for Hitler's incursions?

Biden actually pulled US out of the longest war in US history, Afghanistan. Which was a black hole. Following through with an agreement Trump made with the Taliban, cutting out the Afghan forces that Americans had already poured billions into building up. This because it was much easier and quicker, to just give the country back to the terrorists than try and negotiate a shared power governance, and Trump could then claim a political victory on it earlier. Biden concluded that re-starting a more complicated negotiation wasn't worth it.  More important to end it. Causing a messy exit. But an exit nonetheless.

Harris: "If Trump was in Putin would be sitting in Kyiv right now" 

Yes. 100% accurate.  Trump's MO is clear. He would take the same road to "peace" as he did in Afghanistan.  Cave in to the largest, most aggressive assholes in a conflict.  No matter the humanitarian cost. Or global stability.  And as Putin re-installs his henchmen back in Kyiv, executes or jails the democratically elected officials, and puts soldiers on the streets......peace at last in Ukraine!!!  Praise be to Trump!

Until the following years when Poland and the Baltics are in his crosshairs.  Then if he gets so bold to attack a NATO country, the US and Canada will have to send actual troops. That is the end result of Trump's appeasement strategy. A much bigger war.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1