US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, Gator said:

I call shit as I see it and don't tip toe around it. If I'm not informed on something I have no problem stating as much. I don't follow Canadian politics, but I know enough to know Trudeau is a joke lol.

I don't tip toe around facts, and spread lies that I know are lies to push an agenda. 

Like I said it scares me to see you smart people so close minded. I've never hid that fact that on an "educated level" I'm fighting up hill. But you can be educated and stupid. Which has been very apparent in this discussion with the complete disregard of presented facts.

Idc how smart your words sound. Proof is proof, and if you willingly ignore it and continue to push the false narrative it says a lot about your character. There's a lot of very smart dumb people out there, and politics is where those people really shine.

Very smart right wing people like yourselves too my friend

No you don't

You let a YouTube channel tell you what to think then refuse to add any of your own ideas and just tell people to do their own research while peddling the same three videos as nauseam to justify your position.

Again a position taken from someone else's point of view with little original thought.

Also, the bolded.  Lol...chefs kiss mate.  Made me laugh

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Gator said:

So mainstream media lying to the people by wrongfully fact checking a presidential candidate isn't criminal in your eyes?

Fact checking with lies on a presidential debate is a very serious thing. You guys ignoring that fact is a threat to democracy.  People deserve the truth regardless of what side of the fence you're on

again Gator, who would be bringing charges? how long would that take to prosecute, 2, 3 years?

If you want a more immediate remedy, its a debate on Fox. Not sure why you're hiding from this. 

Just now, Gator said:

So mainstream media lying to the people by wrongfully fact checking a presidential candidate isn't criminal in your eyes?

Fact checking with lies on a presidential debate is a very serious thing. You guys ignoring that fact is a threat to democracy.  People deserve the truth regardless of what side of the fence you're on

They fact checked with facts, on the pets quote, they got a direct statement from the people in Springfield Ohio for that one. 

Projection is also a powerful tool of the far right.

People do deserve the truth, they also deserve to know when they're being gaslit. Again, the threat to democracy lies entirely with the people you're backing, and that includes Elon. I truly hope you see that one day. 

The high of feeling good about calling other people liars and thinking you have all the information and buying into that left/right paradigm has a cost, I hope you come out of it. 

16 minutes ago, Gator said:

season 1 friends GIF

And Trump didnt call your reporter a "nasty person". I mean he probably did, but if I ignore the proof you give me it didn't happen and therefore I'm right.

Am I getting this left wing thing down pat?

Im unsure how this reply relates to my question

3 minutes ago, Gator said:

Again?

Naw bro go read/watch. God damn

I'm tired bro...

As I remember it you posted a video of ONE GUY who said he saw something and an audio recording of ONE GUY who said he saw something.   No other 'proof' exists.

You seem to be very selective about when to believe one or two guys and when not to.  The main criteria for belief seems to be if it is in Trump's favour to believe it.

3 minutes ago, Gator said:

He's not a candidate.  He's the actual president.  He won in 2020.  They stole the election from him.

He's actually running for an illegal and illegitimate 3rd term.

Or...are we not doing this anymore?

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You let a YouTube channel tell you what to think then refuse to add any of your own ideas and just tell people to do their own research while peddling the same three videos as nauseam to justify your position.

See there you go just discrediting it as a "YouTube" channel

Like do you guys think everything on YouTube is fake? I mean a lot of it is, but so is shit in the mainstream media. Trick is to ignore the narration, and look at the facts that each side presents. All sides only present what they want to see. So if your closed to the other side you're never fully aware.

Facts are facts whether presented by mainstream media, or a youtuber. Just gotta be careful your not falling for the truth stretching (stop looking at 1 liner videos the media likes to show you). Why you get those short clips, go find the full video.

Sure that YouTuber is a major Trump supporter.. But she did her homework and provided legit proof about how rigged the debate was against Trump.

You can try and label me whichever way you want. You guys notoriously look for ANY reason to discredit proof that doesn't fit your political beliefs. It's true on both sides which is why these discussion usually end up in huge fights. No1 truly listens to the other.

It is what it is. To me facts are facts. Who provides the facts are redundant.. But if CNN shows you a trimmed clip and totally takes things out of context you run with it like fact. Just look at the bloodbath comment for proof in that statement.

Sad really

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gator said:

You've ignored the last one, so I'll ask again: Where, exactly, did they lie in their checks?

They stated that there had been no credible reports of Haitian immigrants eating dogs and cats; and that it was not legal in any state to kill a baby after birth. Please show me that either of those fact checks are a lie.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Why would a debate on Fox be so scary? unless, welp, Trump is past his due date?

Nothing scary about it.. Just not the point. Yall shouldn't be so easily overlooking that. You want me to see mainstream media as fact and a good source of information, but yet you see nothing wrong with them openly feeding us lies to empower their political interest. 

