US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

8 minutes ago, kilgore said:

She literally did NOT read off of a script.  The rules dictated that.  Yes she was well prepared. She also looked a little nervous at first, this being, you know, her first POTUS election debate. So that's where preparation comes in, even if at the beginning it sounded like she's just reading off of a script.  And yes, she needs prepping.  Every sane viable candidate should be prepared each time don't you think?.  And not live by their own hubris that their prep of shouting out a mish mash of movie characters and fake news stories, and just plain bizzare claims at adoring rally crowds is enough.

She was well prepped and literally quoted what she was told.  It was pretty obvious.  Sorry if that offends you.  I don’t really care what the orange man had to say, so your whataboutism doesn’t mean much.  Also, if you watched her interview from 2 days ago it was completely different than the debate.  

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Seems like you are having a bad day.  Maybe it’s best to move on as nothing good will come from any further discussion with you…

And you have come to this conclusion because I found your (or anyone's) support for Tulsi confusing? And this somehow  leads you to make a prediction about both my day and my future?

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

And you have come to this conclusion because I found your (or anyone's) support for Tulsi confusing? And this somehow  leads you to make a prediction about both my day and my future?

Like I said, best to move on, I won’t be replying to you any further today, so you can totally get the last word in if you want…

• Huggy Bear 1

35 minutes ago, Gator said:

Did something in the post suggest I didn't?

Actually, yes. You mentioned annexing Crimea during the Obama Presidency and then during the Biden Presidency invading Ukraine. Pootin had already invaded Ukraine when he went into Crimea. Trump (the “fat ass king of the morans) did nothing to remove Pootin from Ukraine. He was useless. Too focussed on eating fried chicken to keep his ass fat. 

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

She was well prepped and literally quoted what she was told.  It was pretty obvious.  Sorry if that offends you.  I don’t really care what the orange man had to say, so your whataboutism doesn’t mean much.  Also, if you watched her interview from 2 days ago it was completely different than the debate.  

I honestly don't know what you are arguing about. Why would I be offended? I agree with you.  yes, she was "well prepped".  I just don't see why that is a bad thing. The orange man should have accepted more himself. I pointed out that it helps to be able to fall back on prepared answers to topics, when you are in a nervous situation on stage in front of the entire nation.  Do you think that's unusual for a debate? That its unfair to Trump that she wasn't required to just wing it like her opponent?  I don't understand your point.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Actually, yes. You mentioned annexing Crimea during the Obama Presidency and then during the Biden Presidency invading Ukraine. Pootin had already invaded Ukraine when he went into Crimea. Trump (the “fat ass king of the morans) did nothing to remove Pootin from Ukraine. He was useless. Too focussed on eating fried chicken to keep his ass fat. 

Good point Alf, if trump is so powerful why didn't pooty leave Ukraine?

55 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Exactly...

So he "invaded Ukraine" under Obama and annexed it. What did we do to stop it? Nothing.. OK

Then we have Trump in for 4 years, and nothing else happens to Ukraine.

Then Biden gets in and then Russia invades more of Ukraine

And somehow with those facts they twist things and make people believe Trump is the threat to Ukraine. Make it make sense lol. Yea yea he pushed back on NATO and made them pay up, and because of that he's blah blah blah.. 

To me 1 side is showing a willingness to end the war, and history shows me the world was much more peaceful under.

The other puts on a good show and smile for the people, but has not shown an ounce of willingness to ease tensions in Europe, and honestly sounds like they care more about crippling Russia than they do about the very real threat of nuclear war. It doesn't even feel like it's about defending Ukraine if I'm being honest.. To me it's a USA vs Russia agenda to them. They could've done more to prevent the invasion from happening in the first place. I know it wouldn't have happened under Trump.. Yet they claim Putin would be sitting in Kyiv if Trump was in. Like it doesn't even make sense. You just have to look at the events that took place when both were in office to get the true picture.

If Trump and Putin were such good pals like you all claim he would've invaded Ukraine before Biden got in because there'd be much less push back, and they probably would've had Ukraine in a week or 2 without the western help. I mean wouldn't that make the most sense from a Russian perspective?

