US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

23 minutes ago, Gator said:

(1) Trump warns us about the discussion about late term abortion/post birth execution - Was fact checked and told it wasn't true.. Yet it was very much true. I posted the video proving so a few times if you care to check.

(2) Trump said she was for defunding the police, and she denied it. She wasn't fact checked. She was in fact for defunding the police. I showed proof

(3) Trump said she was against fracking. She denied it - She was in fact against fracking, and that youtuber provided proof

(1) I've posted about this a lot and you have never replied.  Were my posts lies? Misinformation?  I did notice that for a very short while you backtracked and just described a 'slippery slope' that we are apparently too close to. (BTW - As I and many others have pointed out, your video is an opinion piece that proves nothing.)

(2) Where is your proof she wanted to defund the police? Below are the words that spawned this myth and 'defund the police' is no where to be found:

Massive crowds had taken to the streets nationwide to protest police killings of Black Americans, including George Floyd. Their demand that U.S. cities “defund police” and reallocate law enforcement funding to social programs was gaining traction. Then-President Trump had criticized the idea as a “radical” one from Democrats, and then-Sen. Kamala Harris — a former prosecutor who’d written a book titled “Smart on Crime” — was asked to respond.

Harris — who is now running against Trump for president — said in the June 2020 telecast that Trump was “creating fear where none is necessary.” She said the “status quo” belief that more police officers mean greater public safety is “just wrong,” and that what American communities needed was investment in public schools, better access to healthcare, more job opportunities and family incomes that last “through the end of the month.”

“We need to recognize that if you invest in communities, they will be healthy, they will be strong, and we won’t have a need for the militarization of police,” she said. “That doesn’t mean we get rid of police. Of course not. But we have to be practical about this.”

(3)  This one is not a good look for Kamala but it's a common thing for politicians to flip over the years.  When she was a senator from California she was opposed.  Now, as a Presidential candidate, she is for it (or at least accepting of it).   So it goes when someone moves from State to Federal politics.  If you want to see another flip go look for Vance's old statements on Trump (such as 'America's Hitler').

1 minute ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Why does it seem like this second assassination attempt was staged?

It doesn't. It just feels like if this whole election cycle was a thriller on the big silver screen, then naturally, this second attempt would be staged in the 2nd act to set up the third act. I am speaking about fiction though. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t really believe in conspiracy theories…  🤨

What are the chances of an American spotting Trump in the area AND having a weapon close by?  I don't know the answer either and will just wait for trustworthy news.

@Elias Pettersson Dumbo doesn't know how the stock market works. 😆

Trump complains "What's going on?" when his stock trading is halted

• Trump Media (DJT) was halted from trading by the Nasdaq exchange. Trump spewed.

Trump Media’s stock trades on the Nasdaq Composite. It surged in price on Friday after Trump announced he won’t be selling shares in the company.

That spike was so big that it triggered two five-minute trading pauses. Such pauses are routine, and are designed to provide a cooling period. They happen dozens of times a day for various stocks.

• the first Trump Media (DJT) halt occurred at 2:26 p.m. ET and was lifted at 2:31 p.m. ET
  • after it resumed trading before it was halted again at 2:34 p.m. ET for another five-minute halt

Trump replied :

• “What right do they have to do this? They have done it twice today. What’s going on?”
  • “I am going to hold NASDAQ, and maybe the SEC, liable for doing what they are doing,”
  • “If they do it again, we will move the stock to the New York Stock Exchange.”

Unfortunately for Mr. T, shifting the stock to the NYSE would have no effect since both Nasdaq and NYSE both follow the same SEC rules.

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

@Elias Pettersson Dumbo doesn't know how the stock market works. 😆

Trump complains "What's going on?" when his stock trading is halted

• Trump Media (DJT) was halted from trading by the Nasdaq exchange. Trump spewed.

Trump Media’s stock trades on the Nasdaq Composite. It surged in price on Friday after Trump announced he won’t be selling shares in the company.

That spike was so big that it triggered two five-minute trading pauses. Such pauses are routine, and are designed to provide a cooling period. They happen dozens of times a day for various stocks.

• the first Trump Media (DJT) halt occurred at 2:26 p.m. ET and was lifted at 2:31 p.m. ET
  • after it resumed trading before it was halted again at 2:34 p.m. ET for another five-minute halt

Trump replied :

• “What right do they have to do this? They have done it twice today. What’s going on?”
  • “I am going to hold NASDAQ, and maybe the SEC, liable for doing what they are doing,”
  • “If they do it again, we will move the stock to the New York Stock Exchange.”

Unfortunately for Mr. T, shifting the stock to the NYSE would have no effect since both Nasdaq and NYSE both follow the same SEC rules.

It was a big spike.  It was Bigly.  It was so big that it might have been the biggest spike ever…

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bolt said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/trump-safe-after-gunshots-his-vicinity-campaign-says

Another crazed left wing extremist...loved the medias term "vicintiy" to downplay shots from an Ak47 just 200 yards away

2 hours ago, bolt said:

Why have the left become so angry and violent?  Far left extremism is real

Last time this happened you said the same thing

Until it turned out he was a trump supporter 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

FBI is now saying that it was indeed an assassination attempt.

Apparently a really half-assed one.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-shooting-gunshots-florida-f62f8378d3a8ce7b2e99d6a8fb40aba9

Half assed?  Now which person is known for half assed business ventures (well not to him as he always leaves some other poor suckers footing the bill).😜

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It was a crazy person who registered to be able to vote in a primary.

Not maga or a Democrat.

I could care less what political leanings of some crackpot wannabe assassin has but it bothers me not a bit that politicians have to fear for their lives while going about their daily business. Kind of like schoolchildren…

• Confused 2
  • chaos 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

I could care less what political leanings of some crackpot wannabe assassin has but it bothers me not a bit that politicians have to fear for their lives while going about their daily business. Kind of like schoolchildren…

That was the first assassination attempt I was talking about.

If this guy really is a former Trump voter, I'm not sure whether to laugh or roll my eyes until I see my brain.

• Like 1

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

That was the first assassination attempt I was talking about.

If this guy really is a former Trump voter, I'm not sure whether to laugh or roll my eyes until I see my brain.

https://greensboro.com/man-with-gun-barricades-self-inside-business/article_3006b4f9-9370-5b08-a54e-46c87faf6cbe.html

Same guy 20 years ago?

• Thanks 1