How is that being just brushed off like it's "no big deal"

Is that not scary to you?

3 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

You've ignored the last one, so I'll ask again: Where, exactly, did they lie in their checks?

They stated that there had been no credible reports of Haitian immigrants eating dogs and cats; and that it was not legal in any state to kill a baby after birth. Please show me that either of those fact checks are a lie.

Again. Go back and read. I refuse to repeat myself or share the same proof I did 10x that you obviously didn't bother to watch. You're too lazy to go back a few pages for your answer. Not my problem bud

Edited by Gator

1 minute ago, Gator said:

Nothing scary about it.. Just not the point. Yall shouldn't be so easily overlooking that. You want me to see mainstream media as fact and a good source of information, but yet you see nothing wrong with them openly feeding us lies to empower their political interest. 

How is that being just brushed off like it's "no big deal"

Is that not scary to you?

And this is something Youtube or X would never do?

Again. Go back and read. I refuse to repeat myself or share the same proof I did 10x that you obviously didn't bother to watch. You're too lastly to go back a few pages for tour answer. Not my problem bud

Your video proof is no proof at all.  It's just another opinion piece.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

5 hours ago, Gator said:

Another thing I'd like to point out too as I heard a poster or 2 say he's also going to give in to China, because he loves them too.

But isnt he racist against the chinese? That's what you guys tried to claim when he called covid the "Chinese virus". So does he hate the Chinese, or is he buddies with Xi? Which is it today?

Push the Russia rhetoric, yet evidence suggest Putin is only willing to attack Ukraine when Trump isn't in, and the democrats show 0 willingness to try and end the war

Push the China rhetoric, but which rhetoric is it. Does he hate them, or love them. Which one is the left going with today?

To me I just hear all this extreme rhetoric being pushed.

My thoughts when I hear some of this ridiculous stuff yall try to push...

It's not about the Chinese "people". He tries to "buddy up" with leaders who are simply manipulating him so that's more what it's about. He'd give in thinking he'd made a deal when the other party has no intention of honouring it. He's easily convinced and not nearly bright enough to know he's being used..

He has a false sense of "brotherhood" with leaders of countries he also criticizes (and is racist toward).

He's not the brightest.

Also....putting out a tweet that he hates Taylor Swift? Is this leadership or mean girls and a high school hallway? So utterly unprofessional and no country needs a leader who expresses hatred, especially toward a citizen of the country he's vying to run.

He's a schmoozer, plain and simple. And really misses the mark in his pathetic attempts to "be cool" as part of that.

• Upvote 2

Again. Go back and read. I refuse to repeat myself or share the same proof I did 10x that you obviously didn't bother to watch. You're too lastly to go back a few pages for tour answer. Not my problem bud

Nope. I want your actual opinion and thoughts on it. Not a Youtuber, not CNN, not Fox. You. If you can not tell me in your own words how they lied by issuing two very straight forward statements, then I have to believe you are not as open-eyed as you claim.

... bud.

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

It's not about the Chinese "people". He tries to "buddy up" with leaders who are simply manipulating him so that's more what it's about. He'd give in thinking he'd made a deal when the other party has no intention of honouring it. He's easily convinced and not nearly bright enough to know he's being used..

He has a false sense of "brotherhood" with leaders of countries he also criticizes (and is racist toward).

He's not the brightest.

Also....putting out a tweet that he hates Taylor Swift? Is this leadership or mean girls and a high school hallway? So utterly unprofessional and no country needs a leader who expresses hatred, especially toward a citizen of the country he's vying to run.

He's a schmoozer, plain and simple. And really misses the mark in his pathetic attempts to "be cool" as part of that.

I can definitely respect those views. I disagree. But I respect them.. As for Swift stuff, first I'm hearing about it, but doesn't change the bigger picture for me. 

You won't see me defend Trump "the person"

2 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Nope. I want your actual opinion and thoughts on it. Not a Youtuber, not CNN, not Fox. You. If you can not tell me in your own words how they lied by issuing two very straight forward statements, then I have to believe you are not as open-eyed as you claim.

... bud.

My words mean nothing in the bigger picture. Look at the facts or don't.

My thought?.. Yall need to be more open to accepting facts presented by other side and not their "opinion"

• Confused 1

My words mean nothing in the bigger picture. Look at the facts or don't.

My thought?.. Yall need to be more open to accepting facts presented by other side and not their "opinion"

I'm really losing track.  Can you provide a fact list?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Here we go again. Everything's a conspiracy. Everything's unfair. 

And everything on the other side is dictator Trump this, dictator Trump that

Can't say 1 side of mainstream is credible and the other isn't. 

If you only take left wing mainstream media as fact it's no wonder why you are all so close minded. Scary really