Just make it make sense.. Because from where I'm sitting if Trump won against Biden Putin never would've invaded Ukraine (Crimea happened before Trump got in).

I'm open to being proved wrong. I really am, but honestly nothing has really loved the needle on my stance on who I'd vote for. Sure Trump is a lot of bad things... But so are they all in different ways.. He still got my vote

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Good point Alf, if trump is so powerful why didn't pooty leave Ukraine?

He didn't enter Ukraine when Trump was in. Why did he invade both before and after, but didnt during when there'd be less push back with his "buddy Trump" in office?

2 minutes ago, Gator said:

He didn't enter Ukraine when Trump was in. Why did he invade both before and after, but didnt during when there'd be less push back with his "buddy Trump" in office?

trump isn't a problem for pooty, it's a good time for him to resupply. 

Trump let pooty keep Crimea, and he's now proposing to let pooty keep more Ukrainian territory.

Sounds like a friend to me.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

trump isn't a problem for pooty, it's a good time for him to resupply. 

Trump let pooty keep Crimea, and he's now proposing to let pooty keep more Ukrainian territory.

Sounds like a friend to me.

"Trump let pooty keep Crimea"

Not

"Obama didn't stop Putin from annexing Crimea"

Happened under Obama and somehow youre flipping it around on Trump. This is the type of stuff that makes it VERY HARD for me to get on board with the left. I used to be the left but yall are really kinda crazy these days man.. Idk how you can't see it.. I don't mean to sound mean by saying "kinda crazy" but that's how yall sound when trying to convince me Trump is a threat to Ukraine when recent historical evidence shows me the complete opposite

Edited by Gator

31 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I honestly don't know what you are arguing about. Why would I be offended? I agree with you.  yes, she was "well prepped".  I just don't see why that is a bad thing. The orange man should have accepted more himself. I pointed out that it helps to be able to fall back on prepared answers to topics, when you are in a nervous situation on stage in front of the entire nation.  Do you think that's unusual for a debate? That its unfair to Trump that she wasn't required to just wing it like her opponent?  I don't understand your point.

My point is that she seemed well prepped and “different” from her normal self in the debate. I thought she did well and assumed she was going to continue with the “new” Kamala as I wasn’t impressed with her prior. She did a lone interview two days ago. Not sure if you saw it. It was basically the “old” Kamala. So IMO the debate was a one off. 

I’d like to see her do a second debate with Trump. Perhaps her main issue is prepping for interviews. 

Here is the interview with a local Philly reporter. Tell me what you think. Is this the new Kamala from the debate that is well prepped or the old Kamala that was worse than Tulsi in the primaries?

Edited by Elias Pettersson

19 minutes ago, Gator said:

Exactly...

So he "invaded Ukraine" under Obama and annexed it. What did we do to stop it? Nothing.. OK

Then we have Trump in for 4 years, and nothing else happens to Ukraine.

Then Biden gets in and then Russia invades more of Ukraine

And somehow with those facts they twist things and make people believe Trump is the threat to Ukraine. Make it make sense lol. Yea yea he pushed back on NATO and made them pay up, and because of that he's blah blah blah.. 

To me 1 side is showing a willingness to end the war, and history shows me the world was much more peaceful under.

The other puts on a good show and smile for the people, but has not shown an ounce of willingness to ease tensions in Europe, and honestly sounds like they care more about crippling Russia than they do about the very real threat of nuclear war. It doesn't even feel like it's about defending Ukraine if I'm being honest.. To me it's a USA vs Russia agenda to them. They could've done more to prevent the invasion from happening in the first place. I know it wouldn't have happened under Trump.. Yet they claim Putin would be sitting in Kyiv if Trump was in. Like it doesn't even make sense. You just have to look at the events that took place when both were in office to get the true picture.

If Trump and Putin were such good pals like you all claim he would've invaded Ukraine before Biden got in because there'd be much less push back, and they probably would've had Ukraine in a week or 2 without the western help. I mean wouldn't that make the most sense from a Russian perspective?

Just make it make sense.. Because from where I'm sitting if Trump won against Biden Putin never would've invaded Ukraine (Crimea happened before Trump got in).

