US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

6 minutes ago, EastCoastExpress said:

because Common Sense people are not a part of Inclusion, Diversity, and if you dont agree with them you are evil and part of the dark ages. Its funny, the "right" are not the ones with "hate speak" and they are the ones leading us to "1984"

Freedom of speech unless you disagree with any of them.

Is it conceivable the 'them' and us'  and 'left' and 'right' in those sentences could be flipped and the sentences would still hold the same amount of truth?

25 minutes ago, bolt said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/trump-safe-after-gunshots-his-vicinity-campaign-says

Another crazed left wing extremist...loved the medias term "vicintiy" to downplay shots from an Ak47 just 200 yards away

Another?  The previous assassination attempt was by a registered Republican.  People who knew the assassin described him as such.  None described him as a leftist.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Another?  The previous assassination attempt was by a registered Republican.  People who knew the assassin described him as such.  None described him as a leftist.

Hahaha

"Registered republican"  Did you do your own research?  What was his motive from your cutting investigation?

Edited by bolt

26 minutes ago, bolt said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/trump-safe-after-gunshots-his-vicinity-campaign-says

Another crazed left wing extremist...loved the medias term "vicintiy" to downplay shots from an Ak47 just 200 yards away

What would the acceptable term be? Area? Neighborhood? Proximity? Sphere of Gravitic influence?

11 minutes ago, bolt said:

The sad fact is the last few mass school shootings have been the result of the radicalized left. Ignoring left wing radiclization and extremism is a huge problem in North America

If you would, please enlighten me how recent school shootings are the fault of the left. And does that mean that every one prior to the last few is the fault of the right?

26 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

I believe JD Vance would consider this a "fact of life". Or is that only applicable to schools? Kind of like thoughts and prayers?

Honestly, all I can take from this is that Deep State operatives are poorer shooters than middle school incels/dweebs....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bolt said:

Hahaha

"Registered republican"  Did you do your own research?  What was his motive from your cutting investigation?

I mean he technically was a republican I believe, but thats besides the point. Thats the 1 thing they will hold onto to convince themselves they're not responsible for that assassination attempt

18 minutes ago, bolt said:

The sad fact is the last few mass school shootings have been the result of the radicalized left. Ignoring left wing radiclization and extremism is a huge problem in North America

I don't agree. At all.

I mean, the last kid had a pretty messed up home life. More a matter of kids lacking direction/support from home during rough periods, often bullied at school, etc. resorting to desperate measures. I wouldn't really tag anything political to it, other than the gun loving Republiguns refuse to address the severity of the issue and give up their guns.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bolt said:

Hahaha

There are pages dedicated to the incident in this thread when it happen and during the days after.  He was not a leftist.

Edit:

Max Smith, who took an American history course with Crooks, told the Philadelphia Inquirer that his former classmate "definitely was conservative".

Mr Smith recalled a mock debate in which they both took part, saying: "The majority of the class were on the liberal side, but Tom, no matter what, always stood his ground on the conservative side."

https://www-bbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.com/news/articles/c3gw58wv4e9o.amp?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQIUAKwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=17264334330656&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Farticles%2Fc3gw58wv4e9o

Edited by the destroyer of worlds
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bolt said:

Hahaha

Have you really not read anything about this kid?  Have you not done any research of your own?  Do you seriously want somebody to gather this information for you even though it's already been all over news and internet (left & right)?

16 minutes ago, bolt said:

Yes, there should be some immediate gun legislation enacted to protect American children from the threat of the "radical left"....

What do you think the chances are of the "right" going along with that?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

I don't agree. At all.

I mean, the last kid had a pretty messed up home life. More a matter of kids lacking direction/support from home, bullied at school, etc. resort to desperate measures. I wouldn't really tag anything political to it, other than the gun loving Republiguns refuse to address the severity of the issue and give up their guns.

Exactly! The father bought this boy the AR that was used in the school shooting as a gift. And the boy was 13!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bolt said:

Why have the left become so angry and violent?  Far left extremism is real

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the right continue to promote actions and groups that would do harm to those we love? Groups like the Proud Boys, and actions like anti-LGBTQ legislation?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 3

8 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

There are pages dedicated to the incident in this thread when it happen and during the days after.  He was not a leftist.

He bought into the "leftists".. The way yall lefties push the extreme Trump BS is what caused that assassination attempt. That on top of Biden's comments 2 weeks prior.. Out of context or not thats a very strange figure of speech to use against your highly scrutinized political opponent. For lefties to ignore the extreme consequences  Bidens words had baffles me. Yall run miles and miles with every little thing Trump says even when knowing the context, but don't at all acknowledge how messed up and suspicious the entire assassination attempt looks.

"We need to put Trump into a bullseye"

That's a threat to democracy.

False fact checking presidential debates. Another threat to democracy

But yet... You think Trump is a threat to democracy because he said there will be a bloodbath if he's not elected (ignoring context)

Like make it make sense. Please

Edited by Gator

1 minute ago, Gator said:

He bought into the "leftists".. The way yall lefties push the extreme Trump BS is what caused that assassination attempt. That on top of Biden's comments 2 weeks prior.. Out of context or not thats a very strange figure of speech to use against your highly scrutinized political opponent. For lefties to ignore the extreme consequences  Bidens words had baffles me. Yall run miles and miles with every little thing Trump says even when knowing the context, but don't at all acknowledge a messed up and suspicious the entire assassination attempt looks.

But yet... You think Trump is a threat to democracy because he said there will be a bloodbath if he's not elected (ignoring context)

Trump is not a threat to democracy. He’s a fat assed leader of morans who is getting that fat ass kicked down the street by Harris. A couple more months and that’s the last we’ll hear from the moran King. 

3 minutes ago, Gator said:

The way yall lefties push the extreme Trump BS is what caused that assassination attempt.

Talk about extreme.

We caused it?

Or did someone clearly needing some mental health support take drastic measures to address HIS issues?

• Thanks 2

Just now, Gator said:

He bought into the "leftists".. The way yall lefties push the extreme Trump BS is what caused that assassination attempt. That on top of Biden's comments 2 weeks prior.. Out of context or not thats a very strange figure of speech to use against your highly scrutinized political opponent. For lefties to ignore the extreme consequences  Bidens words had baffles me. Yall run miles and miles with every little thing Trump says even when knowing the context, but don't at all acknowledge a messed up and suspicious the entire assassination attempt looks.

It seems that once again you are voicing an opinion on something when all the evidence gathered to date points in a completely different direction. 

image.jpeg

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Try being the raiders fan in this game: WHY are we going with Minshew, why?????? Our Defense is killing it, but the offense is not worthy of the Raiders logo. 

I am amazed its only 9-6 at the half. 

Ummmm......about that.....:classic_unsure:

And regarding what is causing this.

I'd attribute it more to a man who was in power who is desperate to get back there who constantly pitches an "us against them" narrative. Get them out. Build a wall. "They're eating dogs and cats. Murderers. Countries ripping him off. Now it's something about Canada/water. I see signs of paranoid delusion but his followers eat it up. 

It's always a "fight" with Donald and his Trump-its. It's created a climate of that. Riles people up. He sings his rally cry and calls for the masses to join him.

Maybe trying to create an atmosphere of peace instead of his constant public wars would help diffuse things. 

• Cheers 2