I'm open to being proved wrong. I really am, but honestly nothing has really Loved the needle on my stance on who I'd vote for. Sure Trump is a lot of bad things... But so are they all in different ways.. He still got my vote

Self own perhaps. Or just worried about the jab. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Gator said:

"Trump let pooty keep Crimea"

Not

"Obama didn't stop Putin from annexing Crimea"

Happened under Obama and somehow youre flipping it around on Trump. This is the type of stuff that makes it VERY HARD for me to get on board with the left. I used to be the left but yall are really kinda crazy these days man.. Idk how you can't see it.. I don't mean to sound mean by saying "kinda crazy" but that's how yall sound when trying to convince me Trump is a threat to Ukraine when recent historical evidence shows me the complete opposite

I'll try again:

Consider the fact that Ukraine (and Europe) was in no way capable of countering a Russian invasion in 2014.   Consider the fact the Ukraine (and Europe) learned from that and prepared themselves for the invasion of 2022.

10 minutes ago, Gator said:

Did you just glide past my detailed response to you? Too difficult to respond to?  and then just repeat the same talking points to the next poster?  lol

I love how those in the Cult think they have all sides covered.  So the choices are

......If Trump is in office, all dictators will quiver in their jack boots and dare not step a boot outside their borders

also........If Trump instead makes friends with dictators, they will also not step outside their borders out of some kind of bbf loyalty?

Do you really think they give much of a care about a low IQ reality TV star, American snake oil salesman who they now know can be bent to any of their will with flattery? Even to deny their own intelligence services over theirs?  They laugh at him.  As Trump admitted in an Atlanta rally.  "I have a bad trait..... I only like people who like me." 

A man so weak and narcissistic, who can be manipulated by simple flattery is a monumental national security risk.

• ThereItIs 3

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

My point is that she seemed well prepped and “different” from her normal self in the debate. I thought she did well and assumed she was going to continue with the “new” Kamala as I wasn’t impressed with her prior. She did a lone interview two days ago. Not sure if you saw it. It was basically the “old” Kamala. So IMO the debate was a one off. 

I’d like to see her do a second debate with Trump. Perhaps her main issue is prepping for interviews. 

Here is the interview with a local Philly reporter. Tell me what you think. Is this the new Kamala from the debate that is well prepped or the old Kamala that was worse than Tulsi in the primaries?

Okay this is the first time I have seen this interview.  So you are saying she sounds different from the debate? More low key for sure.  She sounds a little tired. Low energy. But no, other than that she doesn't sound much different. if the GOP wants to use this as an ad....go for it.  

She always seems nervous in interviews in the first few minutes. That's just human.

The points that Twitter poster brought up are:

Gun Control: Harris says she *does* think America needs an "assault weapons" ban despite saying during the debate that Trump was lying when he said she wanted to ban guns.

- Trump has said  "Democrats are trying to take away 2nd Amendment rights"  He insinuates that Democrats want to ban all guns. Of course he says it that way, even though he knows she's talking about assault style weapons only.

Obviously Harris does not want to ban guns, or the second amendment, as a principle. She and Walz are gun owners. Its only one deadly kind of gun responsible for most mass shootings.  This is what the MAGA cult does though, conflate obvious semantics into their own expanded version of what the other meant.

Economy: Harris responded to a question about bringing down prices by talking about how she was raised in the middle class.

- He did start the preamble to that question with "People want to know more about you" as well.

She gave a background of her being raised middle class and that most Americans are like that and work hard and deserve more. Then went on to descige an "opportunity economy" with proposals like her tax break idea for new small businesses. Then talked about building 3 million new homes, and first time home buyers and a 25,000 credit towards a first home.

Harris on Unity: Harris said she is the unity candidate and then cited her endorsement of Dick Cheney. She said Trump is the only one who "points fingers."

- Harris is by far the top candidate when it comes to enticing members of the opposite party to join with her. Trump is continually pointing fingers and aliening, not only Democrats, but former R allies.  Its not even close.

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There will be a second debate you can count on that. Much like a boxer who is behind on points in the late rounds, the only chance for victory is a knock out. Trump has to get back in the ring. It's his only chance but we all know a second debate will be much like the 1st. At best it will be a saw-off at worst he shits the bed again, which is the more likely outcome.

• Cheers 1